“Great Service and Great Spa” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast Inclusive Offer
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Pasadena
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Yorba Linda, California
“Great Service and Great Spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed this past weekend for the first time. We had a nice top-floor view of Elephant Hill and could actually barely see the LA skyline, just the top of the highest building in the skyline, but still, it was special. I opted for the romance package which included free valet parking, rose pedal turndown service and a $60 credit for breakfast in bed. I have to pay mention to four individuals who stood out during our stay. The first was Mario in valet. He had a positive, bright demeaner and was prompt about welcoming us and asking if I would be needing my car later on in the evening, which we did. I also have to pay mention to Xandro and Vivian in the Spa. Xandro gave my wife 'THE BEST' massage she has ever had. My wife has had a lot of massages in her day, and to hear Xandro was 'THE BEST' was icing on the cake to a great weekend. Vivian was also great in the Spa. She dialed in a great message for myself. James in The Terrace restaurant, who I believe was the manager was also very kind, hospitable and exceeded all our expectations. He even went out of his was to open the patio door for me, even when it was inconvenient and out of his way for him to do. Very professional. Thank you sir. I would come back. Thank you Huntington Langham.

Room Tip: Next time I will request the east wing/section of the hotel since I would have prefered to watch the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Kilauea, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

When I stayed at the Langham in Pasadena with my husband this time, we did not want to leave. This Grand Dame of hotels is located in an upscale and quiet neighborhood in its own gardens with varied terrain and oriental gardens. The views from our room were gorgeous from every window, the bed pure perfection, the room so beautifully laid out we sketched and measured it for future house plans. No noisy compressors or annoying little lights on all over the room when you are trying to sleep. The room service food was cooked to perfection - room service over the phone made suggestions, what about asparagus, which was fresh, al dente, in season, internet in the room at no extra charge worked well, turn down service with a cloth laid out on the floor next to the bed with a pair of slippers beside it, quiet, a sanctuary. Our room was in the main building on a high floor facing the city and the gardens. I have also stayed in the cottages by the tennis court, completely different, beautifully furnished. To get to the cottages, you cross a famous footbridge with Stephen Royce paintings across the arches depicting old California. Walking through the ground floor, you promenade along floor to ceiling window corridors of beautifully lit and tended gardens, with chandeliers, art, ornate carpet, The food in the terrace dining room is quite good, and it is lovely to sit outside in the special setting of this Langham. The spa has free classes daily, good yoga offerings, plenty of exercise equipment, nice sitting area with a big bowl of fresh fruit, great bathrooms/changing areas, wonderful store. It's really a plus if you like to keep up your regime on the road. Also, tennis courts are free to use and there always seems to be one or more free. The hotel is a whole world, and, even though my business in LA takes me to Santa Monica, I brave the freeways in order to stay at this remarkable resort. The prices are unbelievably low for the LA area; they always seem to have special rates available, so do ask them for any specials when booking. Without exception, the people who take care of you are kind, caring, knowledgeable, efficient and friendly. I am the Princess and the Pea in a hotel, and I have yet to find one little tiny irritating pea in staying at the Langham Huntington in Pasadena.

Room Tip: Ask at check in if they have a special recommendation, ask about a free upgrade if it's availabl...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I do not have one bad thing to say about this hotel. It was everything I expected and more. Every hallway has a different treasure to look at. Weather it be a hutch of old china or old world paintings. My room was immaculate and comfortable. I ordered room service and it was prompt and delicious. A little on the pricey side but you come to expect at that. I had breakfast there one day and enjoyed the best scones I have ever had and they were better priced. The grounds are stunning. I spent a lot of time just walking around taking pictures and enjoying the outside. They also have a shuttle that runs every hour that takes you down to Old Pasadena. This was such a convience. I was staying here during the Rose Bowl so there was alot going on, but the staff was always on top of everything. I am sad I only had 3 days at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The Langham Huntington, née Ritz Huntington, looks like a castle and staff strives to treat clients like royalty. We celebrated our 40th anniversary there. We've been staying at that property for more than two decades. On this visit we stayed in a cottage on site. Management treated us to chocolate covered strawberries and a chocolate greeting card along with champagne. Restaurants are excellent but a little pricey. Service is top shelf.

Room Tip: All rooms in the main building are nice but the cottages near the tennis courts are superb, quiet, a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a truly beautiful hotel built in a grand style. The grounds and gardens are manicured, the pool looks like something from Gatsby. I only wish I had been on pleasure instead of business and had more time to enjoy it. Since I was on business I received an excellent rate (surprising), so I really can't judge it on a value rating.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Visited premises during a trip to Rosebowl Parade, Jan. 1, 2013. Accommodations were very up-scale, and amenities abundant. Atmosphere was cordial, and warm with hospitality as the primary focus of every staff member. Restaurants offered a variety of dishes for every level of cuisine, and adapted the menu gladly to facilitate diet restrictions.
Rooms were appointed with a traditional flair, and service was never dissappointing. Situated somewhat away from town center, the grounds offered a lovely respite from the bustling crowds. Pool was spotless, with attendants from restaurant to provide light refreshment. A relaxing venue with ability to provide support for multiple groups. 4-5 stars!!

Room Tip: Rooms are situated in smaller buildings grouped around center of hotel. We were in the Lanai buildin...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed here last weekend. My room was OK but old. We stayed at suite and it's not cheap. When we came back from our meeting around 2pm it's not cleaned yet. We called manadger and nothing happened for next 45 minutes...we called back and told manadger if houskeeping will not show up in next 15 minutes we will not pay for one night....Houskeeper showed in 5 minutes...
Nice restaurant The Royce. Food fantastic. Service is not up to their prices. We poored our wine and asked few times for water.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
LanghamPasadena, Manager at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Alisa F,

We apologize that our housekeeping service was delayed on one day during your most recent stay at the hotel. Our housekeepers typically visit each room twice per day; once in the morning to give the room a thorough cleaning and again in the afternoon for turndown service. Our apologies that this did not happen on schedule. Our front office manager was happy to extend you complimentary breakfast for two people to apologize for the delay. We’re thrilled that you enjoyed your food at The Royce and would like to inform you that as of next month, the restaurant will be changing concepts and delivering new levels of service. The new restaurant will feature the finest quality of steak and seafood sourced locally and globally. It will appeal to a wider audience and will be the perfect setting not only for special occasion dining but also for guests looking for a more casual and approachable dining experience. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future so you can experience our new restaurant.

The Langham Huntington, Pasadena

Been to The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles? Share your experiences!