We got a good AAA rate online and the decent reviews encouraged me to try this. I liked initially that the motel had free parking (normally $13-30 in LA) and was a reasonable rate not using priceline or Hotwire.
We booked two nights but only stayed for one. It was not bad, but a bit depressing. Among the adequate things are: the shower works great, sinks are fine, and room an ok size. Parking is safe. Wifi works great. The so-so things are: lack of counter space to put any of your travel items, dinginess, depressing lighting (fluorescent), really hard beds (other reviews were not wrong about this), and prison pillows (next time i will bring my own), tough sheets (i know i only paid budget rates), really noisy fridge (which we disconnected), and slight disinfection smell (so we opened the window). Also, the location is on the border of Pasadena--it wasn't within walking distance--definitely a car motel.
my friend really didn't want to stay here a second night, so we booked another place for $10 more which we were much happier about. all the rodeways in the LA seem to get about 3/5 circles--so I guess this is what a 3 circle property is like. i think i learned to go to a 4 circle place minimum.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rodeway Inn & Suites® is just 10 miles from Chinatown and Hollywood, and minutes from downtown Los Angeles. Popular area attractions like the Pasadena Convention Center, the Pasadena Civic auditorium and the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory are close by. A number of outdoor recreation areas, entertainment venues and specialty stores are close by. Visitors will enjoy shopping at the nearby Paseo Colorado mall. There are a wide variety of restaurants and cocktail lounges located in the surrounding area. Business travelers at this Pasadena, CA hotel will appreciate access to a copy and fax service. In addition to standard amenities, all of our guest rooms are equipped with microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers, curved shower rods, hair dryers and cable television. Select rooms also have spacious work desks, flat-screen televisions, hot tubs and sofa sleepers. Handicap accessible and non-smoking rooms can be requested. Guests of the Rodeway Inn & Suites hotel will experience world-class hospitality when staying in the Pasadena area. Our professional staff is ready to assist in making your stay in California a pleasant one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Rodeway Inn & Suites Pasadena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodeway Inn & Suites Pasadena Hotel Pasadena
- Rodeway Inn And Suites Pasadena
- Rodeway Inn Pasadena
- Rodeway Inn Hotel Pasadena