“Better Breakfast Please” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Pasadena
Brecon
“Better Breakfast Please”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night on the 6th October 2012. We arrived early afternoon and were warmly welcomed and even asked if we followed soccer by the Hispanic Clerk -that's good! . We ahd asked for a ground floor king room, and that's exactly what we got, although the checkin clerk said that this was because we were early. We were able to park outside our room. The Inn looks a lot better in life than it doe4s on the internet, and our room was a very good size, clean and smart. The large flat screen TV had a wide choice of channels.
The Inn is just a block from Pasadena's old town and therefore, at the rates charged, very good value. This is a very good value stay in a nice part of town, if there's a "must do better" it's the breakfast which is served on the open area above reception. Although there are some china plates and metal knives and forks nobody takes the trouble to settle you in and explain what's available, in fact the women who looked after breakfast was remote and unhelpful -thare's no need for this and it spoils the experience.
Would we stay here again? Yes it's a very good stop in Pasadena, but it could be better.

Room Tip: Get ther early and park outside your ground floor room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Indonesian first
Comfort, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I had to book a room here in the last minute, and wasn't expecting that I'd want to give it a rave review - but I do! If you're looking for a fancy room, this isn't the place you'd book anyway. However, it's very clean, a good place to get some work done while you're on business, right on the Gold Line and in easy walking distance of Old Pasadena, and just downright pleasant. The staff have been wonderful, a real break from many hotels I've stayed at. The pool is small but immaculate. Though they do have a breakfast available, it's hard to take advantage of it when there's a Whole Foods kitty-corner from there with pretty much anything you could possibly want. As a bonus, there was an in-room fridge and microwave, which came in very handy when bringing home some leftovers from the fabulous restaurants just a few blocks away. If and when I come back to Pasadena, I will definitely come here again!

Room Tip: Rooms toward the back are quieter than the ones closer to the street.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hastings, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I spent too long the night before looking for a place to stay that was to the north of LA, all typical business hotels were all booked. This room was booked and paid using Orbitz.
Arrival was at around 4PM and I was assigned a ground floor room on the north side. The desk attendant was courteous and helpful, telling me about local restaurants and Whole Foods. My room was warm on arrival with the day temp in the 90's but the AC was turned off at the unit under the window in the exterior wall. I turned it on - high and cold - at the unit and left for a cool drink and email catch at Whole Foods.When I came back in an hour and a half the room was cold.
Smaller size room than a typical Hampton with a smaller sink area, too. My room was clean, looked exactly like a mid range hotel room and sleeping was quiet on this midweek night with the ac turned to low and a few degrees up from frigid. The bed was comfortable for single sleeping. The breakfast on the second floor was adequate and included. The breakfast area was pretty warm since it is open to the elements and it was going to push 100 that day. Parking is tight but I noticed that about most LA area spots visited and the rental Camry fit. This was business travel so I was looking for a clean room with a chance to rest as best as possible when factoring 3 hour time change. The pool's location is not going to compel a unplanned dip but it looked fine for cooling off and sized large enough for child play after a day's drive. Certainly, I have no troubles or bugs to report and I left thinking that if my travels bring me back this way I could stay here again. At a less than $120 this was on the high side of decent.

Room Tip: Maybe it's arrive earlier and the room selections are better? Other people at the same time had...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
las vegas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Wasn't expecting much, got less. Very small room, uncomfortable bed, but at least a clean room.
Nice pool and Jacuzzi, too bad the Jacuzzi is not even warm. It ruins your trip when you book a place for the Jacuzzi and they are too cheap to heat it.
Book a place without pool and jacuzzi and you wil be better off.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Fairfield, Connecticut, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was assigned to a dirty room - the room I was moved into was swarming with ants. The front desk assured me they would take care of it but didn't. I took a cockroach home - I am positive it came from this hotel - there were several dead around the premises. The air conditioner didn't work. Lighting was terrible.
One of the front desk attendants was extremely rude and unhelpful. I emailed the hotel to inform them since this was one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had, and requested follow up - I didn't get any. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone. Spend the extra $50 and stay in a clean place with good customer service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Oxnard
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

OK for one night or 2. Right in the heart of Pasadena. Parking is difficult to navigate and get in and out of. Continental breakfast included but staff did not tell about it. Found out on my own. Stops at 9:30 sharp. Microwave and fridge nice touch, but nothing in the room to tell where to find ice, not even a pen or pad by the phone. I stayed in 2 different rooms. The ground level room right off parking lot was noisier than the room on the 3rd floor.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
SoCal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Great for an overnight stay, ample space for three-four people. Refrigerator, microwave, WIFI, nice TV, AC, ample parking. I have learned this summer to splurge when i get to my destination but that on the way to the locale or for a quick overnight stay, go for the inexpensive, clean place. There was a Whole Foods right across the street so we were able to buy dinner and bring it back to the hotel, very convenient. Definitely would stay again when visiting Pasadena or the surrounding areas.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Pasadena Inn? Share your experiences!