“Clean and Neat” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 18 hotels in Paso Robles
Medford, Oregon
“Clean and Neat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I like to research almost all the hotel/motels in an area before picking one. I look for value and I read all the reviews (good and bad) on each place I am considering. The Melody Ranch Motel seemed to me to be the best choice. The motel is 50's/60's style and reminded me of some of the motels my family stayed in coming out west on the old Route 66 in 1959. Clean and neat are the order of the day at Melody Ranch. The room was spotless and well maintained. The bed was firm and the sheets were crisp and we both had a wonderful sleep. I love a nice shower and this place did not disappoint. Nice tile in the bathroom and a full shower (not a tub/shower combo). The morning was a bit cool so the wall heater came in handy to warm things up a bit. I also liked the fact that guests had an assigned parking space in front of their room. The only downside to the place, as one other visitor mentioned, was the lack of electrical outlets. The only reason I mention this at all is I sleep with a CPAP machine and could not plug it in - not a huge problem for one night. As for value, the price of the room was great. We weren't in town for any wine tasting or that sort of thing, just visiting relatives. My wife and I will stay here the next time we come to town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
scottsdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

have stayed at melody ranch so many times in month of April with group of friends and love it. affordable....clean! and comfortable! if you desire high quality linens..heavenly mattress...do not stay here HOWEVER..if it is the best value in a great location..walk to restaurants ...town square
minutes to fabulous vineyards.this is the best...oh great friendly front desk

• Stayed April 2012
santa barbara,ca.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We were driving North on 101 and spent the night here, and thought it was adorable and a very refreshing respite from the heat. The front desk staff were lovely and kind. The pool was
delightful. Walking into town after sunset was a pleasure. Paso is a really cute place that I have never really explored. We slept well-the room was quiet and very comfortable. The next day, we had been on the road for a while when we got a call from the friendly proprietor letting us know we'd left some clothes behind. That was very nice, as we needed them for a wedding, so we went back to retrieve them.
Driving home after the wedding weekend in Sonoma, we found ourselves wanting to stop for dinner in Paso, and why not just get a room, as well? It was hot-we were tired-we had a great place in mind to stay, and they just happened to have a vacancy. We were happy to get our same room. A bit of an oasis before we had to get back into our busy lives back home on Monday. It was a very very pleasant experience!

Room Tip: Room 10 has a king size bed
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

My Sweetie and I stayed here once when we were looking for someplace economical and in the downtown area. We wanted to be within walking distance of the tasting rooms and restaurants, and wanted to save our money to buy wine. Since I was in charge of making the reservations, I chose Melody Ranch on a whim.

What a great place! We loved the staff, the room - small and not modern - is that an image of Elvis I see in the grout? It was perfectly clean, and it felt like we had been transported to 1960s California.

We're going back to Paso shortly and guess where we're staying? Its charm is too much to pass by, particularly since our plans are mostly in the downtown area. I'm looking forward to our next stay at Melody Ranch. Like many others who have reviewed this charming place, the only downside is the pool. However, since the last time we were there was in the fall, that's probably not a fair assessment. This time will be a trip in August, and we'll be able to assess it much better.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

I will say that this was the cheapest place we found. The staff here was friendly and accommodating when we needed more towels. The shower is SUPER small but overall it was a decent place to stay. We would stay here again but it is pretty average.

• Stayed July 2012
houston, texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is the place for a simple stay in a simple room. Nothing much updated in the room, but it was clean and comfortable. Rooms are pretty much a classic motel motif...no flat screens or granite bathroom countertops....vintage lighting and tube tv's....that's what our room was at least. My wife and I loved it, especially the price. Bed was comfortable and bathroom was clean.
The motel was safe and secure, the staff friendly. Nice pool area and a great access to 101 South, local restaurants and entertainment. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you need a refrigerator in your room, just ask at the desk....they will bring you one at no-charg...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Long Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Great price and location for this little motel. It's super affordable compared to other hotels and it's a block away from the center of town. Very nice staff. We'll be back for sure. Only negative is they need a few new lounge chairs out by the pool.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Melody Ranch Motel? Share your experiences!