“Recommended by a friend; Now it's my turn to recommend!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Cortile is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 156 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Spring Street
Lake Forest, Illinois
“Recommended by a friend; Now it's my turn to recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Il Cortile was recommended to me by a friend out of LA who knows the Paso Robles area very well. I wasn't disappointed. As the manager stated to me, "we promise three things: great food, great service and to always be open when we say we will." That was great, because I had a long commute to get here today and I wasn't able to get to the restaurant until almost 9pm local time (on a Sunday evening). Never mind that I was the ONLY customer there at this hour, they treated me wonderfully and, in fact, it felt like I was dining with friends. It doesn't hurt that the food was amazingly good (I only wish I could have sampled more of the menu!). I guess that just means I'll have to come back soon. Don't miss this restaurant if you are in town. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Portland, Oregon
“Delizioso”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Elegant Italian decor, a warm welcome, excellent service, attention to detail. We began with an unusual app of roast chicken and pork meatballs wrapped in crisp, salty prosciutto and bedded on an assortment of baby veggies steamed tender crisp. We followed these with tortelloni stuffed with succulent beef cheek and sauced with a truffled wine reduction, meltingly good. Next was a thick veal chop, grilled to rare juicy perfection and napped with a rich, savory porcini mushroom velvet and surrounded by more tasty veggies. The wine list included one of our harder-to-find favorites, the Rosso di Montalcino, and it was a perfect accompaniment to the richness and intensity of flavors of our menu. Great experience!

Visited February 2013
Los Angeles, California
“good italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I've had excellent experiences there, and I've had some just OK experiences. Food is always delicious, although depending on what's ordered, I don't always see the value. Usually it's the service that changes my experience one way or another. Generally pretty crowded on the weekends.

Visited March 2012
Paso Robles, California, United States
“Fenominal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Just finished the most amazing meal at il cortile! The service was excellent, the food some of the most amazing I've ever had and the extra touches that make it a top notch experience!! It was great to have the reverse wine maker dinner featuring halter ranch with the wine maker visiting each table and the chef making an appearance at the end of the night. We will be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bellbrook, OH
“Heavenly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We went to a reverse wine dinner the first night. The gnocchi was the best I have ever had. We enjoyed the dinner so much that we went back for dinner each night in Paso. Personalized service, exceptional food, wonderful people, fabulous wine list..... I can go on but the best thing you can do is to make resrvations and go there for an amazing culinary treat!

Visited February 2013