“Great Winery, right off the highway” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #61 of 143 things to do in Paso Robles
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit our cozy and inviting tasting room located directly on Highway 101, just five miles north of Paso Robles. Family owned and operated, we specialize in small lots of estate grown and produced varietals. Our tasting room is full of unique and beautiful gifts, gourmet goodies and our award-winning wines! Scenic vineyard view from every window and a shaded terrace is available for picnics.
Paso Robles, CA
9 attraction reviews
“Great Winery, right off the highway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Cathy and Brady greeted us as if we were long lost friends and it only got better from there. The wine is very tasty and the prices are very competitive with comparable wineries in the area. The tasting room is well laid out with great merchandise and the wine dogs were a blast. The view is very nice and we were offered the opportunity to purchase a bottle and relax on the back patio with a lunch that we had brought along. This is a must stop winery if you are touring the Paso Wine Region. The Red Table Wine was a nice surprise and the Zinfandel is very good.

“What a GREAT Experience!Experienced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We've been to Paso a couple of time, always a great time. This time we interest from the north as we came from SanFran. We stopped because it was one of the few places open mid week. Cindy at the tasting counter was very nice. We even bought a piece of her original art work. This is a family owned and operated winners. After tasting some of their wonderful wines the owner showed up. He was very open and friendly. We asked if asked if he knew of a place we could get a tour of a vineyard. He had his son give us a full guided tour. What a super, unexpected event.

Visalia, California
78 attraction reviews
4,171 helpful votes 4,171 helpful votes
“Good stop for refreshings! Lol!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

Ok I do enjoy wine and I come here mostly because my best friend loves the sweet wine here, me I like reds, and this last time they had a great petit verdot which I did buy, so it's great here, the people are fun and they sure know what they have. I got for the third time a great brandy they have also! I recommend this place for most people who likes sweet wine, I'm sure you will love it as much as my friend does. Plus they have more to choose from!

Monterey
55 attraction reviews
“Great Wines Begin In The Vineyard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Brady and Cathy Winter are the generous hosts of this winery. I remember coming to this winery years ago before they had their tasting room built (it was under construction) We were met in the barrel room and were treated to an outstanding variety of wines by Brady Winter. Every time that I come to the Paso Robles area I visit San Marcos Creek Winery. I am a proud member of their Wine Club too! I recommend all of you to join this club as well. The wines speak for themselves. If you are a fan of wine, which I am, you will live all of the products that San Marcos Creek Winery have to deliver. They also have very fun events at their winery. It is located right off of US 101 and easily accessible. I look forward to my next visit with great anticipation. Thanks Brady and Cathy!

Visited August 2012
San Jose, California
“My favorite winery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

I have been to over 100 wineries in all areas of California and in northern Oregon and San Marcos Creek in my favorite by far. Everything about this winery is great. A beautiful tasting room, very nice wines, very friendly staff/owners this winery is the total package for a nice wine tasting experience. It is just off highway 101 about 4 miles north of Paso Robles up on a small hill. It has a nice picnic area behind the tasting room and very reasonable prices on their wines. Every trip to Paso has a stop at San Marcos Creek.

Visited May 2011