“Ok, But Not a Great Location for Walking” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Reve Pasadena

Save Saved
You added Hotel Le Reve Pasadena to your Saves list
Hotel Le Reve Pasadena
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3321 E. Colorado Boulevard, Pasadena, CA 91107 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Ranked #8 of 28 hotels in Pasadena
Fresno, California
“Ok, But Not a Great Location for Walking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My infant son and I accompanied my husband on his business trip and stayed 3 nights at this hotel. It had the bare minimum basics and nothing more. Friendly staff in the lobby. The most important thing to know about this hotel is that there is nothing close by to walk to as I found out while pounding the pavement during the day while my husband was working. Target was the best we could do and at least there was a Starbucks inside so I could get a decent cup of coffee each morning and so snacks for the room. Stay closer to downtown Pasadena if you like to explore and walk around.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Gilbert, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I thought perhaps the reviews were harsh so we gave Le Reve a try as it is so close to our family. Trust me.... it is bad!! Ants all over our room & in the bed closest to the restroom & we had no food in there! On 2 occasions our key cards would not work both at night on the 2nd floor furthest from the office... both times it was after 10pm & we were not asked for ID or our names the gal just issued us 2 new cards & they were different gals each night & they did not know us, we could of been anyone. However they DO care who you are when you go down for the breakfast, you must give your last name & room # . Funny how they care about food over a guests safety! The room had a very strong chemical smell, we complained about that & the ants... however they were booked & we were out of luck. We were told the smell was cleaning chemicals. It is a very noisy Hotel with very little parking when they are booked solid, which they were while we were there. At checkout we made our concerns known & that we intended on submitting our review & were told "do what you need to do we were fine without you before & will be fine after you are gone" . The breakfast you pay for is way better than the free under cooked breakfast they provide we ended up going to Dennys. Will NEVER CONSIDER THEM AGAIN!!! AS for the friendly staff.. they must of been on vacation as we never meant any of them.

Room Tip: Choose another Location DO NOT STAY HERE
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have not actually stayed yet (going next week), but in making the reservation, I had a lot of highly specific questions and needed a lot of special assistance. Arlene S., the woman I spoke to on the phone and via email, was PHENOMENAL. I called her on multiple days and she remembered who I was so I did not need to repeat my entire story over and over, and she gave me fantastic, individualized service. I was having difficulties on my end understanding something, and she was so patient and polite. I travel frequently and never write reviews, but really wanted to acknowledge this exceptional service. Thanks so much, Arlene! I look forward to seeing how the rest of my experience with Hotel Le Reve goes! An excellent first impression!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Overall the hotel is a decent value for the price. We experienced two things that will cause us not to return: 1. $50 worth of possessions were removed from our room 2. Ants in the bathroom.

When we approached management about the missing bag, management claimed they found the bag but it didn't have anything in it except for trash and did not see themselves accountable for the lost property.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Ft. Wayne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

After reading great reviews and expecting a hotel above average, seeing wallpaper peeling off the walls and bathrooms taken strait out of the 80s, the hotel was a major disappointment! Do not let yourself be fooled by the advertisement: it is not a boutique luxury hotel! It's just plain dingy! Even the thought of changing hotels crossed our minds. Not a good place to stay

• Stayed July 2014
Fountain Valley, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Based on numerous great online reviews including a 4 star review from tripdvisor, we booked a weekend at Hotel Le Reve Pasadena. What a bummer ... Serious shortage of parking, over 30 minutes to check-in because unable to apply AAA discount, electronic door lock mostly did not work, room really run down, furniture damaged, carpet frayed, tile in bathroom needed repair, poorest of lighting at bathroom counter, TV continually flashed on/off ... but staff was friendly and working hard and great bed. Maybe we just had a bad experience and the wrong room ???

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel's decor was very quant and cozy. The pool and jacuzzi area was small but very nice. The staff was so friendly and helpful. Marilyn, Arlene and Rosie was extremely helpful, pleasant, and friendly they made our stay wonderful. The breakfast was excellent. We will definitely stay at this hotel on our next visit.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Le Reve Pasadena? Share your experiences!