“Very nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Pasadena
Manchester, Connecticut
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Other reviews had me worried, but the room was clean and very nice. Parking fees are excessive, but safe and free on street parking is available one block southeast of the hotel.

Only issue was that room 301 was adjacent to the elevator shaft so noisy. Since it was only a one night stay, didn't request room change.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
We appreciate your taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I’m happy to know that you took the chance to stay with us despite the reviews, and that you found our hotel clean and very nice, and the parking, safe. We value your comments and appreciate your feedback about the noise from the elevator. We are testing a room insulation product to correct this issue.
We know you have choices when choosing a hotel, we appreciate your business and my staff and I look forward to welcoming you back on your return visit.

HILTON PASADENA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have stayed here a number of times already and it's a good hotel. The staff is good and friendly. The location is perfect, close to "downtown" Pasadena. The rooms are good, the airco can be a bit loud but with earplugs that's fine. Breakfast is typical, but good, a tad expensive if you are not HH. The pool is not super but good enough for a refreshing dive after a day at work. The gym is good, new equipment and good other facilities. All in all this is a fine hotel for the business travel. It offers everything you need at a decent price, parking is a bit expensive at 18 USD. The bar has a basic and adequate menu if you are not in the mood to go in to town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
First and foremost, I would like to thank you for choosing the Hilton Pasadena a number of times for your business accommodations; we know you have choices out there. Secondly, it’s great to hear our staff is good and friendly; we do take great pride in our service. I am certain my staff will be happy to know your comments. We are also very appreciative of your feedback that our facilities meet your satisfaction. Our location in proximity to downtown is one that our guests really like.
My staff and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Pasadena.

Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is a nice hotel and recently renovated. The rooms are adequate and everything works properly. I didn't use the cafe but there's coffee in the room. My only complaint is the same for all large hotels in big cities. I hate paying 18.00 to park!

• Stayed October 2012
HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you for commenting about your recent experience at the Hilton Pasadena Hotel. My staff and I appreciate your comments as constructive feedback and will as a team collectively review.
Please know the City of Pasadena has no overnight parking, our parking rates are comparable to the other hotels nearby.
My staff and I look forward to welcoming you on your return visit to the Hilton Pasadena.

Reston, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The entire hotel was very clean and nicely decorated. The bathroom was pleasantly clean. The bed lined and towels are fresh and white. The pillows were very comfortable. I recommend this hotel.

Negatives: $18 per night parking fee and $15 per night fee for WiFi in the room. WiFi is free in the lobby.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I’m happy to know the cleanliness of the bathroom and the fresh linen gave you a positive impression on the overall cleanliness of our hotel. We take great pride in the hotel’s cleanliness and service and indeed it makes me feel very proud that our guests, like you, noticed it.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Pasadena Hotel.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed in Pasadena for an evening and although I liked the area, I was not wowed by the hotel. The hotel was rather average. The people were friendly enough and the rooms were OK, but there was nothing that stood out about this hotel for me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit at the Hilton Pasadena Hotel. We value every comment from our guests. While the hotel did not wow you, I feel very proud that you experienced my staff to be very friendly; I will ensure the staff is aware of your kind feedback.
We hope you give us another opportunity to experience our hotel and the amenities we offer and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We enjoyed a wonderful 4 night stay at the Hilton Pasadena in January. From check-in to check-out, we were made to feel at home. All of the staff were courteous and helpful throughout our stay. We loved the location - within walking distance to just about everything we wanted to see/do. I cannot wait to return!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Very pleased to read about your great experience while visiting our hotel. I will certainly share your wonderful comments with our staff. We too cannot wait to welcome you back soon. Thank you!

Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This hotel was clean and neat. Unfortunately, it was less than friendly. The check in process was very smooth. I was given a nice (small) room with a balcony. It was clean and nicely kept up. However, when we pulled up front in an expensive and new SUV and indicated to the valet that we would carry our own bags (there was one bag per person), they treated us like dirt. They were rude and made it very clear that they felt that we were some how cheating them out of a tip.
That night, the fire alarm sounded just after I had fallen asleep. It was very loud and I packed up my service animal and rang downstairs to see if it was real. Guest Services answered and said that they weren't sure and put me on hold. After 4 more minutes on hold, I put the phone down (I didn't hang up), and I walked down nine flights of stairs, rather than chance burning up in a hotel fire. The alarm continued to sound until about the time I hit the first floor, service animal in a carrier on one shoulder and computer bag on the other. For an older person with bad knees, that wasn't so fun. I got to the lobby and was greeted by a heap of confusion...especially from the front desk crew. I returned to my room, and found that I was still on hold on the phone. 5 minutes later, the same young woman returned to the line and told me that it was "all clear". Really? 20 minutes later? I would be dead.
The next morning, I asked to speak with the manager, and related my story. The front desk tried to run interference and explained how they could handle my problem, as the manager was quite busy. I persisted. Mr. Thomas Cook, the manager, was extremely abrupt and kept stating that a child had pulled the alarm. I tried to explain that my complaint was in the way it was handled, not the alarm being pulled itself. He was quite short with me and kept reiterating how a child was responsible, refusing to address the hotel problem. He also would not look at me, but over my head. I finally gave up.
Additionally, to my chagrin, I found that another diamond Hilton Honours guest (same level as me) (male) had been given two full breakfast coupons per each of his room. I had been given a single continental breakfast (upgradeable to full for an additional $6) coupon. Talk about treating us differently. Perhaps it was because I had my small rolling suitcase with me when I checked in and declined bellman assistance? The front desk attitude certainly changed then.
I went down to the restaurant to use my coupon, but couldn't get seated, and gave up and visited a coffee shop instead.
Oh, one last thing...the bar is expensive and they pour slightly less than one full jigger. The wine is also a very small pour. Only the soda was a decent deal.
I found the attitude of the manager and many of the staff were extremely snobby. I don't know what makes them so good, but next time I'll stay at the Glendale Hilton and drive. All of the staff are nice and friendly there. And you get a full breakfast, not ignored.

Room Tip: Not sure. The even number rooms on one side of the building have patios, which would be pleasant if...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
First and foremost, I truly appreciate your time in commenting about your recent stay with us. Secondly, please know that I meet with my management staff daily and discuss all comments posted by our guests. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience due to the false fire alarm. We review the details that provide opportunities for us to mitigate any situations similar to what you experienced; these are invaluable tools for us.
Lastly, our mission is delivering hospitality, creating value ….every customer, every time. I feel very disappointed that certain associates of my team did not meet that mission. The attitude demonstrated by the staff is certainly unacceptable and have been addressed. I’m glad to hear that at least your check in was smooth and the room was clean and neat.
My staff and I value your comments and we hope you give us another chance to show you our hospitality. Please feel free to personally contact me on your future plans to visit Pasadena. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,
csprayberry@hiltonpasadena.com

Been to Hilton Pasadena? Share your experiences!