As you are driving to the Langham Huntington Hotel you think you might be lost because you are not thinking this hotel could be nestled amongst all the beautiful estate homes.
We were warmly greeted at the front of the hotel and directed to the Lobby by a very well mannered young man. Upon enter of the beautiful lobby of this hotel you are greeted by a magnificent display of flowers in amongst the flowers are lit candles that takes your breath away. A large circular table with different vases in heights but all the flowers were white and different varieties. Further down another hall way was another display of flowers and once again different sizes of vases and all different flowers but in red, magnificent.
This is a stately hotel with beautiful fine wood and carpets with rich furnishings. You feel like you
are in a home rather then a hotel. In the centre is a beautiful courtyard with flowers and ponds and a fabulous place for a cocktail party. Our room was pleasantly furnished with heavy drapes but fresh crisp linens on the bed and great firm pillows. There were french doors that opened onto a lovely patio that overlooked a lovely garden. This room reminded us of beautiful estate
homes in Europe.
Dinner was in the hotel and I would suggest this highly as there really are not many places close
by and it is rather dark at night in this area. The Tap Room looked lovely and intimate for light foods and drinks. We however decided to have dinner at the Terrace. We meandered through
the hotel and found the signs very helpful as you were not sure where you were going.
The dinner and service was fabulous. We both had the onion soup it was delicious and hearty and probably would have been fine with just a salad. I ordered the salmon and it arrived warm perfectly prepared with a mixture of asparagus, spinach, little potato's on a bed of spinach and
creme fresche. My husband had the sea bass and it also was very good.
All in all this was a terrific location and decision to stay at the Langham Huntington. The only comment we were surprised with was the breakfast was not included because we had a AAA
rate. Yes, we will be back in the future and hope to spend a little more time here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Capturing the grace and elegance of a bygone era, The Langham Huntington is located at the base of the picturesque San Gabriel Mountains, just nine miles north of downtown Los Angeles in beautiful Pasadena. Located on 23 acres with grand historic ballrooms and gardens, the landmark hotel features award-winning dining, an award-winning spa and a number of recreational choices such as tennis and a nearby Nicklaus Design golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Splendia, Hotels.com, Venere, Tingo, Otel, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your The Langham Huntington, Pasadena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles Hotel Pasadena
- Langham Huntington Hotel
- The Langham Huntington Hotel