“Fantastic Food and Atmosphere!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 151 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Tucked away in the heart of wine country just off of Route 46 East near Paso Robles, The Grill at Hunter Ranch is a favorite destination among locals for great food and a relaxed atmosphere. Take a break on our veranda and enjoy stunning views of the golf course and neighboring vineyards. We serve up breakfast and lunch seven days a week, with daily happy hour specials and a Sunday Brunch Buffet that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you're golfing, wine tasting, traveling through town, or just love our signature bacon, stop in, relax, and enjoy your dining experience.
Santa Clarita, California
“Fantastic Food and Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband and I were visiting the Central Coast and Paso Robles on a recent trip. My parents had recommended that we make a point to have lunch at The Grill at Hunter Ranch. I am so glad that we took their advice. The Grill is located adjacent to a golf course, so the outdoor dining experience we had with regard to atmosphere was beautiful and tranquil; with views of rolling hills and oak trees. The staff there is super friendly and efficient. Since my mom had told me that the food portions are very generous, we decided to share an entree since we were leaving to come home right after lunch. They do charge a nominal split plate charge, but it was the way to go for us since we didn't want to worry about any leftovers. We shared the Da Vinci Sandwich which was recommended by our server. The description given is what you would think of a typical type of grilled chicken sandwich, but this one not only looked great, and was huge as expected, but it was by far one of the best chicken sandwiches I have had. We added a side salad and chose fries as the side for our sandwich. There are French fries, and there are French fries ... these were outstanding. I make French fries at home and use the double fry method, so my expectations for restaurant fries might be a little high. These did not disappoint ... they were delicious and the perfect texture! We each got a glass of the house wine which was very good and at a cost of only $5 a glass. The pour was fairly generous. We will definitely be back for enjoy another meal and great atmosphere at The Grill at Hunter Ranch when we return to the Paso area!

• Visited May 2014

Carlsbad, California
“The Best Calamari Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I commented on the Resturant in my review of the golf course, but I will repeat it again because I would hate for anyone to miss this place. We ate lunch there one day after golfing (not me our son) and the another day he went back to golf and so my husband and I and our sons wife had appetizers and drinks. And they were fabulous! We had a artichoke dip that was good and the calamari steak was the best ever! A must!

• Visited March 2014
Argyle, Texas
“Bacon with a View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

My wife and I started out morning at The Grill for breakfast. We arrived too early to do the brunch, but that was okay as we had plenty of food.

We sat on the porch and took in the view of the golf course and the vineyards in the distance while drinking our coffee and mimosas.

My only mistake was ordering sausage rather than bacon with my breakfast.

The bacon is probably the best I have ever had. It was perfectly cooked and is glazed or marinated is a secret sauce. Our waitress, Summer, told us they sign a nondisclosure agreement concerning the bacon...

I wish I had been able to play golf, but this wasn't that type of trip.

• Visited February 2014
Paso Robles, California
“Great Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We enjoyed a fabulous brunch here with a cousin and my mom! It was a very nice buffet and menu. Everyone was very happy with their meal! and we left there very well satisfied.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
california
“Golf and goodies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Great golf at reasonable prices and excellent food also reasonablly priced. Loved the outing! The course is challenging but not foreboding. The restaurant offers great food and a super Sunday brunch!

Visited June 2013