“Historic Beauty” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 28 hotels in Pasadena
Alberta
“Historic Beauty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

As you are driving to the Langham Huntington Hotel you think you might be lost because you are not thinking this hotel could be nestled amongst all the beautiful estate homes.
We were warmly greeted at the front of the hotel and directed to the Lobby by a very well mannered young man. Upon enter of the beautiful lobby of this hotel you are greeted by a magnificent display of flowers in amongst the flowers are lit candles that takes your breath away. A large circular table with different vases in heights but all the flowers were white and different varieties. Further down another hall way was another display of flowers and once again different sizes of vases and all different flowers but in red, magnificent.

This is a stately hotel with beautiful fine wood and carpets with rich furnishings. You feel like you
are in a home rather then a hotel. In the centre is a beautiful courtyard with flowers and ponds and a fabulous place for a cocktail party. Our room was pleasantly furnished with heavy drapes but fresh crisp linens on the bed and great firm pillows. There were french doors that opened onto a lovely patio that overlooked a lovely garden. This room reminded us of beautiful estate
homes in Europe.

Dinner was in the hotel and I would suggest this highly as there really are not many places close
by and it is rather dark at night in this area. The Tap Room looked lovely and intimate for light foods and drinks. We however decided to have dinner at the Terrace. We meandered through
the hotel and found the signs very helpful as you were not sure where you were going.

The dinner and service was fabulous. We both had the onion soup it was delicious and hearty and probably would have been fine with just a salad. I ordered the salmon and it arrived warm perfectly prepared with a mixture of asparagus, spinach, little potato's on a bed of spinach and
creme fresche. My husband had the sea bass and it also was very good.

All in all this was a terrific location and decision to stay at the Langham Huntington. The only comment we were surprised with was the breakfast was not included because we had a AAA
rate. Yes, we will be back in the future and hope to spend a little more time here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

999 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Piedmont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

What an awesome two nights, three days we had at this wonderful resort in December 2012.

Everyone at this property displays a genuine warmth with guests and delivers a high level of guest service at all times.

Stephanie, who manages the Tap Room, was delightful to work prior to our arrival and once there too; she assisted my wife and me with planning a small reception on the veranda of the Tap Room after we had renewed our vows with a small group of family and friends. The reception that Stephanie helpped plan and execute was outstanding in every way; the cocktails, wine, food, cake and service was magnificent.

This was our first time back to this property since being rebranded a Langham, the property is still beautiful and some of the changes that have been made to the physical property have been done with much thought and detail.

This property is a gem in the middle of this grand residential area of Pasadena bordering on the City of San Marino.

We can't wait to return as guests again.

While the Spa was very nice I do hope that all aspects of the Spa and fitness center are given a refresh or remodel in the very near future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Madison, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Spent 5 days here for business. I wish the stay was for pleasure. The hotel and staff were exceptional. The grounds and architecture were beautiful. We had almost all our meals here and that was great, too. I highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed at this amazing place for a very affordable 2-night get-away on a cultural weekend to visit the nearby Huntington Library and Gardens (I could live there!) and the Norton Simon Museum. Not only is the location fab, the hotel itself is a tucked away, but huge, hide-away worth a stay all on its own. The grounds are lovely, the hand-painted covered bridge is an art treasure, and a Japanese pond sits amidst a charming secret garden. And, this hotel is close to lots and lots to do. Strolling the neighborhood is truly seeing how the 1% live! But, best of all, is the hotel itself, looming and historic looking, but modern inside down to every detail. Our standard king room was very large and comfy with a large, private patio overlooking a soothing, babbling pond. Room decor was elegant without being pretentious. Since it was my husband's birthday, there was a plate of huge chocolate-covered strawberries waiting in our room when we checked in. A very nice surprise and greatly appreciated special touch. We can't wait to return, so I'm always looking for those special discount deals.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Yorba Linda, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed this past weekend for the first time. We had a nice top-floor view of Elephant Hill and could actually barely see the LA skyline, just the top of the highest building in the skyline, but still, it was special. I opted for the romance package which included free valet parking, rose pedal turndown service and a $60 credit for breakfast in bed. I have to pay mention to four individuals who stood out during our stay. The first was Mario in valet. He had a positive, bright demeaner and was prompt about welcoming us and asking if I would be needing my car later on in the evening, which we did. I also have to pay mention to Xandro and Vivian in the Spa. Xandro gave my wife 'THE BEST' massage she has ever had. My wife has had a lot of massages in her day, and to hear Xandro was 'THE BEST' was icing on the cake to a great weekend. Vivian was also great in the Spa. She dialed in a great message for myself. James in The Terrace restaurant, who I believe was the manager was also very kind, hospitable and exceeded all our expectations. He even went out of his was to open the patio door for me, even when it was inconvenient and out of his way for him to do. Very professional. Thank you sir. I would come back. Thank you Huntington Langham.

Room Tip: Next time I will request the east wing/section of the hotel since I would have prefered to watch the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kilauea, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

When I stayed at the Langham in Pasadena with my husband this time, we did not want to leave. This Grand Dame of hotels is located in an upscale and quiet neighborhood in its own gardens with varied terrain and oriental gardens. The views from our room were gorgeous from every window, the bed pure perfection, the room so beautifully laid out we sketched and measured it for future house plans. No noisy compressors or annoying little lights on all over the room when you are trying to sleep. The room service food was cooked to perfection - room service over the phone made suggestions, what about asparagus, which was fresh, al dente, in season, internet in the room at no extra charge worked well, turn down service with a cloth laid out on the floor next to the bed with a pair of slippers beside it, quiet, a sanctuary. Our room was in the main building on a high floor facing the city and the gardens. I have also stayed in the cottages by the tennis court, completely different, beautifully furnished. To get to the cottages, you cross a famous footbridge with Stephen Royce paintings across the arches depicting old California. Walking through the ground floor, you promenade along floor to ceiling window corridors of beautifully lit and tended gardens, with chandeliers, art, ornate carpet, The food in the terrace dining room is quite good, and it is lovely to sit outside in the special setting of this Langham. The spa has free classes daily, good yoga offerings, plenty of exercise equipment, nice sitting area with a big bowl of fresh fruit, great bathrooms/changing areas, wonderful store. It's really a plus if you like to keep up your regime on the road. Also, tennis courts are free to use and there always seems to be one or more free. The hotel is a whole world, and, even though my business in LA takes me to Santa Monica, I brave the freeways in order to stay at this remarkable resort. The prices are unbelievably low for the LA area; they always seem to have special rates available, so do ask them for any specials when booking. Without exception, the people who take care of you are kind, caring, knowledgeable, efficient and friendly. I am the Princess and the Pea in a hotel, and I have yet to find one little tiny irritating pea in staying at the Langham Huntington in Pasadena.

Room Tip: Ask at check in if they have a special recommendation, ask about a free upgrade if it's availabl...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I do not have one bad thing to say about this hotel. It was everything I expected and more. Every hallway has a different treasure to look at. Weather it be a hutch of old china or old world paintings. My room was immaculate and comfortable. I ordered room service and it was prompt and delicious. A little on the pricey side but you come to expect at that. I had breakfast there one day and enjoyed the best scones I have ever had and they were better priced. The grounds are stunning. I spent a lot of time just walking around taking pictures and enjoying the outside. They also have a shuttle that runs every hour that takes you down to Old Pasadena. This was such a convience. I was staying here during the Rose Bowl so there was alot going on, but the staff was always on top of everything. I am sad I only had 3 days at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Langham Huntington, Pasadena? Share your experiences!