“Go eat there NOW!” 5 of 5 stars

Cross street: Entrance in Alley
Lompoc, California, United States
“Go eat there NOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Oh, my God! I've never heard of pork bellies other than in the context of bad investments. Buying pork belly futures, manufacturing widgets, ... Thomas Hill Organics introduced me to pork bellies in the real world and all I can say is... Oh, my God!

Stop reading this review right now. I mean it. Just stop. Get in your car and drive immediately to this place and have one of their pork belly sandwiches. I don't care if you live in Milwaukee - just do it. Nike would be proud.

The pork belly sandwich comes on ciabatta bread and I was hesitant about that because virtually all the ciabatta I've ever had has been hard. The sandwich sounded interesting and the waitress recommended it highly so I figured I'd give it a try. Boy am I glad that I did.

I live 100 miles away from Paso and plan to take my girlfriend up there to have one of these sandwiches for lunch. While we're there we'll poke around the town a bit but the sandwich is the real draw. Is that enough of a recommendation?

Oh, and why are you still reading this? Weren't you supposed to be in the car and driving over there? Ah, that's right. Smart phones...

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Estes Park, Colorado
“Tasty meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed their kale salad, mixed with lots of ingredients. Several other dishes looked great as well. Friendly service too. Outdoor seating available. Upscale bar area. Looking forward to eating here again!

“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for the first time for lunch today. Great ambience. Food was delicious. My husband got the beef burger and I got the bahn mi sandwich. Both were served with salad and both were absolutely delicious and made with the highest quality ingredients. Coffee was great as well. Service was impeccable.

“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Try their burger - soooo good! Made with romesco sauce, carmalized onions, yummy cheese, bacon and more. Grilled chicken sandwich - outrageous. Lovely place to have lunch. The service was great.

Lafayette, California, United States
“Please Don't Let the Eating of This Sandwich End! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stopped here for lunch yesterday and split two items. First was an interesting Brussels Sprouts salad that included, surprisingly, fish. It was delicious, but it was just the warm up for the succulent, sweet, and amazingly tasty pork belly banh mi sandwich on ciabatta that followed. Oh my oh my was that ever good. So good, in fact, that I didn't want the eating of my half of the sandwich to ever end, and as it progressively disappeared from my fingers I became increasingly forlorn at the thought that this most delicious thing I have had in years would soon be gone. It was THAT GOOD, and if I lived nearby I would go to that restaurant occasionally and order an entire bathtub filled with these amazingly delicious pork belly sandwiches and spend a week wallowing in that tub and eating those sandwiches and then I might finally be sated.

The wine list was also impressive and I had a nice glass of a Paso Robles red blend.

Two dishes and two glasses of wine: $45.