We stayed at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena during Christmas holiday. The hotel is BEAUTIFULLY decorated.
We checked in at around 7pm, and were assign a room on the 2nd floor. Upon entering the room, we found out that the room has probably been viewed by other people, and the bed was not properly made up. The front desk promptly move us to another room.
Our room facing the swimming pool, so it is quit noisy up to 10pm. It is not a problem for us.
The bathroom is very small and in need of updating, considering this is a 5 stars property. So does their very old elevator.
Our room has a nespresso machines with coffee and tea provided.
Bathroom is also well stock with all kinds of toiletteries.
The internet connection in our room is very poor, but you can go to the lobby area for good connection.
We had a chance to have breakfast at The Terrace. There is a choice of buffet and ala carte. The service is very good. We tried to booked Christmas Eve dinner at the Royce, but the restaurant is fully booked.
Their valet parking service is also very good, you don't have to wait too long, even on the busy day. They even wash our car on the first night. A nice surprise.
Coming to this hotel, I realized that this property is quit old, so I don't have high expectation. However I was very very impress with the location and the hotel ground. It is a place where you can really relax and the area is very safe for a stroll. The hotel is actually in the upscale suburb of San Marino, so when you drive or stroll around the hotel, you will be able to see the houses decorated with christmas lights. very pretty sights.
During check out, we just found out that, our room package was included breakfast credits of $40 everyday, which was not properly informed during our check in. So the hotel waived our valet fee in exchange for the unused breakfast credits. I think it is a very nice gesture.
I recommend this hotel for those who are looking for a relaxing holiday. I myself cannot wait to go back to the Langham Huntington.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Capturing the grace and elegance of a bygone era, The Langham Huntington is located at the base of the picturesque San Gabriel Mountains, just nine miles north of downtown Los Angeles in beautiful Pasadena. Located on 23 acres with grand historic ballrooms and gardens, the landmark hotel features award-winning dining, an award-winning spa and a number of recreational choices such as tennis and a nearby Nicklaus Design golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Priceline, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Langham Huntington, Pasadena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles Hotel Pasadena
- Langham Huntington Hotel
- The Langham Huntington Hotel