“Antonio C.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Reve Pasadena

You added Hotel Le Reve Pasadena to your Saves list
Hotel Le Reve Pasadena
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3321 E. Colorado Boulevard, Pasadena, CA 91107 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Pasadena
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“Antonio C.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

From the moment I walked into the lobby with its new pleasant decor, my visit to this hotel was enjoyable. The check-in process is quick and well-organized and rooms are clean and include several helpful amenities. The new service for breakfast was impressive for its variety and quality. I'm particularly impressed by the friendly and professional assistance always given by the front desk person named Denise. Denise always makes you feel like you are returning home and not to just another hotel. As a frequent traveller I can honestly say that she is unique in this business.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HotelLeRevePasadena, Front Office Manager at Hotel Le Reve Pasadena, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Hello AntonioC,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Le Reve. Thank you for the kind words of the service I have given you on this particular trip. I have helped you many times on each of your trips and it is always a pleasure each and every time you walk in to our lobby. The hotel continues to change and add more to better suit each and every guest that chooses Le Reve. Renovations' will soon begin to take place in our rooms and hopefully are done before your next visit to Pasadena. We await your next arrival as always. Thank you for being such a loyal guest of Le Reve.
Denise Z

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I checked in on Saturday and had a very cool experience. Rosie who works the fron desk was very nice and made sure I had everything I needed. The breakfast was pretty good. The room was clean and quiet. I really like the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hi CharlesA,
Thank you for taking your time to post a review of Le Reve. Rosie was very delighted with the positive words you had of her. She always strives to give each and every guest the best service she knows each deserve. Ignacio the chef is always adding new items to the breakfast buffet so that you the guest can have a variety, especially if your visit constitutes more than 1 night. He as well is thankful for your review. If ever in the Pasadena area again we'd love to welcome you once again.
Beverly Hills
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

When I first entered the hotel I was impressed by the decor of the lobby. The front desk attendant (Denise) was very sweet. She was able to get me checked in and into my room in no time. The rooms are nice, clean and very well kept. I had a corner room so I had a little more space than the standard rooms. Really nice hotel. Would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are bigger
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Hi ChrisB,
Thank you for taking the time to review Le Reve. I appreciate the kind words you posted about me and the hotel. We will begin renovating rooms in the near future to incorporate the décor throughout the hotel. We would like for you to visit the hotel if ever in the Pasadena area again.
Denise Z.
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I'm not exactly sure what happened, but when I made this reservation, this place was a Quality Inn and now it is Le Reve. No matter, I thought. A distinctive lobby, to be sure, and an adequate check in process for our room in this older property on Colorado Blvd buoyed my spirits. The room had a frig and a little wet bar, adequate water pressure, good wi-fi, good a/c and there was a cute little pool area with a ramada with pool furniture and a fitness room next door, complete with dry sauna. There's a lot going on here, to include complimentary bikes (albeit not in good shape) for adventures into old town Pasadena. Still, all day long I noted people standing around, smoking outside their rooms. At night, more of the same and we now can smell it in our room. At 11pm, after we had dozed off, we were awakened by a dog barking next door, later on a baby crying--thin walls? There were people outside talking and laughing near the door. I called the desk where the phone rang many times but no one was there. Same thing at 6am: folks in the parking lot, loudly talking and laughing. This was an OK place but without oversight. The room was adequate and clean, nothing fancy but very much OK, and the property did have some interesting features. Still, there was nothing restful about this place and clearly there was no office involvement. We cut our two day visit short and went somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hell Beeedell,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We always love to hear the positive comments as well as the flaws Le Reve might have. We have fine tuned the duties of the front desk agents during all shifts as not to have the wrong type of incidents happening on the property that disturb other guests who are at Le Reve. We have made the smoking area more inviting to guests who do smoke so they won't want to smoke in or around any of the rooms. We have also added more bikes to our inventory so that more guests are able to borrow them. If ever in The Pasadena area again we would like for you to give us another try. I am sure you will not be disappointed.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Beyond the interesting Chinese-themed lobby, the rooms are spacious with lots of amenities (coffee pot, iron, refrigerator, hairdryer). The pool and Jacuzzi were very clean, but the chlorine levels were so strong, our eyes burned before even entering the water. The Continental Breakfast is a full spread, but it only served until 9:30 am. We opted to sleep in and have coffee in the room until we discovered we had no coffee cups. We arrived at breakfast a bit past the 9:30 deadline but were given access to the coffee and anything else remaining on the buffet. Upon hearing this, a family sitting close by immediately got up and re-loaded their plates, emptying the remaining food which they left, uneaten, in the middle of their table. We sat down to drink our coffee and shortly thereafter, the head cook, who had seen what had taken place, brought some freshly made eggs to our table. The gesture was so sweet we ate every last bite. The cook seemed pleased and personally escorted us out when we were through, telling us to be sure to enjoy the rest of our day. This experience was a great reminder that it’s not always about whether there are coffee cups in the room, or the number of amenities a hotel has—it’s about the people we encounter along the way. I hope the Quality Inn realizes what a gem they have in this gentleman – he could certainly teach a thing or two to the Front Desk personnel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hi JulieW,
Thank you for taking the time to review Le Rev. Since you have stayed with us we have improved on the pool chlorine levels by speaking with the pool service. Breakfast is served until 9:30 am, but the cook does leave everything out until 10 am to accommodate the guests that like to sleep in. We will begin renovations to the rooms in the very near future. The front desk is very positive now giving every guest the excellent service you deserve when arriving at our hotel. We do hope to see you again if ever in the Pasadena area again.
Denise Z.

Been to Hotel Le Reve Pasadena? Share your experiences!