My husband planned a special birthday weekend for me at the Langham Huntington. He started with a plan to take me to the Huntington Library and Museum and saw the Langham on the Huntington Website. He was entranced by the website and the good summer special including continental breakfast (really a $40 credit in the cafe so you can have anything you want and just pay excess if it is more than $40-which it will be) and parking and booked a three day weekend. We drove down from Northern California. From the moment we arrived at the front door our experience was exquisite. The service at every turn was helpful, friendly, impeccable, and appropriate. From the beautiful blush long stemmed rose given to me at check in (it is still going strong 3 weeks later after a hot drive home without water) to the gorgeous room, beautifully decorated and appointed, to the view from our room, to the gorgeous grounds and public spaces, wonderful food, great pool, and sense of understated luxury, we utterly and completely loved our weekend. People were able to answer our questions and to help us when we needed it and went above and beyond. We felt we were in an English country house. We have stayed in private country house hotels in Ireland and England, and the experience was equivalent. In fact, this hotel was one of our top 2 or 3 hotel experiences ever. Even though the hotel is expensive it is worth it, and the package really made a difference. We generally favor small, more boutique hotels, but we intend to seek out Langhams and chose them in the future if we are in a city that has one. Our weekend was a splurge, but it was totally worth it. If you are there on a summer evening, look to see if the Huntington Library is having an outdoor concert. We found one and it was great. The staff at the Langham packed us a picnic. Our next stop will be the Langham Boston and we will look forward to what treats might be in store there. Wait until you see the box of toiletries in the bathroom - to die for!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Capturing the grace and elegance of a bygone era, The Langham Huntington is located at the base of the picturesque San Gabriel Mountains, just nine miles north of downtown Los Angeles in beautiful Pasadena. Located on 23 acres with grand historic ballrooms and gardens, the landmark hotel features award-winning dining, an award-winning spa and a number of recreational choices such as tennis and a nearby Nicklaus Design golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Splendia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Jetsetter, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Langham Huntington, Pasadena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles Hotel Pasadena
- Langham Huntington Hotel
- The Langham Huntington Hotel