“Convenience, service add up to a winner.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Ranked #8 of 28 hotels in Pasadena
Santa Barbara, California
“Convenience, service add up to a winner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have stayed here several times in the last few years most recently in March of 2013, and would highly recommend it for anyone spending time in Pasadena. Although it is part of the huge Hilton chain, this particular hotel is not all that big, so it has a boutique feel to it. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. The rooms are clean, comfortable and well appointed. The location is ideal, just a few blocks South of Colorado Boulevard right near the Paseo Colorado shopping center. If you prefer not to drive while here, or come without a car, the hotel provides car service to anywhere within a 2 1/2 mile radius at no charge. We have used the service to go to the Huntington Gardens and the Norton Simon Museum. When you are ready to come back to the hotel, you just call and they come pick you up.
The food at the in-house restaurant was excellent and the service very efficient and friendly. Be sure to order dessert. The cheesecake is amazing!
All in all, it is a very pleasant, well run hotel in an ideal location for enjoying Pasadena. And it also has very reasonable rates considering the quality and location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you so much for such glowing comments about your recent experience at the Hilton Pasadena Hotel. It appears you hit the high points about our hotel, from the very friendly staff to the complimentary shuttle service, to the in-house restaurant and location. Your comments make us feel so proud and I will certainly share them with each of our team members. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

498 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Livermore, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I was very impressed with a convention experience at this hotel recently. Check-in was a breeze, on-site food was excellent and the Starbucks in the lobby a real plus. The rooms were above average with size, cleanliness and comfort. The bed was a little hard for both of us, but that's a personal preference. Three minor issues. Three elevators for 14 large floors is inadequate for a convention! The self-parking rates were extremely high ($18.00 per day). And finally they screwed up our bill royally, requiring a lengthy "chat" at the front desk before we could get on the road. Check your bill carefully!!!

Room Tip: A room on the second floor will be handy if you're attending a convention.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to express my appreciation for commenting on your experience at our hotel, Hilton Pasadena. Our hotel does a big volume of convention business and it makes me very proud to hear you were very impressed with your convention experience. However, I was disappointed to hear about the way your bill was handled by the front desk; your comments remind us how consistency in providing great service and efficiency is always a work in progress in our business. Rest assured, this will be addressed with my staff. Again, I thank you for taking the time to comment on this. We look forward to welcoming you back in your future travels to Pasadena.
Highlands Ranch, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Overall pleased with accomodations; cleanliness; quite room; and hotel staff. Bedding very comfortable. Would have appreciated availability of more dining venues. Parking too expensive @ $18/day. Difficulty connecting to Wi-fi via iPhone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have stayed here twice in the last month and have found the rooms comfortable with a great work area. From the rooms standpoint, both rooms I stayed in (single king and double queen) lacked an in room refridgerator and the furniture was dated; however, there was a coffee maker with supplies. In the morning they have a full breakfast buffet (cost) with a great variety of food. Next to the breakfast area is a Starbucks and a deli. My last stay I ate in the lounge area where they have a full bar and variety of foods. If you are not wanting to walk to the downtown area for a variety of resturants to choose from, the meal in the lounge was quite tasty and convenient. I have walked to the downtown area for two meals and the walk was comfortable, without fear. I have only done the valet parking as I could not see/find public parking nearby, which is not to say there is none. All staff that I have interacted with were professional, courteous, and helpful. If in the area, this is a comfortable stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I would like to thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. We have renovation and improvement plans scheduled this year, and we have commenced on some of them. However, the refrigerator in the room was not part of the plan at this time. We can provide a small fridge to your room, with a nominal daily fee or complimentary for storing medication. There is self parking in our hotel for the current price of $18 daily with in/out privilege. The city of Pasadena has no overnight parking; however a temporary parking permit for overnight can be obtained at a number of locations within two miles of our hotel; the only caveat, the vehicle has to be moved after 0600 a.m. My staff makes me feel proud when I hear they were professional, courteous and helpful. I’m very happy you had a comfortable with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

If you need to stay in Pasadena, this hotel is great, it's close to all the shopping areas, walking distance. The rooms are clean, comfortable and well equipped. The loos are comfortable too. Lives upto the Hilton experience.

• Stayed March 2013
HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
I’m very pleased to hear your wonderful comments on your recent stay, and I truly appreciate your taking the time to post it. We certainly appreciate your patronage. My staff and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

La Mirada, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This hotel was an average hotel. Not that I ever stay at a hotel for the décor but the rooms were a bit out dated. For a Hilton hotel the beds were not as comfy as past Hilton stays. The hotel service was fantastic. The Valet staff was great, the bell hops were very helpful and polite. The shuttle service was the best of all! They went out of the way to make sure we found a nice place to eat and had wonderful suggestions for every meal. I was a bit disappointed in the service of the guy that checked us in he wasn’t very hospitable but the guy that checked us out was great! Very friendly! I prefer to feel like they care from the moment I walk in until I leave even if I don’t need anything at least make a small effort to smile and wish me a good stay. They have a Starbucks off the lobby and a nice little lounge area with a fireplace to enjoy the coffee. I definitely preferred the room with a small balcony our friends had over our window view of the roof top next door. It was nice to open the door and enjoy some fresh air while sipping on mimosa’s! Valet was about $20 bucks only a couple dollars more than self park so opt for the valet if you go. They have a small safe in the room and a long mirror which is so helpful when getting ready. This was a leisure fun trip and it was enjoyable. Had this been a business trip I may have had a different review. Overall just an average hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
I would like to express my appreciation for your taking the time to comment on your recent stay. It is truly wonderful to hear the service you experience was fantastic. We discuss all comments in my daily meetings with my staff, we will definitely address your check in and check out experience.
We look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back with hopes that your future stay, whether on business or leisure, will be fantastic in every way.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Our family of 4 (parents an two young girls) are currently in the midst of a 5 night stay at the Hilton Pasadena. All the staff has been extremely friendly and accommodating. Front Desk check in was efficient, main restaurant breakfast buffet excellent for the money (our server Tino provided outstanding service & a welcoming attitude). Pool is heated and an enjoyable respite between events around town. Gym has new treadmills, recumbent bikes and weights. The actual rooms feel a bit dated, but have large flat screen TVs; Hilton Heavenly Bed sheets, warm duvet blankets and large towels and are certainly fine. In previous trips to Pasadena we have stayed in another hotel just next door and are finding this to be much better than that hotel. Keep it up Hilton Pasadena, you are doing a terrific job.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I would like thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us. My staff and I discuss the comments we receive and we’ll certainly give recognition to Tino and the Front desk staff for making your stay enjoyable. Our hotel has recently commenced on renovation plans we have scheduled. We appreciate your patronage and certainly look forward to welcoming you on your future visit to Pasadena.

CARL SPRAYBERRY I General Manager

Been to Hilton Pasadena? Share your experiences!