“I really loved my trip to Pasadena and the Hilton Hotel there was extrememly nice. The breakfast buffet was very good.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Pasadena

Book now and save 20%
Ranked #8 of 28 hotels in Pasadena
Springfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

I loed the location of Pasadena Hiilton Hotel. Very close to Old Pasadena which is a very
hip and
happening place to go. Either for shopping, dining or clubbing.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

410 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

We took the train from Northern California to Pasadena to attend a conference at Cal Poly. Our train trip ended in Bakersfield and there we boarded an Amtrak bus which delivered us literally to the doorstep of the Hilton Hotel. We had made reservations at the Hilton because it seemed convenient, but after our one-night stay, we would definitely choose the the same hotel for future trips to Pasadena.

Our well-decorated room faced west and offered a small balcony where we relaxed before going to Old Town for dinner. The bed was very comfortable with nice linens and plenty of pillows. The bathroom, while very clean and well-appointed with toiletries, was on the petite side.

The lobby staff were helpful and accurate with pedestrian directions as we wanted to walk to Old Town for dinner and to Cal Poly the next morning for our conference. The walk to Cal Poly was quite a hike, but took us through through some beautiful neighborhoods. The only snag was when we made arrangements to be picked up by shuttle at Cal Poly for our return to the hotel to meet my mother-in-law with whom we planned to stay for a few days. The driver arrived late due to a miscommunication with the bell desk. We were afraid our elderly parent would be frantic and phoned the bell desk to see if someone could find her and tell her we were on the way. The bell captain was exceedingly gracious and did as we asked!

The hotel lobby is modern and spacious and the bar looked hip and inviting. We had no time to enjoy those areas, but will arrange that differently next visit!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
TIjuana, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011 via mobile

Tiny bathrooms. We used priceline so we got a pretty good deal, but I wouldve been upset if I paid full price here. You can't even sit on the toilet & close the bathroom door. No fridge. Paper cups. Getting to the pool is just strange, like your sneaking in the back ally.
Pool is small too. Not the Hikton I've been to before.

• Stayed August 2011
HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
HI Blond Penguin,
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to inform you that starting at the end of September all bathroom doors are changing to a slider panel door that allows better accessiblity to the bathroom. We have several prototype rooms with this improvement and the guest feedback has been very positive. You can request one of these new rooms on your next visit and we would love to have your feedback.

The Pool is located at the end of the first floor next to the fitness center. The location is designed to be private and safe. We have new pool furniture cushions arriving anyday to improve the look and comfort of our quaint but nice pool.

The paper cups are actually the preference of the seasoned traveler to ensure sanitation. China cups are alwasy available upon request at any Hilton if you prefer.

We are excited about our imrovements that are soon to start and we have continuous plans to provide the value to meet the guests expectation. New 42-Inch TV's were added last year on a new granit top Armoire. New desk chairs were this year along with new seating for the lobby lounge. We have just complete refurbishment to the lobby marble floor and the comments have been very positive.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we wish for you safe travel and hope to see you again very soon to enjoy more improvements.

Best Regards,
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011 via mobile

Average hotel near downtown pasadena. OK location- restaurants and shops are within walking distance. Not a bad place to stay if you are looking for a place near downtown or businesses nearby.

• Stayed August 2011
HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
Hi Lizzy707,
Thank you for you feedback. We have some wonderful improvements on the way. Our guest service scores continue to imrove from all our resources that report to us. I am sorry that your experience was only OK. It is certainly our goal that you have excellence. I always regret reading a comment like this when I have not heard from the guest while they are here at the
property for us to respond with improvements to make your stay "excellent". We truly want to know while you are here what we can do to make things wonderful. Please contact me to provide some specifics on what items you found that were not quite what they should be so we can learn from this experience to improve. I can assure you we will use the information to coach our team mates, improve our product and create better perceptions. It is our desire everyday and we typically succeed when given the chance. Not too many people who let us know while they are our guest are not perfectly satisfied prior to departure. We desire to learn and will correct what we are given a chance to correct. It is better while you are here, but it is never too late to do the right thing. If the right thing still needs to be done contact me. I want an opporunity to investigate and respond appropriately to any concern you may have had.
My DD number 626-660-6623; my email: mdavis@hiltonpasadena.com.

All the best,
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Two friends and I met in Pasadena for the night and stayed at the Hilton. All of the staff were friendly and very eager to be of service. The location was excellent--we were able to walk to an area with lots of restaurants and shops, which was perfect for a girls night out! The beds were exceptionally comfortable. As some of the other reviews mentioned, the air conditioning is a bit noisy and the room was nothing particularly special, but it was perfectly comfortable and suited our needs nicely. Overall, a quite pleasant experience!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I am a diamond member and the staff totally disregarded giving me the rewards that come with that, they put a hold on $100 dollars for incedentals and did not let me know. The hotel feels dirty and the staff is medicore.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
HI Sarah J.,
I am regret hearing that your Hilton Diamond benefits were not appropriated to you. Most of the time when I hear this complaint it is due to a "My Way" choice you have selected on your profile. If you send me your information, check-out date or Hilton Honors Diamon Account number I can research the cause. If you have selected the 1000 points as your preference the breakfast benefit is not avaialbe to you unless the business negotiated account you participate with has the breakfast as a benefit. Not knowing your specific information it is impossible for me to assume what may have caused this perception of "none of my benefits" were given. I will honor and make up any benefits that have been excluded if you just let me know specifics.

It is every hotels policy to preauthorize an amount for incidentals upon check-in to ensure that your purchase choices that you sign to your room are covered with an appropriate approval from your credit card company. Credit Card companies will not honor charges to your card that have not been pre-authorized. At check-out this is reconciled and the only charges that are applied to your credit card are actually charged. If you however, use a debit card to guarantee your incidentals, the money is taken immeidiately from your account from the bank and any unused balance is credited upon reconciling your folio at check-out. Unfortunately, many times your bank will hold on to your money from a debit card for 5 to 7 days before crediting your card the credit amount. I hope that better explains what may have occured for your referral for the "$100 Hold" the hotel placed on your account. This is avoided if you use a CC rather than a debit card. It is a bank policy, not our hotel policy that placed a hold on your funds if it was a debit card.

More importantly your comment about the hotel feeling dirty and staff being mediocre is contrary to the majority of our feedback from all sources that we receive. If there was any specific item you can inform me of that was not up to par on cleanliness I will aggressively pursue. Likewise, I would seek to know any staff member who may have been less than your expectation. We are continuously training and coaching our team mates on any infomation we receive to assist in their development for excellence. Frankly, most of our comments praise the staff and we always like hearing both when we have met your expectations as well as when we fail to meet them and more specifically why so we can improve.

I deeply appreciate your feedback. If I maybe of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me for a resolution to your concerns. My Direct Dial is 626-584-3111. My email is mdavis@hiltonpasadena.com.

Warmest regards,
Fresno, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

I would compare this to a MOTEL....
apon my arrival home I was checking the charge to my account and I was charged and extra 80.00 exactly. When I called the hotel they were not helpful said they would email me the statement no where on the statement could I find the 80.00. My bank said to bring in the statement and I would have to file some sort of paper work to recover the 80.00. wondering if a staff member used my card.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Pasadena? Share your experiences!