“Nothing like Food Poisoning” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #45 of 591 Restaurants in Pasadena
Grand Forks
“Nothing like Food Poisoning”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The night I visited 21 Choices, there was a line out the door so we stood there watching the production line for about 20 minutes before we got to the front. I never saw anyone wash their hands or put on gloves (like subway food handlers do). I wasn't concerned at the time.

Later that evening came the signs and symptoms of classic food poisoning (which I've studied for many years due to my career) - for those of you not familiar, the most common cause of "food borne illness" is contamination of the food from the food handler (not actually the food itself). (here's a good reference: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001652.htm)

Anyway, without the bathroom details, lets just say the evening didn't turn out well. I would suggest 21 Choices begin to follow subway's lead with gloves or have employees wash their hands between each creation. Until then, I won't go back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Sydney, Australia
“Amazing flavours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We went to 21 flavours after dinner on a Sunday evening, on our way back from Palm Springs to LA.

Very creamy and smooth and very, very yummy!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Gabriel, California
“Fantastic Service and Yogurt is good too!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Recently went in for some fro yo after dinner during a week night. Soon as we walked in we were greeted and offered samples. We were also asked if we wanted to sample any thing specific. There are 5-7 "regular" flavors or there are 21 combo's you can choose from or you can create your own. There is a really good variety of baked yummy add in's, fresh fruit, cereals, candy, etc.. I ordered a combo and was asked to sample it to make sure it had just the right combo of items. It was delicious. The ladies behind the counter were extremely helpful and nice. They wanted to make sure you fully enjoy your yogurt. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hurley, New York
“Frozen Yogurt with a Smile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Sort of a "hip" Carvel (if you remember that). With the plethora of sizes and toppings, there are far more than 21 Choices.

What impressed me the most, however, is that even though this is an extremely popular frozen yogurt place, and the crew had to work really fast to keep up with the patrons coming in, they were always courteous and friendly, and even had time to smile.

Oh yes, the product is excellent.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
California
“Fabulous choices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

This place allows you to pick the base frozen yogurt and then pick from an amazing list of fixings (like Cold Stone) - even potato chips, which my son tried. (I am not brave enough!) You can also get different frozen yogurts and I really liked the fruity one - strawberry, peach, and blueberry. Very good quality.

Visited May 2013