“now this is a wine tasting!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 139 Activities in Paso Robles
Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
iowa
5 attraction reviews
“now this is a wine tasting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I am welcomed to Le Civier with a beautiful view of the countryside with chairs to encourage the viewing. There is outside seating under a big gnarly tree as well.
Inside is a TRUE wine tasting with the most delicious small food taste that really brings out the flavor of both wine and food. Now if I could just get the recipes to go along with the wonderful wines I brought home. Great, friendly staff. This is a MUST VISIT and they are happy to refer you to other sites as well.

8 attraction reviews
“Small and unpretentious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Referred by our hosts and was amazed at this location and service. On top of a hill overlooking the area with a small tasting room. Wines are paired with a small taste to enhance the flavor of the wine - so well done! Ended up buying a bottle of Zinfandel.

Plano, Texas, USA
5 attraction reviews
“Always a worthwhile visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We became members after my wife's first visit a few years ago. The wines are distinctive and delicious. On every visit to Paso Robles, Le Cuvier is a must stop for us. The staff at the tasting room is always gracious, friendly, and a pleasure to visit with. Small plate pairings are offered - quite a treat! They have an excellent chef whose efforts should be noted as she creates wonderful treats to be enjoyed with the wine. The view looking east is stunning and we usually open a bottle and sit outside overlooking the valley to take it all in. One of the great things to note about wine at Le Cuvier is its ability to stand up after being opened for a day or so. Looking forward to our next trip to the area!

Fairfield, Connecticut
“Came recommended, left a member”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Le Cuvier came highly recommended to us by Chamisol and Kynsi wineries in Arroyo Grande (both amazing and worth a visit as well). But the wine at Le Cuvier was the highlight of our day trip to Paso Robles. There was such an elegance and artful craft to these wines... really difficult to put into words. But I must say that it certainly helped that they offered a free amuse-bouche food pairing that was created by a local chef... really brought each the wines to life.

So rather than purchasing all their wines and carting them back home I signed up for a membership. Could not be more pleased and looking forward to the first shipment in a couple of weeks. Highly recommend!

Visited September 2013
California
4 attraction reviews
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

The first time I tried this wine, I knew instantly my husband and I would become wine club members. The wine has so much flavor, is made uniquely, and we love coming up twice a year to pick up our wine shipment.

This last time, we did a cabernet blending event. $60 for 3 hours of wine blending, tasting, and a wonderful catered lunch. They even made a separate gluten free option for my allergy. The event was such a fun experience, can't wait to try another.

Visited March 2013