All the old-style luxury and grace of a hotel established for wealthy people in 1800s -- which is indeed the history of this hotel. One encounters old-fashioned courtesy and good manners here. All the staff, including those from whom I sought directions (it is a large property with a large main building, subsidiary buldings and gardens to navigate), were very welcoming, friendly and helpful, and the staff conveyed by their words and manner that they feel a sense of ownership, that they dont feel they are simply employees performing a function - no small feat for management to have achieved in such a big luxury hotel. So being here felt more like staying in a welcoming, wealthy home away from home, -- as compared to the run of the mill high-end hotel. The prices are on the high side for the value, but this is upscale Pasadena. The spa has very high recommendations but also high prices, so I opted instead for the well-equipped gym and sauna. Food options were limited to fairly traditional fare, and meal prices were not outrageous. The breakfast buffet offered no German multigrain bread or muesli, - but rather provided a wide range of typical American breakfast options for $30. The room service food was good but expensive - food was nicely presented and arrived hot, but with the fees and tip, it cost $37 for a hamburger with fries and ice tea. The hotel web site accurately presents the hotel and its style. The atmosphere is relaxing , away from the hubbub of LA and its freeways, yet only 30 minutes from LAX. In summary, if you want to stay in Pasadena, and can afford low-key luxury with peace and quiet -- this is a good choice.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles Hotel
- The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles Hotel Pasadena
- Langham Huntington Hotel
- The Langham Huntington Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Capturing the grace and elegance of a bygone era, The Langham Huntington is located at the base of the picturesque San Gabriel Mountains, just nine miles north of downtown Los Angeles in beautiful Pasadena. Located on 23 acres with grand historic ballrooms and gardens, the landmark hotel features award-winning dining, an award-winning spa and a number of recreational choices such as tennis and a nearby Nicklaus Design golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Venere, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity and HotelsClick so you can book your The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.