“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Pasadena
Bakersfield
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

The hotel is near Paseo (shopping center), restaurants, and Gelson's (terrific grocery store). All walking distance. I've stayed here 3 or 4 times. The first few times, it was great. The room was spacious. The last time, we were in a smaller, accessible room. The bathroom door was a sliding one. The kind that doesn't lock. It was pain to keep sliding that door. The shower was a pain, too, because it didn't drain well, and since it was an accessible room, there was no barrier between the shower and the rest of the bathroom. Wet bathroom floors are not fun.

Anyway, not sure why they stuck us in an accessible room with an inconvenient sliding bathroom door. Probably because I didn't pay full price. I'm sure they had better king rooms not occupied. They didn't look busy at all.

Four stars because for what I paid, I guess it wasn't a big deal. Can't really beat the location, though there is a Westin on the other side of Colorado that is much nicer overall.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
First off I certainly appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton Pasadena Hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced on your recent stay. We strive to fill every guest’s request for room accommodations. However rest assured the room type was not related to the price you might have paid. We will check the drainage in those rooms. I thank you for pointing it out.
My staff and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,
HILTON PASADENA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel over thanksgiving for 3 nights. My partner and I were very happy with rooms - large, comfortable beds with nice clean bathroom and great air con.
Room service was pricey, but great food.

I was extremely dissapointed with the front desk staff and their lack of organization and liaising with other staff members when it came to delivering a package to us.
We were notified the night before check-out that we had a package which had been delivered, waiting at the front desk. We went to collect it upon check-out and no one had any idea what we were talking about.
I waited more than half hour at the desk while they called everyone in the hotel, searched every drawer, looked in the cloak room (and took me in there 3 times to double check) and searched their offices...
All it would have taken was some organization and proper handling, for me to receive the package.
... I left the hotel without it, and they took my details and said they would call when they found it... I'm still waiting for the phone call, and it's now mid December...
If I ignored this mishap I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
San Clemente, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I travel pretty extensively for business. I was rather excited to take this trip to Pasadena as I was going to be staying in a revitalized part of down town. While the shops and restaurants were fantastic, the Hilton here is less impressive. I don't know if it was the odd appearance of what was probably, at some point, a kichen area or wet bar, now stripped to it's barest in appearance, or the odd, institutional look of the bathroom.....hotel kind of had a creepy feel. The staff were all lovely and very helpful. Not impressed with the suite.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
First and foremost, I truly appreciate your taking the time to post your comments on your recent stay with us. Your comments on the odd appearance of the lobby bar and bathroom is well taken and will be addressed during our next renovation. Secondly, I’m always happy to hear our staff was lovely and very helpful, and it makes me tremendously proud of them and the service they provide. Lastly, I hope you consider the Pasadena Hilton again on your next travel plans to Pasadena, and my staff and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Happy Holidays
Palm Springs, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel in a great location. The room had a balcony and was very comfortable. The in room coffee was Lavaza, my favorite. The room service was also good. I did call the front desk to swap out my iron for one with a burst of steam but they don't have those in the hotel. The breakfast was delicious, I would recommend the buffet. My co-worker and I ordered off the menu, a cheese omelette and pancakes, which came to nearly $40.00. a little expensive but the food was awesome. You will really like this hotel and I look forward to returning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
What wonderful comments on your experience, thank you! It makes me very proud of our culinary staff knowing you had an awesome dining experience in room service and breakfast. They will certainly receive kudos from me. So happy to hear you really like our hotel and staff, we look forward to your return.

Happy Holidays,

Irvine, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed here in Nov 2012 while visiting USC. The hotel is located in a relatively quite area close to the downtown. It is an older property that has either been well maintained or renovated fairly recently. The room was quiet and comfortable and room service was fast and the food freshly prepared. I had a burger for dinner that was juicy and clearly hand formed from fresh ground meat, rather than a premade patty. Breakfast was similarly good. There are no strong negatives other than the cost of parking and the lack of free internet (unless you are an Hhonors member which I am). These days, I feel strongly that all properties should offer free interet since many of the midrange hotels do (including Hilton Garden Inns, for example). I didn't appreciate paying $18 to park either but this is not a Hilton-specific problem.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
We very much appreciate your taking the time to write a wonderful review of your recent experience at the Hilton Pasadena Hotel. Our Executive Chef, his Culinary Team, and I feel very proud to hear about your positive dining experience.
Our hotel is continually going through some refinements and renovation, and I’m pleased to know you noticed. One of the refinements we are addressing is the internet service, which we hope will happen soon. As far as the parking, our rates are comparable to other hotels.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Manchester, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Other reviews had me worried, but the room was clean and very nice. Parking fees are excessive, but safe and free on street parking is available one block southeast of the hotel.

Only issue was that room 301 was adjacent to the elevator shaft so noisy. Since it was only a one night stay, didn't request room change.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
We appreciate your taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I’m happy to know that you took the chance to stay with us despite the reviews, and that you found our hotel clean and very nice, and the parking, safe. We value your comments and appreciate your feedback about the noise from the elevator. We are testing a room insulation product to correct this issue.
We know you have choices when choosing a hotel, we appreciate your business and my staff and I look forward to welcoming you back on your return visit.

Den Bosch, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have stayed here a number of times already and it's a good hotel. The staff is good and friendly. The location is perfect, close to "downtown" Pasadena. The rooms are good, the airco can be a bit loud but with earplugs that's fine. Breakfast is typical, but good, a tad expensive if you are not HH. The pool is not super but good enough for a refreshing dive after a day at work. The gym is good, new equipment and good other facilities. All in all this is a fine hotel for the business travel. It offers everything you need at a decent price, parking is a bit expensive at 18 USD. The bar has a basic and adequate menu if you are not in the mood to go in to town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
First and foremost, I would like to thank you for choosing the Hilton Pasadena a number of times for your business accommodations; we know you have choices out there. Secondly, it’s great to hear our staff is good and friendly; we do take great pride in our service. I am certain my staff will be happy to know your comments. We are also very appreciative of your feedback that our facilities meet your satisfaction. Our location in proximity to downtown is one that our guests really like.
My staff and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Pasadena.

HILTON PASADENA

Been to Hilton Pasadena? Share your experiences!