“Great tasting” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #51 of 139 Activities in Paso Robles
Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: The Parrish Family's roots run deep in the Paso Robles & Atascadero area. In 1927, the Parrish and Henderson families settled here and planted 720 acres of varietals. Earl Henderson was one of the founding fathers of Atascadero and in turn, received P.O. Box 1, the first P.O. Box in Atascadero. As an homage to the Parrish's grandfather, Earl Henderson, we have attributed one of our labels, P.O. Box 1, in honor of him.The Parrish family has a deep attachment to tradition and the love for the Paso Robles area which provides us the opportunity to carry on the legacy of producing amazing wines. We strive for excellence in both our wine making process and our vineyard operations. Fall Hours: SU 1-5pm, MO 1-6pm, TH 1-6pm, FR-SA 1-7pm, Closed TU & WE
Cen Cal
“Great tasting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stopped here with the food tour. The atmosphere was relaxing and approachable. The vertical tasting was really interesting We left we a bottle of Silken and Petite Syrah. Great tasting wines.

Visited March 2014
Cecily R, General Manager at Parrish Family Vineyard, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Hi there!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! It's wonderful to hear about how the food tour is, which I know Laura does an exceptional job with. I'm so glad that you felt relaxed and welcomed as that is what my family and I strive for. You picked a couple of my favorite wines, so I'm sure those will be enjoyed.

Hope you can visit us again and that I can meet you on your next visit. Thank you again and cheers!

Cecily Parrish Ray

4 attraction reviews
“Valentine's Day fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Great location, very friendly/knowledgeable tasting room attendant. Stopped in on Valentines Day around 2pm, Vivant cheese (local) pairing, bought the Sauv Blanc ($18, $10 ea to taste, bottle purchase waives a tasting, no brainer purchase) and was able to pick up later for dinner at The Artisan (greatly appreciated to keep chilled.) Brought my boyfriend here in his first wine tasting experience, and it was perfect! Nice variety of wines to taste and side by side tasting of their 2007 and 2009 cab was a nice touch. Nice, "fancy," but not snooty. Small tasting room, felt comfortable with 3 other couples there. Bar, table, and couch seating available. Would recommend to others.

Cecily R, General Manager at Parrish Family Vineyard, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Hi there!

I'm so glad you and your boyfriend could join us for Valentine's Day and that we could be your boyfriend's first tasting experience! How fun! Sounds like you had a wonderful time planned with wine tasting and enjoying dinner at Artisan, so I truly appreciate you letting us be apart of your day. I hope the rest of your trip was enjoyable as well.

We definitely look forward to your return and thank you for writing us a review!

Best wishes,

Cecily Parrish Ray
San Diego, California
13 attraction reviews
“Nice downtown tasting room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We enjoyed the wines and the tasting room very much. We brought friends back the next day and we enjoyed it a second time. Nice that they have later hours on the week-ends. Do a little tasting before going to dinner in town...

Visited July 2013
Cecily R, General Manager at Parrish Family Vineyard, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Hi Lynne!
Thanks so much for the review! I'm so happy to hear that you joined our tasting room twice on your trip and even brought your friends back! It's good to know that your experience is exactly what we hope for. So, again, I appreciate your thoughts.

We hope you stop in whenever you are in Paso again!

Cheers!

Cecily
San Diego, California
7 attraction reviews
“Nice Downtown Tasting Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

The tasting room has modern decor with high ceilings and large prints hung on the walls giving it city loft feel. The wine was superb, we picked up some Sauvignon Blanc for easy drinking and a bottle of Syrah for a special meal. I heard it gets very busy on weekends but Parrish is worth a visit any time.

Visited May 2013
Cecily R, General Manager at Parrish Family Vineyard, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the wines and the tasting room. Great that you were able to pick up a bottle of Sauv Blanc (one of my favorties) as it is perfect for this warm weather. I hope you had a great trip and that you'll visit us whenever you're back!
Chicago, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
“Excellent Family Run Winery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Located in downtown area, the Parrish Family Vineyard wine tasting room is located in a retail storefront and was friendly, small and comfortable. Very easy to get to. David Parrish is quite knowledgable and friendly. The wines are excellent.

Visited February 2013
Cecily R, General Manager at Parrish Family Vineyard, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Hi Michael!

Thanks for your review and for visiting! We had such a wonderful time with you all. We hopefully will get a chance to come out to Chicago and you can give us the tour! :)

-Cecily