“perfect outing with friends” 3 of 5 stars

Budget Inn of Paso Robles
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   2745 Spring St, Paso Robles, CA   |
Ranked #26 of 31 Paso Robles B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“perfect outing with friends”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

we were driving back to home from LA and decided to stay over in Paso Robles for the night, Driving around for 20 to 30 minutes in town looking for rooms finally we found one that fits in our budget and checked the rooms out every one was surprised , was spacious, clean, had every thing you need, free WI-FI,took 2 rooms and enjoyed , Office personal looks very friendly give us good tips of resturants and place to visit around the town for next day, I recommend this place to others.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Victoria, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

On Memorial weekend we had a horrible and scary experience at this establishment. After being unable to secure a place to stay in San Luis Obispo I called the owner and was quoted a very high price 139.00 (price gouging) do to the long weekend, at which point I said I would take the room because I had my wife and two young children with me and we just needed a place to stay after driving for over 12 hours that day. We drove the half hour to Pasa Robles and when I entered the office at around 11:00 pm the owner and his wife were there, the owner was on the phone with another person inquiring about a room at which point he put the phone down and asked me who I was, I told him I had talked to him half an hour earlier (drive time from San Luis Obispo) and that I wanted to check in, at which point he asked me how much he quoted me, I told him 139.00, he then told me the room was no longer available and he gave it to the other person on the phone who was willing to pay more. Needless to say with a young family and driving for half an hour to get there I wasn't pleased as he was willing to sell the room from under us for a few more dollars. At which point we both started having heated words and I left the office going back to my vehicle in his parking lot and then he and 3 other men came screaming in english and hindi at me grabbed me and pushed me around. My arm was and still is marked up from one of them grabbing me and burying their fingernails into me. They went back into the hotel at that point, I drove away two blocks and called 911. We then drove for another 4 hours trying to find a hotel with no luck and ended up sleeping on a dirt road in our car. If anyone doubts this claim they can check with the police dept. to confirm my call.
Thank goodness for a site such as this so people can be made aware of events such as this and make a decision on where to stay fully informed.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Westminster, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I am a fisherman and visit Paso Robles often. I tend to stay at the cheaper hotels as I am usually with my fishing buddy. This place is as good as it gets for the money, and its far enough from the freeway you cant here traffic. I would recommend this place to other sportsman and workers in the area, but probably would not take my wife.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Three Rivers, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

We stayed here three different times last year, for different events that were nearby. The room was big and it was clean. The staff was very friendly and attentive, and remembered us the second two times. Nice!

It did seem as if they were home to a out of town construction crew of some sort; some of the men were visiting outdoors, but said hello as we passed. The only "issue" with them would be leaving for work at 6 AM-ish. It wasn't a problem for us, but may be for some, but only during the week.

All in all, nice, quiet and clean. Who needs more?

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
oakland, ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

No frills, best price for spacious, comfortable room. Walk to extraordinary restaurants downtown like Roberts or Artisan.

• Stayed November 2011
Phoenix,Az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

We stayed at this hotel because my husbands stepfather passed away and we needed a close place to stay to help his mom with packing and misc stuff. We were very pleased with the accomodations, The room was very large and clean. It had a refrigerator,microwave,coffee pot,and free internet access.The bed was also very comfortable.The owners of this place were so nice and helpful.They got us some boxes and even gave us a tape dispenser to tape up all the boxes.The price was fantastic and the grounds were impeccable. If you don't need anything fancy and are looking for a big clean room with everything you need then this is the place to stay. Why pay for things you may not even use or need and pay more. They even have a pool but in April it was still a little too chilly to swim.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
union city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

Just wanted to recommend this family owned motel called Budget Inn of Paso Robles. Took some business partners and clients to a wine tasting festival as part of an incentive to build future business relationships. It ended up that my clients and prospective businees partners were impressed with the wine tasting event but were more impressed by the motel itself. Rooms were extremely comfortable, spacious, clean and the service was something to admired. Not a spec of dust insight. Very nice rooms for family/business stays. Nice Bathrooms. I have been there on a regular basis this year and plan on going atleast another 8 times this year.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Budget Inn of Paso Robles? Share your experiences!