“Needs Updating” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Pasadena
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Needs Updating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We spent three nights in an upgraded room with a balcony. I think the balcony was the upgrade, because the room itself was very average. The beds were older and not nearly as comfortable as those at Hampton Inns which we found surprising. Room service has limited hours and a limited menu. The "Starbuck's" near the meeting rooms was stocked with hotel food and very average. The location is okay, but there are better hotels, with better service in the area. This Hilton did not have the level of service or experience that I expect from Hilton.

Room Tip: Request a balcony
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
I would like to thank you for your comments on your recent stay at the Hilton Pasadena. I’m disappointed that you found the service was not what you expected. We take great pride in our service and quality of food. My staff and I discuss all comments received, we will certainly address what you noted. Regarding the physical aspects of the hotel, we have commenced on some renovation plans this year. We hope you give us another chance in your future visits to Pasadena.

CARL SPRAYBERRY I General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My cousin and I wanted a girls weekend out and decided to stay at this place - and we both loved it! The lobby bar was awesome but closed at midnight. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. After a night out, we didn't want to get out of bed. The only draw back is when we asked the front desk for the price of the breakfast buffet, it was incorrect and in fact was about $7 more than what we expected to pay PLUS the taxes - but the buffet itself was great and had many selections plus an omelet station. The hotel was walking distance to a lot of different restaurant and was very close to shopping area. All in all, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
I would like to thank you for deciding on our hotel to spend your girls’ weekend out and very happy to hear you loved it! Please accept my sincere apologies for the misquote of the breakfast price by our front desk staff. Our culinary staff will be very proud to hear you had an enjoyable breakfast experience. We look forward to welcoming you on your future visit with us.

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Got a diamond upgrade to a small average room. Not sure if the upgrade was bogus or the normal rooms are sub-par. Ordered calamari and chocolate cake to room. Calamari was terrible. Cake was average. Breakfast is pretty good though. $18 for self parking but that's fairly normal here. I would stay again but not my first choice.

• Stayed March 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We acknowledge your comments on the need for renovation and indeed our company has commenced on its improvement plans, scheduled in phases with completion time within two years. My staff and I discuss all comments in our daily meetings; we will certainly address your dining experience with the calamari and chocolate cake, I’m quite disappointed to hear about this as we take pride on our culinary quality. I’m glad to know breakfast was good. We do appreciate your patronage. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I'm not sure what Hilton category this hotel is, but it's definitely not the top one, because the building itself is pretty old and there is no executive lounge, like in many category 6 or 7 hotels. I'm a frequent traveler and stayed at many Hilton hotels, but this one is purely business-oriented, not family and kids. Maybe it was just my impression, but I still thought that it could be renovated into something fancier to attract other type of visitors. The location of the hotel is perfect though - 5 minutes walk from the main boulevard and the restaurants and shopping. I would recommend all business travelers to stay there, because it has all standards perks, like a bar and meeting rooms and breakfast area. The food at the hotel is also not the top-notch, but it's not bad and I would mostly complain about selection than anything else. Rooms are also standard, nothing special. I don't know what kind of pool or spa it has, but I think it's all inside the hotel, on one of the lower floors. I don't think I have anything else to add, except of repeating myself that it's just an standard Hilton hotel with average room prices. The service and the staff are very accommodating!!!

Room Tip: You would want to get the room on the higher floors, because it can get noisy with traffic and other...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I’m very pleased to hear that despite the physical looks of our hotel, that you found our staff and their service to be very accommodating, I take great pride in our staff and the service they provide. Our hotel’s location is steps away to Historic Old Town for shopping and dining, a major plus for us. Concerning the physical aspects of the hotel, our company has commenced the first phase of improvement and renovation planned for this year and beyond. We do appreciate that you would recommend us to all business travelers. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Manassas, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Just completed 4 night stay at the Pasadena Hilton visiting family. This was our second stay at the hotel and was even better than the first!
Location is excellent with good, easy access.
Our room on the 14th floor offered a wonderful view out over downtown Pasadena to downtown LA on the south to the nearby mountains to the north. Room was well appointed and very clean. The bed was very comfortable for sleeping, even by Hilton standards.
Hotel staff was exceptionally hospitable and helpful. Over the top was Bob at the bell stand, who upon hearing my question about obtaining a lcoal newspaper, volunteered to drive me over to the local newstand. So we hopped in the hotel's serice van and made a quick trip. I would never have even condiered asking for that level of service!
We will definitely be staying here on future visits!
One tip for Hilton Honors members; use the valet parking. With the Hilton Honors discount it costs no more than the self-park option, and is way more convenient.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the 'city view" side, much quieter. King rooms include two lounge chairs...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
My staff and I appreciate your review of our hotel, the service you experienced and our location. We take pride in our service and the cleanliness of our hotel, and it’s apparent you have experienced the big positives in staying at the Hilton Pasadena. I especially want to thank you for recognizing Bob, our bellman, for taking that extra mile in helping you out. He is one of our Employees of the Month, and I will certainly share your comments with him. He will be proud to hear your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Los Angeles, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The hotel was clean and the pool area was nice. BUT the room walls where paper thin and toilet got backed up for no reason. I called maintenance and waited a very long time for them to come and fix the problem. And in the mean time had no toilet to use. You get no connection to the internet. So forget bring your laptop. Self parking isn't on the premises a little ways away to wear you are forced to park Valet when you have luggage.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room with an adjoining room door. Makes it very loud with neighbors. I could hear t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
I would like to thank you for your comments on your recent visit with us. It’s very disappointing to hear that you had to wait for a long time for our maintenance to repair the toilet. Please know we review all comments in the daily meetings I hold with my staff, this will be duly addressed. Regarding the internet access in your room, I would like to make you aware that it is complimentary to the members of the Hilton Honors program, our frequent guest program, which cost nothing to sign up and you can get access to free internet in your room instantly. We also offer complimentary internet use in our Connectivity Center in the lobby. The situation with the thin walls is a key focus in our hotel’s renovation and improvement program scheduled for this year. So far we have commenced on some parts of the plan.
We hope you give us another chance and we look forward to welcoming your on your future visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I loved this hotel. The front desk staff was terrific and very accomodating. The valet staff left a little to be desired...they kept bringing me the wrong car. My room was really nice and it had a small balcony with a sliding door that I felt very safe leaving open... There are a lot of great stores and restaurants in the area. You can really count on parking your car and walking Pasadena!

Room Tip: Ask for something along the back with the sliding door and balcony...very nice to enjoy the view and...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate your taking the time to post a review of our hotel on your recent visit. I’m very delighted to know you found your room was really nice and the front desk staff terrific and accommodating; however, I’m quite disappointed with the service our valet staff provided, this will be followed up on with our valet manager. Our hotel’s location relative to the shopping and dining in our city’s historic Old Town is definitely a big plus for us. We hope to welcome you back on your future visit with us.

CARL SPRAYBERRY I General Manager

Been to Hilton Pasadena? Share your experiences!