You get what you pay for. I had to make a last minute trip to SoCal and needed a place for a very short amount of time. I was driving in from SF, checking in at around 2AM and would check out by 9:30AM. I pretty much just needed a place to sleep. I'm not one of those people that's just fine with a bed though. Yes, that's all I really needed, but I'm also a bit of a clean freak. It's a no frills kind of place, which is what I anticipated. I didn't expect a grandiose lobby with fresh flowers and a perky receptionist to greet me upon my arrival. I paid $80 for my stay so I knew I'd be getting the basics. The reception area is as big as some walk-in closets and the front counter has a bullet proof glass separating you from the attendant. I'm still ok at this point, mind you. I set my expectations very low since the reviews I read on different sites were so varied. I rang the bell and a man who is half awake (forgiveable since I arrived at 2AM) appeared behind the glass. Check in was quick and we were off to our room. This is where I cringe a little bit. The hallways are drab and need to be vaccuumed. When I walk into my room I'm hit with a strong scent of cleaning products. While the dead bolt on the door works, the latch is completely broken. I don't know why it's even there when it can't serve its purpose. The dangling latch made me feel a bit uneasy but what can I do? The comforters look very dated and have likely not been cleaned in a long time. The sheets were so rough that it made it so hard to move around in bed. The towels are just the same and had a very strong scent of bleach. On the bright side, I guess that means they clean them well? Check out was a breeze. As instructed, we just left our key in the room and left. I doubt I'll ever be back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rodeway Inn & Suites® is just 10 miles from Chinatown and Hollywood, and minutes from downtown Los Angeles. Popular area attractions like the Pasadena Convention Center, the Pasadena Civic auditorium and the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory are close by. A number of outdoor recreation areas, entertainment venues and specialty stores are close by. Visitors will enjoy shopping at the nearby Paseo Colorado mall. There are a wide variety of restaurants and cocktail lounges located in the surrounding area. Business travelers at this Pasadena, CA hotel will appreciate access to a copy and fax service. In addition to standard amenities, all of our guest rooms are equipped with microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers, curved shower rods, hair dryers and cable television. Select rooms also have spacious work desks, flat-screen televisions, hot tubs and sofa sleepers. Handicap accessible and non-smoking rooms can be requested. Guests of the Rodeway Inn & Suites hotel will experience world-class hospitality when staying in the Pasadena area. Our professional staff is ready to assist in making your stay in California a pleasant one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Rodeway Inn & Suites Pasadena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodeway Inn & Suites Pasadena Hotel Pasadena
- Rodeway Inn And Suites Pasadena
- Rodeway Inn Pasadena
- Rodeway Inn Hotel Pasadena