“Paseo Colorado Teppanyaki” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Hong Kong, China
“Paseo Colorado Teppanyaki”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have been going to both of the locations for several years, one in Arcadia, and the other within Paseo Colorado Shopping Center in Pasadena... I now strongly prefer the location in Pasadena, but, I will admit, the combination of sushi bar/large waiting area/bar/restaurant/teppan tables can be confusing! I always prefer the teppan tables (seat 8), which will typically be more than just your guests eating with you......The entrees are plentiful, and the combinations can be shared among your guests/family, if you have lighter eaters....unless you are really hungry, I wouldn't waste your money on the sushi as appetizers...(there are many other sushi places in Pasadena), but, of course, I have done this :)

If you want great value, do their lunch specials in the afternoon....

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Midway, Kentucky
“knick, knack, patty, whack”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This has always been a family favorite. The kids enjoy watching as the chef flips shrimp, plays with fire and tosses eggs into his hat - its a great show. Although you may want to remind your kids NOT TO TRY THIS AT HOME. ;) The service is good, the food is good and the food prep brings a smile to the kids faces. A little more expensive but I just figure in the talented chef showing off as part of the bill. A good place to visit, you'll leave full and if you're a dad you can "... roll all the way home."

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Altadena, California
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I don't know why I wasn't expecting much, maybe because it is a small chain and because there is a sushi bar, a regular restaurant, and a teppanyaki restaurant. It was my birthday and I wanted sushi, but we had tickets for a movie so decided to try this restaurant at Paseo Colorado. We ate at the regular restaurant, which is basic table service with a full menu of sushi, sashimi, main courses, noodles, etc. Everything we had was fresh & delicious. The assorted sashimi for $19 was 3 pieces each of salmon, yellowtail, white fish, tuna, seared ahi. The pieces were large & thick, and the perfect temperature. The Firecracker cut roll was delicious, and the "Pocky Ball" was beautiful & unusual. Definitely will return!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Big Bear Lake, California
“Always excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

We have been going for years, still love it. If you are anti social, possibly avoid as you are seated with others, which is standard for this type of restaurant. I was there a few months ago with a large group, no complaints and going back tomorrow with a date! Sometimes people don't understand the service aspect as the servers tend to do everything at the table all at once, so if you know you don't expect specific service. It's all orders at once... One big happy family

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Taipei, Taiwan
“Bad Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Visit the restaurant with my daughter on a Friday evening, we did not have reservation but they did seat us right a way. I don't know is it because they were understaffed, my daughter have to ask for water three times before she finally got it. Our meal comes with ice cream as it stated on the menu, however the server did not bother to offer it to us, I have to ask for it, and it took them a long time to bring it to us. But they did manage to give me the bill and take my credit card at matter of second! The food was good, and the chef making the food was fun. But the service is very bad!

• Visited May 2012