“Our Home Away from Home” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 18 hotels in Paso Robles
Whittier, California
“Our Home Away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We loved our visit at the Holiday Inn Express in Paso Robles. We have stayed at other hotels in the area but they all seemed to be lacking something. With GREAT beds, friendly staff, free internet, and free breakfast what more could you need!

Our first stay was during the Mid-State Fair. It was very close to the fair grounds but not too close to attract the wantabee straglers. We had an issue a year early at another hotel.

We liked that the room included breakfast. It was more than the bagels and muffins that some hotels offer. We like the variety to have a filling breakfast or a light breakfast. The help in the room is friendly and helpful. They never make us feel rushed.

One of the best things about the hotel is the beds. We slept so well! We were able to sleep in and be comfortable. I never knew how much a bed could make to my overall well being. It made such an impression on us that we just had to have one of those beds in our home. Now I get a good night sleep every night.

Paso Robles is a wonderful friendly town that has the best people. They are so welcoming to visitors. The staff at the Holiday Inn Express is an example of these small town people who welcome everyone.

Room Tip: Book early on busy weekends; ask for their best rate
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
HixRep, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Thanks so much for that awesome review! We take so much personal pride in providing that type of service that makes you feel comfortable, appreciated and pampered. Paso Robles truly is a gem and we hope you come back soon:)!

204 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

For our visit to Paso Robles, this HIE is always one of our first choice because of its convenient location and reasonable rates. This time, after a long 7-hour drive, we were glad to arrive at HIE Paso Robles. The front desk staff are always friendly and helpful. Our room was quite large, very clean and quiet. Air-condition unit was quiet and worked very well. Breakfast was OK, standard HIE, and the breakfast area was clean. But, the part that I like the most about this HIE is their awesomely comfortable beds. It is something that we can look forward to, having a cozy and restful sleep, whether after a long drive or after a full-day of wine tasting. We like this HIE, as I mentioned before, for its accessible location to great restaurants, gasoline stations, drug stores and other convenient places.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for staying with us!! We are so happy our beds felt wonderful to you and we hope you come back and see us next time you are in the area!:)
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

First time staying at a Holiday Inn Express & Suites. The hotel was very easy to find and central to our wine tasting and golf trip. We had the 1 large king bed and spa room on the first floor of the annex. The hotel seemed quiet, which was great for us and we took advantage of their breakfasts, which were more than I expected. The rooms had plenty of space and the bed was great. I would recommend this hotel to others as it is a short car trip away to all of the Paso fun.

Room Tip: The Annex can be more quiet than the actual hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Somerset, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This hotel was excellent. The rooms and the bathroom were beautiful, clean and I must admit, I was delightfully surprised. The service was excellent as well. It was in the midst of the wine country and we were able to hire a driver to take us to several wineries. Highly recommend!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Loma Linda, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

As a Priority Club member I have had exceptional service at most of the Holiday Inn Express hotels I have stayed at. This time we arrived tired from a long day of travel and were told that our choice of room was not available. I had requested a room with 2 queens as there were 3 adults in our party. We were told that we could have a King bed with a double sofa bed for the "same" price. I informed the desk agent that his alternative was not acceptable as my adult son would not be comfortable on a sofa bed. I told him that I was willing to go on to another location if he would set it up for us. He stated that there were no rooms anywhere. Hmmmm! I knew that wasn't completely true and again stated what I could and could not accept. Finally the desk agent relented and gave us what I had originally requested. Really?!? Why all the fuss?

As we were unloading the manager and the desk agent had stepped outside and were smoking their cigarettes right by the opening and closing front door. They did not have the courtesy to step 10 feet away, as the smoking law in California states, so that their smoke would not drift into the lobby. Consequently the lobby and hallways (as the lobby was open to the next floor) smelled of cheap cigarettes.

I was very disappointed in our reception and the way we were treated upon arrival and do not plan on ever staying at that location again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Evening front desk manager was very courteous and helpful.
Rooms were adequate - but clean.
Breakfast was good - enough of it and varied.
Service at breakfast was very good - right on top of what was being eaten so that they could refill.

Room Tip: we stayed on the fourth floor, and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

This hotel is a bid more off the beaten path (i.e. further from the 101 freeway) than most other motels in Paso Robles. This makes it harder to find without a GPS, but quieter than most. Both the lobby and the rooms had a very modern vibe. As a platinum Priority Club member, I was given a suite in the annex, which has a living room with an additional TV (and a separate wall AC unit, for some strange reason). I'm not sure I understand a prior reviewer's reticence to having a room in the annex. Parking is outside for both buildings, and the neighborhood did not seem iffy in any way to me.
Although none of the rooms have a view, all of the rooms are isolated from the highway and seemed quiet. We also didn't hear noise from any neighbors, nor any hallway noise. All of the furnishings were comfortable and in good condition. Strangely, the sofa in the living room was NOT a sofa-bed. Breakfast was the usual HIX affair: tasty and ample, albeit mass-produced. I especially enjoy the fresh cinnamon rolls.
While I'm not sure I would be happy to pay the $250/night that a prior reviewer paid, I felt I got a good value for the $110/night I paid. The Hampton Inn (where I've stayed before) wanted to charge $60/night more, and it's no better than this hotel (both are fine--I wouldn't spend any more for one or the other unless I needed credit in a particular hotel program).

Room Tip: Rooms 400+ are in the annex, with 400 being the ground floor, 600 being the third and top floor. The...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites? Share your experiences!