“Best wine on the planet!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #63 of 139 Activities in Paso Robles
4 attraction reviews
“Best wine on the planet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

On our way to the coast one year we stopped at Dark Star Cellars. No real reason to do so but we are very glad we did. They treated the young son like visiting royalty and the wine tasting was fair and generous. It bears emphasis that the folks at Dark Star utilize environmentally correct farming procedures and then make a top notch wine. We have had some of the best French and California wines and their wines compare very favorably. At the opening of Petty and Warshawsky, Attorneys at Law, we served their wine exclusively and received rave reviews. The prices are good and their product surperb. Shipping is available, which we do as we live several hours away. Excellent winery.

Paso Robles, California, USA
7 attraction reviews
“Best wine club on the central coast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I just love this winery. Everything about it from the awesome reds at excellent prices to the owners, Norm and Susan. Very relaxed setting. This is now our everyday drinking wine, which does not do it justice because they make of the best wines around so it should be more of an occasion!

Visited May 2014
Paso Robles, California, USA
7 attraction reviews
“Amazing Wines, Great People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I am a wine club member at this family-owner winery. The wines are excellent and an amazing deal for the price. Additionally, the owners and staff are awesome. I find myself often stopping in just to enjoy their company and a few samples of wine!

Tip: Make sure to visit Brian Benson Cellars next door after you taste at Dark Star. Brian is Norm and Susan Benson (Owners/Winemakers @ Dark Star)'s son and makes some outrageously unique, bold and delicious wines.

Visited December 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
12 attraction reviews
“Charming family-owned winery with KILLER wines.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I am shocked that I'm the first person to review Dark Star. We first visited Dark Star in 2011 on a trip to Paso with some family. My husband and I joined Dark Star's wine club a few months ago. They are a smaller, family owned winery but the tasting room is great and their wines are delicious. Planning another trip to Paso when my parents are in town and we will definitely stop here.

Visited September 2013