“ARE YOU KIDDING !!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 30 Hotels in Pasadena
Folsom, California
“ARE YOU KIDDING !!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

This hotel was an absolute joke!!! The room smelled terrible, there was no closet to hang my clothes, the toilet did work properly, parking was ridiculous and the continental breakfast was very small and late each day. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone....ever! I have learned my lesson on economy room rates, spend a little more and get better accommodations.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
rodewayinnandsuitesp, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn & Suites Pasadena, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your comments. If you had contacted us at the time of your stay, we could have perhaps moved you to another room that would have better met your needs. We take pride in offering clean, comfortable and value-priced accommodations. We also provide a breakfast each day at the stated times, and we’re sorry if there was any confusion. We hope you’ll try as again. Please call and speak with me directly if there are unresolved issues.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

DO NOT BOOK A RESERVATION HERE. They fraudlently charged my credit card and would not refund the $ at all. My reservation was "supposedly" scheduled for the beginning of January and my card was charged in full at the beginning of December?!?!?! Are you kidding me. Here's the shocking part I never even stayed here. Didnt even book the reservation. Upon finding out about the fraudulent charge I contacted my CC company and asked that they place a hold on my credit card do to the fraudulent charge from Rodeway Inn Pasadena. The next day the Rodeway Inn "posse" decided to call me and ask that I unfreeze my card so that they could charge me. SERIOUSLY?!?!?! No way. This place is awful and I hope they get their a clue about customer service or they will be out of business sooner than later. Good riddance Rodeway.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thanks for contact us. I’m sorry to hear there was some billing confusion and that you were unable to stay with us. I apologize that the company reservations specialist did not follow your instructions, but I trust the issue has been properly resolved by now. If there is a remaining issue or you have any billing comments or concerns remaining, please contact me directly and I’ll get things solved for you. I would appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

Thanks,
Lansing
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We recently stayed at this Rodeway Inn, and I would definitely use it only as a last resort in Pasadena. Because it only had one bed, we called several days ahead to reserve an additional roll-away bed. When we arrived, we were told that a roll-away was not available because it has to be reserved at the time of the original reservation. The room also lacked several conveniences that are typically provided by other hotels--like Kleenex, a bottle opener, and a comfortable chair. Our room had just one chair--a wooden straight-back chair at the desk. Finally, the desk clerk could use a course in public relations. It seemed that anytime we asked for anything, his response was always "Sorry!"

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
rodewayinnandsuitesp, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn & Suites Pasadena, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I apologize that you experienced some minor issues that caused your stay to be less than 100 percent satisfactory. We strive to be a great combination of cleanliness, amenities and value, and I’m sorry if we were not up to your expectations. I also apologize that our desk clerk was not able to be more informative. We’re always getting better, however, and would always welcome you back any time.

Palo Alto, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

First of all, the picture above is really misleading. The exterior of the hotel is kind of rundown, so it must be either taken years ago when the building was first painted or photoshoped. The hotel actually makes the neighborhood look sketchy. Inside, the lobby is very small, the hallway carpet was filthy and the room smells funky. The heater was deafening. I did not turn on the one in my room but had to hear it running in other rooms all night. Sometime in the mid of the night the bathroom upstairs must start leaking, so I was hearing the water dripping noise all the time in my sleep. In the morning I discovered the carpet in my bedroom near the bathroom was completely soaked. Imagine what it was like when I stepped on the soaked carpet with my bare feet on a cold winter morning. Looking up I saw the crevice on the ceiling, where the water kept dripping down. I told the staff about it when I was checking out. He did not apologize, nor did he thank me for notifying him. It was like "oh, so you are leaving? What do you want me to do for you then?" I wouldn't say the two guys there meant anything ill, but man they looked really miserable there. To be fair, the room was reasonably clean and the traffic noise was lower than I anticipated, so I give this place two stars for that, in addition to the relatively cheap price.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thanks for recognizing the convenience, cleanliness and quietness of our property, but I’m sorry to hear you experienced an unfortunate maintenance issue. If only we could fix problems before they happen, we could better satisfy all customers. Leaks do make a mess, and of course, we fixed it later that day before re-renting the room. In any case, I sincerely apologize that you experienced a customer service and maintenance lapse. I hope you’ll visit us again, and I hope you’ll contact me directly if you have other comments or concerns.

South Lake Tahoe, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Was cheap and available but completely lacking! For example: the parking sucked. The covered parking was very limited and the stalls so small that most cars were over the line taking two spots thereby making it impossible for every stall to be used; and we were warned that if you park on the street you could get towed. There was a holder for a hairdryer in the bathroom but no hairdryer--luckily my wife brought hers. The room was large but no mirror in it, so when getting ready/dressed you had to crowd around the mirror in the bathroom. The fridge was making this loud, vibrating racket that became part of the annoying decor of the place by the second day. I do have to say the bed was rather comfortable, but regardless, we will definitely plan ahead next time and book somewhere else even if it's more money, or even stay in our car which has more charm than this place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry you had problems with the parking. It’s a constant struggle for us to maintain adequate parking, but we always have enough, though not much to spare. I’m also sorry there were some issues with your room. We strive to make sure everything meets or exceeds expectations and understand the bed is the most important thing. That’s why the beds are so nice. If there were specific issues, we might have been able to move you to another room. If you still have any concerns, please feel free to contact me directly and I’ll address them.

Thanks,
New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Hotel was cheap but that is the best I can say. When checking in, the manager would not let me use my company credit card because it did not have my personal name on it. Showing proof that it is my company did no good. Asking him to run the charges to see if they went through did no good. After arguing for 5 minutes I gave up. Battery went dead on my car while I was parked in the garage. I had cables and asked the manager for a jump. He said he didn't have a car. Saw him driving away the next day. Bed was uncomfortable. Continental breakfast was a dried out croissant and packages of peanut butter crackers. Won't be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
rodewayinnandsuitesp, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn & Suites Pasadena, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn & Suites Pasadena for your recent stay in our area.

• Manager received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem you experienced with the Bed and instructed to see to its repair or replacement.

• The breakfast staff was approached about enlarging the choices which they offer.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Rodeway Inn & Suites Pasadena. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Auckland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed here for one night in June. Room was tidy and spacious. Big TV, fridge that was almost cold and a temp adjuster button missing. As expected for a hotel of this level there were a few stains on the carpet and one on one of chairs. No noise at night and parking underneath the hotel. Don't go out to get ice at night - you'll need to go downstairs, out the front door and outside to the garage, and you'll need a quarter to operate the machine. Annoying when the customer service inept person at the desk omitted to mention where to get ice or need to get money. Given that the hotel had free wifi that might have been nice to have mentioned on check in as well. Hopefully you'll get a parking spot that you can park in without a 15 point turn. For the price of the hotel and if you only intend to sleep in the room this hotel is fine. It's just a pity that on the 3 occasions I was at the front desk on no occasion did the person make any attempt to talk to me other than the necessary few sentences needed to process my room. This is the first time that I've checked out and not had the person ask anything about how my stay, how I was doing or bid me a nice day. It's for the complete lack of care by the front desk staff that I won't be back.

Room Tip: Ask to check your room first.