“It's nice, if you want something for the night but that super ghetto.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Reve Pasadena

You added Hotel Le Reve Pasadena to your Saves list
Hotel Le Reve Pasadena
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3321 E. Colorado Boulevard, Pasadena, CA 91107 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Pasadena
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“It's nice, if you want something for the night but that super ghetto.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The room was nice, they were doing renovations while we stayed. The door was dirty, and there was a mark on the cabinet that I wish as cleaned but over all, it was decent, no huge complaints. I would recommend this place if you want a decent room for the night.

• Stayed February 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2015

I previously posted about the experience we had at this hotel. After speaking to the manager on the phone, he totally fixed our problem, and also refunded our night stay there. I will stay there again

Room Tip: As on Jan, the breakfast is closed, but hopefully will be up and running soon. Very cute atmosphere...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
New Orleans
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2015

I booked 4 nights at this hotel when I needed be in town for business. My plans changed and I called the morning of the day I was to check in to tell them I needed to cancel. I had several conversations with the woman running the first desk (by phone) as it was a holiday week and she had to check with manager on cancellation policy. I asked for manager to call me but he did not. Finally she told me they would charge me for 1 night as a penalty and I agreed that was fine. She did not give me a cancellation number. A week later I checked my credit card statement and say they had charged me for the 1st night (which I was expecting) and then charged me an additional $400+ dollars the following day. I called and asked immediately to speak to the manager but never heard from him. He sent me an email saying I was a no-show. I replied that I had indeed cancelled and his employee said I would be charged just one night I did not hear back from him. I wrote again asking him to please call me. Nothing.

I would never recommend anyone I know book at this hotel. You can't trust what the staff tell you and the managers refuse to call you. I've learned my lesson about not asking for a cancellation number.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2014

Arlene greeted us with a smile and we felt as if we were almost family, best service we have ever had :) the rooms are beautiful and clean! Up to date TV and amenities make this our new favorite! We will be staying here again :)

• Stayed December 2014
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2014

This hotel is nothing fancy but the room was clean, good sized, and the furniture in good condition. The hot breakfast was very good. The interior does look better than the exterior. The only real negative was the freeway noise until around midnight. The staff is also very friendly.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

I stayed at this property just a few days ago during the 2014 Breeders Cup. The owner and staff were very accomidating, room well appointed with modern flat screen TV's, wet bar with sink and fridge and coffee maker. Cleaned daily and just 3 miles from the Santa Anita Race Track. Plenty of parking, pool, jacuzzi and sauna. I just wish I would of had time to use the amenities. All and all I will return and not stay anywhere else in Pasadena.
Mona Lamprooulos

Room Tip: 3rd floor. Although the traffic is heavy in the area, the room was quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Novato, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

It must have been a motel 6 originally. The decor was so out of place and strange. It was as if an old eccentric aunt with extra money to burn, a love of either the movies or of France decided that decorating the place would help her young nephew succeed! I am serious, no one in their right mind would have done this.

The lobby was always empty all four days and looked so out of place. What cracked me up were the vignette of seating areas with curtains, tables and chairs sprinkled around the small parking lot that was over full each night, the spaces could have been used for cars.

The hotel rooms looked like orphans dressed up to try and look fancy but so missed the mark. Every room was filled with a strong air freshener that seemed to try to cover up the old. The ice machine worked on and off and the elevator broke down 3 out of the four days.

The bedding was nice, the mattress old, saggy and without a mattress cover so it felt weird. The shower and toilet area were motel six with striped wall paper, old shower heads and and odd smell.

Yes there was a "wet bar" in my room but the mini fridge kept falling over. The maid claimed to change my sheets but my makeup from the day before was still on there. I ask again for clean sheets but again the next day the tissue I had hidden in the sheets was still there, so not clean. The towels were old and so rough.

The noise level from the freeway, the busy street and the people standing outside smoking was so loud all 4 nights that I slept with noise canceling headphones on and sleep sounds.

The one bright spot was the friendly and very nice staff. Though they were super young, did not know the area at all and were useless when asked about places that delivered, places to eat or directions they were kind and sweet.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Le Reve Pasadena? Share your experiences!