“Yuk!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 30 Paso Robles B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“Yuk!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I had a funeral to attend, I live in San Francisco, so I looked on line and booked a room for one night. When I got there I was amazed at how awful it was. Nothing at all like the pictures portrayed. The room consisted of four blank walls, 1 chair, 1 end table, 1 well worn king size bed, a short dresser with a t.v. on top, next to a mini fridge and microwave. The end table next to the bed had no light or alarm clock. The bathroom was pretty much the same. No soap or shampoo, just a couple of towels and a shower. The small closet space did not even have a door. The carpet was green shag from the 70's. The curtains were thumbtacked at the bottom, so no one could peek in I guess. I couldn't even take my clothes in, it was that disgusting! They had to turn off the water for repairs, so I couldn't even flush the toilet!
I went looking around town and found a Holiday Inn Express. I told the clerk what I was going through and she asked where the other hotel was. When I told her 36th and Spring St. she shuddered and I asked if that was a bad part of town. She nodded and I checked in there and went back to the Wine Country Inn. I told him I found a place closer to the funeral, and I know I paid on line but how about giving me at least $40.00 back. I didn't want him to lose out either. He blew up at me and told me to get the ------ out of there. I thought he was going to assault me.
Please don't make the same mistake I did.

Room Tip: Go to the Holiday Inn Express, much better accommodations.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Vista, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The pictures from outside or deceiving. The only reason we didn't turn around and leave was because it was prepaid and I figured it would be a hassle getting a refund. Furthermore, we would have had to pay a premium price to stay anywhere else at the last minute on a Friday night.

The room was no better than a Motel 6; with the exception of the bed. The mattress was comfortable. The bathroom was falling apart due to water damage. The walls are so soft, they can't hold a towel rack. There is no ventilation in the bathroom and the window is locked shut. After taking a shower with a showerhead that will literally sandblast your skin off, the tiny bathroom turns into a sauna.

The TV was small, there is no phone in the room (not that people really need that anymore) and it was, in a word, pathetic.

Room Tip: bring your own shampoo, hair dryer etc. The only amenity is a bar of soap and some plastic cups.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Loreto, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

After a long 3 day drive, we checked in to Wine Country Inn, as all the other motels/hotels were full, due to the fair. As soon as we opened the door, we were met with a musty odor and dirty carpets. The wallpaper border along the ceiling was peeling off the wall...the toilet had a black moldy ring around the water line, and when you flushed it, it made this horrible sqeeking sound. The bathtub drain was coarded and was green...the only internet access using a cord, was under the a/c. Since we had no where else to go,and didn't want to lose the $90 we spent for the room we stayed the night. The bed was actually comfortable, BUT when we woke in the morning, my husband had bites along his side and we killed 3 bed bugs that were full of blood!!!WE packed and left by 6:05 am...Dont't stay here..It is definately not a 'wine country inn" by any standard...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

After my sister in law found this hotel, we checked what Trip Advisor had to stay, and everything was horrible except we did not have bed bugs. The caretaker was rude, and we only stayed there because all other hotels were sold out The hotel room was the dirtiest room, I've seen with blood stains, poop marks on the wall, gross towels, and holes in the blankets. The one good thing was we did not get bedbugs, yet...

• Stayed July 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We checked the bed when we came in, saw nothing, but after 2 hours we noticed bedbugs creeping around the bed and they were biting us. When confronting the owner he said other people had said the same thing, but he did not believe it. He subsequently accused us of bringing them. That means he knows it's a problem and he is not going to do anything about it. (we stayed in room 2)

• Stayed June 2012
Oakland, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

This place is a real dump. It's a tacky motel on the edge of Paso. It has no amenities, the rooms are dank and the area is not inviting. We booked this place because we couldin't find another reasonably priced room for a single Saturday night. Never again! The towels and the bathroom were dirty, the carpet seemed like it hadn't been vacuumed in awhile, lamps weren't working, due to some primitive rewiring that seemed almost dangerous, there were cracks and rust spots on the walls. I could go on. A knock at our door in the middle of the night by a drunk looking for his pals sealed it for me.

Stayed April 2012
Ft. Worth, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Don't stay here - drive 30 miles, if you have to. We stayed here for one night because it was the only room available during the Fair. Mistake! We checked for bed bugs and didn't see any. 3 days later, my girlfriend and I are both at the doctor getting cortizone shots because we are COVERED in bed bug bites. CA Health Dept - shut this place down!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Wine Country Inn? Share your experiences!