“Terrible Experience” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 28 hotels in Pasadena
Fairfield, Connecticut, United States
“Terrible Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was assigned to a dirty room - the room I was moved into was swarming with ants. The front desk assured me they would take care of it but didn't. I took a cockroach home - I am positive it came from this hotel - there were several dead around the premises. The air conditioner didn't work. Lighting was terrible.
One of the front desk attendants was extremely rude and unhelpful. I emailed the hotel to inform them since this was one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had, and requested follow up - I didn't get any. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone. Spend the extra $50 and stay in a clean place with good customer service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Indonesian first
Oxnard
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

OK for one night or 2. Right in the heart of Pasadena. Parking is difficult to navigate and get in and out of. Continental breakfast included but staff did not tell about it. Found out on my own. Stops at 9:30 sharp. Microwave and fridge nice touch, but nothing in the room to tell where to find ice, not even a pen or pad by the phone. I stayed in 2 different rooms. The ground level room right off parking lot was noisier than the room on the 3rd floor.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
SoCal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Great for an overnight stay, ample space for three-four people. Refrigerator, microwave, WIFI, nice TV, AC, ample parking. I have learned this summer to splurge when i get to my destination but that on the way to the locale or for a quick overnight stay, go for the inexpensive, clean place. There was a Whole Foods right across the street so we were able to buy dinner and bring it back to the hotel, very convenient. Definitely would stay again when visiting Pasadena or the surrounding areas.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

The staff here did a great job of making you feel welcome, only 3 blocks from old town and close to quite a few restaurants. The price was good the rooms comfortable (a bit outdated) and very quiet place to stay. The parking is free which is a bonus in this part of L.A. area, although it does have a somewhat Motel feel for the price and location it's a good place to stay. I would stay here again if the occasion comes up.

Room Tip: The bottom floor where I stayed allows access to your car.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Except for the polyester bedspreads and outdated decor, the Pasadena Inn gets the job done nicely. The bed was very comfortable with decent sheets/blankets and the pillows are GREAT (real pillows) ... a big priority on my list as I needed to stay in Pasadena for a week. My room was large and very quiet. The staff was very helpful and accomodating. LOVED having Whole Foods Market across the street ... forget the typical American breakfast provided by the hotel ... go across the street for real cappacino and wonderful nutritious food. All-in-all, a pleasant stay ... I had considered higher end, but glad I stayed here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Booked this hotel for my family to stay in while I was finishing packing up to leave the Pasadena area. The location is relatively central 10 min to old town Pasadena and less to the Paseo both with shops, bars and restaurants. Also across the road from Whole Foods market with 2 floors of gorgeous (but pricey) food and just a few minutes walk to the gold line metro train which will get into downtown LA in about 20 minutes. Room is as you would expect a standard inn, we had a corner room with 2 double beds and it was a good size and was tucked in the back corner so the house from the main route into central Pasadena (Arroyo Parkway) did not affect us. Other facilities we basic but clean and good, just a basic buffet for breakfast, a pool, small laundry facility and free parking.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Portland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

My wife and I lived in Pasadena for years before relocating. We stayed at the Pasadena Inn because of the location. It's a great location close to shopping, Colorado Blvd, dining, and a Whole Foods across the street. We've stayed previously at the Langham and W hotels, but wanted something a little less pricey. The Pasadena Inn delivered on all our expectations and excelled in customer service and value. Everyone there went above and beyond to meet all our needs and requests. All the staff, from the desk to the nice woman cooking breakfast upstairs were very friendly. The desk staff was always available and would literally jump up to help every time I walked into the office. My wife is 7 months pregnant with our second child and when I requested some extra pillows for her they were delivered to our room in 5 min. The complementary breakfasts are good (waffles, cereal, fruit, yogurt, eggs, juices, coffees, etc). There is a nice woman to help with anything you need during breakfast and cook eggs or waffles if needed. We visit LA and Pasadena at least once a year and this will be our go to hotel for all future visits. This is not a super fancy hotel, but it's a solid comfortable inn with great service. In my opinion the Pasadena Inn is the best value in all of Pasadena.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Pasadena Inn? Share your experiences!