“Very good food.......” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Cortile is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 142 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Cross street: Spring Street
Carlsbad, California
“Very good food.......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We went to this restaurant for the third time. As every time before, the restaurant was outstanding......the food was very good and very Italian in nature. There was a large group with us and we were all happy with our meals.
We will visit this restaurant again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Halifax, Canada
“What a Gem of a Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We had a stopover stay in Paso Robles on our way from Los Angeles to Carmel on the Pacific Coast Highway. Typical yuppy wannabe tourists in search of good wine and touring in the convertible sports car we were. We arrived at a nearby hotel and decided to just walk around town in search of a restaurant. This was the last menu we decided to check before making a decision and we were so happy we stopped here. The food was superb. The service found the fine balance between friendly, informative and entertaining that is so hard to achieve. We started with Insalata di mare and Quaglia. Both were done right and good beginnings. We then had the beef tortellini and Tortellini parma cotto. We were in California for 5 days and this was the best meal we had and continue to reference this experience.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oxnard, California
“Creative menu.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Almost everyone we met in Paso Robles raved about Il Cortile and since we were in Paso to celebrate a special birthday, we had dinner there. The first thing I noticed from the menu was that there were only two entrees that appealed to me - salmon ($25) and fillet mignon ($33). I'm not a picky eater but boar, beef cheeks and squid ink pasta are a little out of my comfort zone. I ordered the salmon which was really good and the chopped salad ($9) which I thought was bland. We shared desserts and they were all very good. Our server was excellent and helped make the meal special for us. Il Cortile is a small restaurant so it would be a good idea to make a reservation.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
California
“Mixed feelings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I read the reviews before going to the restaurant. Were really not very helpful . After having eaten there, this won't be either. First of all, it is expensive for this area. A counterpoint, the service was immaculate. The menu was exotic. The food we ordered, every one agreed, was very good to excellent. So we're back to the sticking point, of price. If money is no object and you want to cover your bets by having a surefire meal, then this is certainly the place. Especially for a tourist who is at the mercy of the unknown. From my frame of reference, to justify the expense I personally need more atmosphere. Live music, a stunning visual view, a setting to remember. But that is just me

Fountain Valley, California
“Good, Not Great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The hotel recommended Il Cortile to us for dinner and we decided Italian sounded good for the evening. The hotel made a reservation for us and when we arrived, we were promptly seated.

The ambiance is nice, it is a little eatery and we looked forward to a great dinner. Restaurants need to understand that their wait staff really creates either a good or great dining experience. Our waiter, while nice enough, was rushed, a bit condescending and just didn't seem to want to be bothered. We are not high maintenance people.

We each ordered a nice glass of wine and decided to split the Caprese Salad. When I inquired about the size, wondering if there was enough to share, our waiter answered "it's a salad". Well, that tells me a lot. When asking if it was a traditional Caprese Salad, he said "yes, with cheese and tomato. So we gave it a go. It wasn't traditional, it had beautiful flavored nectarines, which added another dimension of freshness and sweetness, it was delicious. But the wait staff should know how to explain a dish and also should have tasted the evening specials.

The waiter hurriedly explained the specials with no prices for each dish, which is odd. My husband ordered the Beef Cheeks tortellini. I didn't sample it, but he said it was good, nothing special. The dish wasn't beautiful, it was about 6 to 8 tortellini sitting atop a tomato sauce, no garnish, it was bland green and red.
I opted for one of the specials, Truffle Risotto. It was absolutely delicious, with plenty of shaved truffles on top with a Parmesan Cream Sauce. I loved it, but was a bit shocked at the price when we were given our bill. I do know that Truffles are expensive, but it would have been nice to know the price on each special as we ordered.

Our waiter didn't really check back with us, honestly, he just didn't want to be bothered. We felt like he was doing us a favor and that just creates an unpleasant atmosphere.

Paso Robles has some great restaurants and I just don't know if I would go back due to the lack of service in what is suppose to be a nice restaurant.

• Visited June 2014