“Good stop over” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Reve Pasadena

You added Hotel Le Reve Pasadena to your Saves list
Hotel Le Reve Pasadena
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3321 E. Colorado Boulevard, Pasadena, CA 91107 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Pasadena
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Oregon
“Good stop over”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Reasonable stop over hotel. Clean, good service. Really nice hot free breakfast. Under construction and renovation until fall (?). At bit outside downtown old Pasadena, but a short drive. Has bikes for free use which is a plus! All in all, quite reasonable for the price.

Stayed March 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Daly City, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I selected the Hotel Le Reve as our mini-splurge for our trip to Pasadena, anticipating that advertised amenities would make it a cut above the economy motels which were closer to Old Pasadena and more reasonable. We were willing to pay 99.00 dollars for a hotel with a nicer décor and whose website promised a "Free Deluxe Hot Breakfast" and an indoor whirlpool & dry heat sauna.
The reality was that the décor was a mix of newer, nicer bedding and curtains intermingled with old scratched tables and chests--underwhelming but functional. The most disappointing thing was, though, that there was no hot breakfast and the whirlpool was not heated for any part of our visit (we were at the property from 7 pm-12 noon.) Those were the two features that sold us on staying at Hotel Le Reve in the first place. Upon arrival, we learned breakfast had been downgraded to McDonalds breakfast sandwiches and hash browns and to add insult to injury they ran out of the sandwiches before we came for breakfast and we had to ask three times about getting any hash browns before the staff (which parceled out one paper plate per guest) reluctantly brought out some some hash browns that they seemed to be inexplicably "hoarding" in the back. The rest of the breakfast was worse than the cheapest chains meager continential breakfasts (basically stale cereal and no half and half for the coffee.) As far as the whirlpool, the evening we checked in we soaked in tepid water and the next morning the whirlpool was downright cold and un-useable. When we registered a complaint, the disinterested morning desk clerk simply said they didn't begin to heat the whirlpool until 4 pm without any explanation--despite the website's claim and signage on entry door to the whirlpool itself stating the hours were 10 am-10 pm. The sauna may have worked but took a long time to heat up so we couldn't really tell if it would reach appropriate heat level. The huge discrepancies between the website's claims and the reality made us wonder if this was a bait and switch operation. The best advice I can give is to recommend staying elsewhere if a deluxe hot breakfast (or any hot breakfast at all-certainly don't expect omelets!) and use of the Jacuzzi are selling points for you. I wish we had saved staying elsewhere and saved our money. The room was clean but, as I've said, nothing special and completely overpriced without the amenities.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This place has a really nice front desk woman, but my room was far from clean upon further inspection. Pee, oh yes PEE, on the ironing board that looked like it wasn't cleaned very well and smelt like it was there for too long (see pics). It left my shirt smelling of urine and I had to throw it away! There was a questionable stain on my ceiling. Possibly blood? A roof leak? Either way, nasty. This place needs some serious updates. Nice staff though!

• Stayed March 2015
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We only went there for a night on our way to LA (road tripping from SF). The reception is beautiful, breakfast was good, and the room was a safe place to stay at on a budget (considering the terrible reviews for cheap hotels near LA). But SERVICE was delightful! Everyone was very welcoming. Everyone was willing to help and giving us recommendations. We enjoyed our time at La Reve, Arlene at the front desk is such a nice person, and the Chef (whose name I don’t remember) was adorable!

Room Tip: Ask for upper level!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2015

The room was nice, they were doing renovations while we stayed. The door was dirty, and there was a mark on the cabinet that I wish as cleaned but over all, it was decent, no huge complaints. I would recommend this place if you want a decent room for the night.

• Stayed February 2015
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2015

I previously posted about the experience we had at this hotel. After speaking to the manager on the phone, he totally fixed our problem, and also refunded our night stay there. I will stay there again

Room Tip: As on Jan, the breakfast is closed, but hopefully will be up and running soon. Very cute atmosphere...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
New Orleans
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2015

I booked 4 nights at this hotel when I needed be in town for business. My plans changed and I called the morning of the day I was to check in to tell them I needed to cancel. I had several conversations with the woman running the first desk (by phone) as it was a holiday week and she had to check with manager on cancellation policy. I asked for manager to call me but he did not. Finally she told me they would charge me for 1 night as a penalty and I agreed that was fine. She did not give me a cancellation number. A week later I checked my credit card statement and say they had charged me for the 1st night (which I was expecting) and then charged me an additional $400+ dollars the following day. I called and asked immediately to speak to the manager but never heard from him. He sent me an email saying I was a no-show. I replied that I had indeed cancelled and his employee said I would be charged just one night I did not hear back from him. I wrote again asking him to please call me. Nothing.

I would never recommend anyone I know book at this hotel. You can't trust what the staff tell you and the managers refuse to call you. I've learned my lesson about not asking for a cancellation number.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Le Reve Pasadena? Share your experiences!