“Review for Super 8 Motel at 2863 Colorado, Pasadena” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Pasadena/LA Area

You added Super 8 Pasadena/LA Area to your Saves list
Super 8 Pasadena/LA Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2863 East Colorado Boulevard, San Gabriel East Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91107   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #16 of 30 Hotels in Pasadena
Los Angeles, California
“Review for Super 8 Motel at 2863 Colorado, Pasadena”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I just had an experience at Super 8 Motel and was shocked by Sam--the co-manager of the motel. I stayed at the hotel for 2 weeks. I liked the hotel, because it's quiet and pretty safe. However, I was shocked by Sam's attitude towards me. It was very unprofessional. I'd asked to have the maids come to my room to clean and change the sheets, and I'd waited for 3 hours already. Well, after 3 calls , I happened to speak to Sam . He got belligerent with me . I went down to the office, and spotted another staff , Michael, well since he'd helped me several times. I politely asked him if he could send the maid up to clan my room. Sam interjected and started screaming at me. His words were, " Because you hung up on me, your room won't be cleaned!". I was aghast by this. What. I'd paid for a whole day. Not due to leave until the next day. Sam further added that, " He will have me thrown out and not give me my money back. " ; He called the police, told them he'd give me my full refund. When I finally left within the hour, I only got half of my money back. Shocker and oh, the cop stood outside my door as I was packing my things....This is all because???? I asked to have my room cleaned !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Super8Pasadena, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Pasadena/LA Area, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank You for the feedback, we sincerely apologize for the trouble you may had with our staff while you were here. Our staff trains in exceptional customer service and the situation has been handled internally. We appreciate your stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Eden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed 7 and 8 Sept. Room was average for a budget motel. It was quite noisy from people going up and down the stairs and walkway out front to the room, as well as people above us. Room was clean and comfrotable though dated. Would probably stay again.

Room Tip: Close to several restaurants in the area. Nice pool. Would probably try to get a top floor room if p...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback Mr. Dennis. We apologize for the surrounding traffic coming in and out of the area of where your room was. Next time you choose to come to visit, we will make sure to keep your room in a quiet location of the motel so that you can get a sound night sleep. We hope to see you again when you are back in our area.
Long Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

cigarrette burns in the bedding and carpet. super this walls and the TV in the next room was on til 2am. HARD beds, FILTHY foam pillows which looked years old (I wish I hadn't looked) and not cheap for all that either

• Stayed July 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed there last week, and someone above me decided to play their music at full blast at 11 pm. It took 4 calls to the front desk and threats of police action to finally get them evicted. Terrible reaction by the front desk staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I've stayed here twice. 2 x 7 days. Look...It ain't a 5 Star resort. But to stay in Pasadena (which is pretty central) for $75, no complaints here. The staff is their strength. They were all kind and accommodating. My smoking room didn't even smell like smoke. The A/C worked well and was fairly quiet on low setting. The queen bed was very comfy and I found the sheets to be clean. My guess for some of the bad reviews is that they only regularly maintain a certain number of rooms. So when they get hammered with a local event like at the Rose Bowl, the seldom used rooms don't get taken care of well enough. Just speculating. And the tv's could use upgrading too. But it's definitely the best Super 8 I've stayed in. Won't touch them on the east coast and I travel the I-75/I-95 north/south corridors often. Learned my lesson and it's nothing but Hampton's now. But this Super 8 remains my main choice Pasadena while on a budget.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are quieter and ask for one of the regularly serviced rooms...just in case.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

looking for something cheap and thats definitely what we got. bugs flying around..tub disgusting....just nasty. was not worth $75 bucks. matthew was a sweetheart though.

• Stayed July 2012
Super8Pasadena, Webmaster at Super 8 Pasadena/LA Area, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Super 8 Pasadena/LA Area for your recent stay in our area.

• Housekeeping was instructed to see to the rooms being properly outfitted before being released for occupancy.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Pasadena/LA Area. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
SAN DIEGO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

When I checked in, the clerk would not give me the AAA discount because I made my reservation on the Super 8 website. He then charged my credit card for the full amount for three nights. We stayed on the 3rd floor in a non-smoking room, but smoke from the smoking rooms below us poured into our room. The hotel was otherwise clean, and the daily maid service was very nice. Next time, however, we will stay in a different hotel.

Room Tip: If there are non-smoking rooms on the first floor, stay there. The continental breakfast is very min...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

• Front desk staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which he is to treat you, our valued guests.

• Maid staff received our commendation for the pleasant, helpful way in which they treated you, our valued guest.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Super 8 Pasadena/LA Area? Share your experiences!