“Average motel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Pasadena/LA Area

You added Super 8 Pasadena/LA Area to your Saves list
Super 8 Pasadena/LA Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2863 East Colorado Boulevard, San Gabriel East Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91107   |
Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Pasadena
Eden
“Average motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed 7 and 8 Sept. Room was average for a budget motel. It was quite noisy from people going up and down the stairs and walkway out front to the room, as well as people above us. Room was clean and comfrotable though dated. Would probably stay again.

Room Tip: Close to several restaurants in the area. Nice pool. Would probably try to get a top floor room if p...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Super8Pasadena, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Pasadena/LA Area, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your feedback Mr. Dennis. We apologize for the surrounding traffic coming in and out of the area of where your room was. Next time you choose to come to visit, we will make sure to keep your room in a quiet location of the motel so that you can get a sound night sleep. We hope to see you again when you are back in our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Long Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

cigarrette burns in the bedding and carpet. super this walls and the TV in the next room was on til 2am. HARD beds, FILTHY foam pillows which looked years old (I wish I hadn't looked) and not cheap for all that either

• Stayed July 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed there last week, and someone above me decided to play their music at full blast at 11 pm. It took 4 calls to the front desk and threats of police action to finally get them evicted. Terrible reaction by the front desk staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I've stayed here twice. 2 x 7 days. Look...It ain't a 5 Star resort. But to stay in Pasadena (which is pretty central) for $75, no complaints here. The staff is their strength. They were all kind and accommodating. My smoking room didn't even smell like smoke. The A/C worked well and was fairly quiet on low setting. The queen bed was very comfy and I found the sheets to be clean. My guess for some of the bad reviews is that they only regularly maintain a certain number of rooms. So when they get hammered with a local event like at the Rose Bowl, the seldom used rooms don't get taken care of well enough. Just speculating. And the tv's could use upgrading too. But it's definitely the best Super 8 I've stayed in. Won't touch them on the east coast and I travel the I-75/I-95 north/south corridors often. Learned my lesson and it's nothing but Hampton's now. But this Super 8 remains my main choice Pasadena while on a budget.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are quieter and ask for one of the regularly serviced rooms...just in case.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

looking for something cheap and thats definitely what we got. bugs flying around..tub disgusting....just nasty. was not worth $75 bucks. matthew was a sweetheart though.

• Stayed July 2012
Super8Pasadena, Webmaster at Super 8 Pasadena/LA Area, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Super 8 Pasadena/LA Area for your recent stay in our area.

• Housekeeping was instructed to see to the rooms being properly outfitted before being released for occupancy.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Pasadena/LA Area. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
SAN DIEGO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

When I checked in, the clerk would not give me the AAA discount because I made my reservation on the Super 8 website. He then charged my credit card for the full amount for three nights. We stayed on the 3rd floor in a non-smoking room, but smoke from the smoking rooms below us poured into our room. The hotel was otherwise clean, and the daily maid service was very nice. Next time, however, we will stay in a different hotel.

Room Tip: If there are non-smoking rooms on the first floor, stay there. The continental breakfast is very min...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

• Front desk staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which he is to treat you, our valued guests.

• Maid staff received our commendation for the pleasant, helpful way in which they treated you, our valued guest.

Hotel Manager.
Paulden, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Something is quite odd here. I have generally found "tripadvisor" reviews to be accurate. Several of the reviews on this SUPER 8 /Pasadena make me suspicious that the people writing them were at a different SUPER 8 /Pasadena, or they have some ulterior motive for bad-mouthing this charming and well-run facility.

No - this is not a FIVE DIAMOND facility. You get what you pay for. What I paid for, and got, was a well-managed and well-maintained facility. I happened to have watched the cleaning crews go thru the rooms with nearly military precision. The room cleaning staff were clearly quite diligent. No, I do not like the smallish towels typical of every lower priced motel, this one included, that I have stayed in. However, the various plumbing fixtures were all clearly of recent manufacture, and functioned as they should. Swimming pool obviously well-maintained.

Same goes for the various electrical-related facilities - nice HD tv, free Internet, refrig. and microwave in the rooms. Each unit has its own heat and AC which worked properly.

I had occasion to interact with the desk staff during different shifts. They were courteous and helpful (cut myself badly shaving - needed a cauterizng stick RIGHT NOW ! ). Assured me I would not be charged if I bled all over the bedding. (didn't, thankfully !

Bottom line - this place is a good buy for the money. If I am in this area again, I would have no problem in following my own recommendation and come here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Super 8 Pasadena/LA Area? Share your experiences!