“Noisy Pipes” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Oregon
“Noisy Pipes”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Right now the noise from the upstairs shower is deafening. I didn't think this happened anymore in modern hotels. It is also next to a train track, and although I haven't heard them at night, they do come by. Too bad about the noise as the bed is comfy, the staff is nice and they have a good fitness room. Next time I'll try somewhere else.

Stayed March 2014
HixRep, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to leave some feedback. We apologize for the noisy pipes, I believe we were experiencing unusually high water pressure for a while but I understand the issue has been resolved nicely.
We would love to have you stay with us again any time you are in town
Thanks and safe travels
Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Hotel near wineries. Had a great Happy Hour,with local brewery hosting...it was a good time. Hotel was quiet at night and staff was pleasant. Lots of local shops and restaurants nearby. Free parking..

Room Tip: Higher floors less noise
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lynch 2014
Thank you! We enjoyed reading your review and we would like to thank you for for generously sharing your experience with other travelers. Our Happy Hours are a lot of fun for us too. So glad you were able to join us.
We love that you have recommended us to other travelers and sincerely look forward to your return.
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Wherever I go, if there is a Holiday Inn Express, that's where I will stay. It was great. The breakfast, which is included, offered a good variety of choices. The staff were helpful, no matter the question.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear McCalifornia
Thank you so much for staying with us and for writing such a great review of our Hotel and Staff
We are thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay and your time here in Paso Robles.
We would love to see you again soon
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I typically leave a hotel experience with strong feelings either positive or negative. With this hotel, I felt very neutral. The rooms were average, although I will say the bathroom was on the small side. Beds were comfortable and I didn't hear a lot of hallway noise. One thing I always pay attention to is accessibility of power outlets in hotel rooms. As a business traveler, there must be outlets on the nightstand. That was not the case at this property. I had to plug in my phone and laptop across the room at the desk. There was also only one outlet so I had to keep alternating chargers, which was annoying. Breakfast was typical hotel breakfast buffet. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Again, this was a neutral experience. Although I did not dislike my stay, If I'm in Paso again, I would probably try a different hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
HixRep, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Hi there
We really appreciate you taking time to leave some feedback. I want to let you know that we actually have a large remodel planned for this year which will include power outlets in all of our lamps. We have new pillows on our beds and are happy to hear you found the beds comfortable and the room nice and quiet.
Hopefully you will stay with us next time you are in town and if it is on a Monday, through a Thursday you will be able to enjoy our evening Manager's reception where we pour complementary beer and wine from local wineries and breweries.
Safe Travels
Respectfully
Guest Services
Temecula
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

All I was looking for was a pillow to lay my head down on for the night, but I came away from my stay as a big fan of this business based on the unexpected. The person who checked me in (Erika, I believe?) was super friendly and helpful. She competently answered a bunch of questions I had about the local area, and cheerfully said yes to a few special requests I had. As I was checking in, she pointed out that there was a complimentary wine and beer reception going on, featuring a local craft brewery and someone from Rotta Winery pouring three of their wines. It was a nice detour before heading up to the room to finish some work. After I left Paso Robles, I realized I had left something at the hotel that I needed to deliver to a local business. When I called the hotel about it, Amanda offered to take it herself, saving me a lot of hassle. That is the type of above-and-beyond service that is rare in today's world. So yes, I got a nice pillow to lay my head on, but I also got much more and now I'm a big fan of Holiday Inn Express in Paso.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed here during our road trip of California. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is free and there is plenty of choice. The indoor pool is very nice. A short walk from many nice restaurants.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

The staff here is amazing. The managers special and local resteraunt accommodations that they provide is excellent. The staff really goes out of their way to ensure that your stay is the best that it can be. I highly reccome d this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014
Wow!!
Way to make us proud! Thank you so much for the really incredible feedback. Our entire team work so hard for everything that we offer to consistently be of the highest possible level! It is always wonderful to hear that our work is paying off. I will share your review with our entire staff and I am sure they will be thrilled to hear how you rated us.
Thanks again for your generous review, please come back and join us soon and we wish you safe travels.
Guest Relations

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites? Share your experiences!