“Nice enough” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 28 hotels in Pasadena
Eagan, Minnesota
“Nice enough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed 5 nights at the Sheraton in Pasadena visiting our son, and the Sheraton was conveniently located for us. Besides being within walking distance to old town for shopping and dining, a movie theater, and a church (for Easter Sunday) we could walk to our son's apartment. The breakfast in the little Restaurant Soleil was good and service and drinks in Charlie's Bar were pleasant. I don't know if I met Charlie, but the guy behind the bar was friendly and accomodating. The room was a little on the small side, but clean and comfortable. The bathroom had a small sink countertop. A large countertop is important to me because we have a lot of paraphernalia that needs to be set out. But I have stayed at places with smaller countertops. You pay extra for parking - $18/night, which I think is exorbitant. My son steered us to a nearby parking garage that was only $5/night. The front desk people were nice, so I would be happy to stay here again when we visit our son.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

379 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have stayed at the Sheraton over 10 times in the past 3 years thanks to Priceline's rates. It is a nice, clean hotel, not terribly fancy, but good quality, staff and comfortable rooms. The pool area is nice but the exercise room could be upgraded. The location is perfect - great shops, cafes, etc. all within a 4-5 minute walk to Colorado Blvd. with beautiful mountain views The staff is very pleasant and the bathrooms are stocked with amenities for overnight stays. The Sheraton Pasadena is our choice for our visits to Pasadena.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Brawley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed two nights with my Boyfriend and we loved the hotel and our room! The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. We arrived early and they rushed a room for us which was a plus since we had a long drive to the location. The room was quiet even though it was on the first floor, clean, and really comfortable! The bed and pillows allowed us to have wonderful night's rest. The bathroom was stocked and clean. The surrounding area of the hotel was nothing short of beautiful, as well. You are minutes from the upscale and beautiful Old Town Pasadena which is something you should see! We will be staying here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonPasadenaGM, General Manager at Sheraton Pasadena, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
We are delighted to hear that our staff and services met your expectations. We are glad you had the opportunity to experience the Club Lounge and shuttle service. Thank you for your comments and for making other travelers aware of our “Make a Green Choice” program. If a guest is staying with us for more than one consecutive evening a guest may opt to “Make a Green Choice” and receive a $5 voucher valid for a food or beverage purchase within our hotel, or they may choose to receive 500 SPG points. We take pride at being at the highest level of the California Green Lodging Program. We hope to welcome you back soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This Sheraton looks a little dated on the outside, but it is clean, modern, and well-maintained throughout. The staff was abundant, and all were courteous, and anxious to be helpful. This is the second time I have stayed at this Sheraton while doing business in Pasadena. It is by far one of the best choices. It is conveniently located close to the freeway, and is right in the middle of the revitalized downtown area. There are great shops and dining in the blocks around the hotel. There are two things that are not "great" about this property. (1) the pool is difficult to find, small, and only about four feet deep (but the exercise room is above average). There is no hot tub in the pool area. (2) The breakfast buffet was very good, but $16...really?!? Other than that, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are kinda small. All rooms have equivalent views. Hotel is in a quiet location, s...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed here for 5 days and enjoyed my stay. Nearby metro is hardly 5 min walk. Ice skating rink is also nearby - almost adjacent.
I was at 3rd floor. They have a snack bar at 3rd floor which is open most of the time. Variety of breakfast is very good. They have a shuttle service and can drop you at nearby spots. Room was quite spacious. Staff was very cooperative. They have a good point system in case - if you dont opt for room cleaning they give 500 points which can be used in future.
One can book tickets for various attractions from the hotel reception thus avoiding queues. I booked Universal thru the hotel and saved time. The hotel concierge was very smart she advised me to take VIP ticket allowing me to see maximum without wasting time in queues. Actually she did the advance booking for me.

Room Tip: Prefer to have the room at 3rd floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Orange, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was contacted 3 months after making our reservation for New Years Eve 2013, buying Rose Parade tickets and making travel and pet sitting plans. They called and told us our reservation was cancelled and to make other reservations.There are NO OTHER Pasadena hotel available over New Years. Yet if you look on tournament of Roses website they are selling packages to stay at this hotel so obviously, there are rooms available that Sheraton could BUY BACK to accommodate those of us whose reservations are cancelled.

Even with a dated printed confirmation, they'll sell your room out from under you.. I was told that the Tournament of Roses books this same block of rooms every year, yet it took them 3 months to realize they had overbooked. There are no hotel rooms available for us over New Years in Pasadena.

So much for being a loyal Platinum member for 20 years.
Avoid this hotel or this could happen to you too.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We are very sorry for the problems created by our error. We try to never make a mistake with our guest reservations, but sometimes they are unavoidable. Rather than wait until your arrival on New Years we felt it best to contact you early to resolve the issue. We fully reimbursed our affected guests for the value of their reservation; though we are only responsible for 1 nights room and tax reimbursement. The rooms contracted by the Tournament of Roses can not be "bought back". We also found rooms in downtown Los Angeles at the Sheraton if the guest wanted to relocate. Again we are sorry for the error and rook aggressive steps to rectify the situations as best as possible. We have also tightened up polices and staff controls to prevent a re-occurrence of this error.
Miamisburg, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I made a reservation in January 2013 for New Years Eve on January 2014. I was using SPG points for this reservation. On March 28, the hotel called me to say they had to cancel my reservation because there was a "glitch" in the system. I seriously doubt that was true. I feel that they were able to sell the room for an inflated price and needed to get rid of my "free" stay. I would now never trust any Starwood reservation and will no longer be building up SPG points. I now have no room for my planned trip to Pasadena to see the Rose Parade. I would have made other arrangements, but now all convenient rooms are booked. In the "when did you travel" section I had to put in some date in order to let people know of the unscrupulous practice of this hotel, so I just put in March, but I did not really stay there.

Room Tip: Choose a Marriott Hotel. I have logged over 800 nights at Marrriott and that hotel system has never...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting on your experience. I want to update your comment with the fact that we were able to secure SPG point stays at another Starwood property in Pasadena and gladly reimbursed for the difference in points. We took all actions at our disposal to rectify our error and remove any negative consequences from our guests. We have also put policies in place to prevent re-occurrence of this overbooking.

Been to Sheraton Pasadena? Share your experiences!