“Great choice for Pasadena” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Pasadena
“Great choice for Pasadena”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This Sheraton looks a little dated on the outside, but it is clean, modern, and well-maintained throughout. The staff was abundant, and all were courteous, and anxious to be helpful. This is the second time I have stayed at this Sheraton while doing business in Pasadena. It is by far one of the best choices. It is conveniently located close to the freeway, and is right in the middle of the revitalized downtown area. There are great shops and dining in the blocks around the hotel. There are two things that are not "great" about this property. (1) the pool is difficult to find, small, and only about four feet deep (but the exercise room is above average). There is no hot tub in the pool area. (2) The breakfast buffet was very good, but $16...really?!? Other than that, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are kinda small. All rooms have equivalent views. Hotel is in a quiet location, s...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Experience l, Manager at Sheraton Pasadena, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thanks for your feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed here for 5 days and enjoyed my stay. Nearby metro is hardly 5 min walk. Ice skating rink is also nearby - almost adjacent.
I was at 3rd floor. They have a snack bar at 3rd floor which is open most of the time. Variety of breakfast is very good. They have a shuttle service and can drop you at nearby spots. Room was quite spacious. Staff was very cooperative. They have a good point system in case - if you dont opt for room cleaning they give 500 points which can be used in future.
One can book tickets for various attractions from the hotel reception thus avoiding queues. I booked Universal thru the hotel and saved time. The hotel concierge was very smart she advised me to take VIP ticket allowing me to see maximum without wasting time in queues. Actually she did the advance booking for me.

Room Tip: Prefer to have the room at 3rd floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Orange, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was contacted 3 months after making our reservation for New Years Eve 2013, buying Rose Parade tickets and making travel and pet sitting plans. They called and told us our reservation was cancelled and to make other reservations.There are NO OTHER Pasadena hotel available over New Years. Yet if you look on tournament of Roses website they are selling packages to stay at this hotel so obviously, there are rooms available that Sheraton could BUY BACK to accommodate those of us whose reservations are cancelled.

Even with a dated printed confirmation, they'll sell your room out from under you.. I was told that the Tournament of Roses books this same block of rooms every year, yet it took them 3 months to realize they had overbooked. There are no hotel rooms available for us over New Years in Pasadena.

So much for being a loyal Platinum member for 20 years.
Avoid this hotel or this could happen to you too.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonPasadenaGM, General Manager at Sheraton Pasadena, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
We are very sorry for the problems created by our error. We try to never make a mistake with our guest reservations, but sometimes they are unavoidable. Rather than wait until your arrival on New Years we felt it best to contact you early to resolve the issue. We fully reimbursed our affected guests for the value of their reservation; though we are only responsible for 1 nights room and tax reimbursement. The rooms contracted by the Tournament of Roses can not be "bought back". We also found rooms in downtown Los Angeles at the Sheraton if the guest wanted to relocate. Again we are sorry for the error and rook aggressive steps to rectify the situations as best as possible. We have also tightened up polices and staff controls to prevent a re-occurrence of this error.
Miamisburg, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I made a reservation in January 2013 for New Years Eve on January 2014. I was using SPG points for this reservation. On March 28, the hotel called me to say they had to cancel my reservation because there was a "glitch" in the system. I seriously doubt that was true. I feel that they were able to sell the room for an inflated price and needed to get rid of my "free" stay. I would now never trust any Starwood reservation and will no longer be building up SPG points. I now have no room for my planned trip to Pasadena to see the Rose Parade. I would have made other arrangements, but now all convenient rooms are booked. In the "when did you travel" section I had to put in some date in order to let people know of the unscrupulous practice of this hotel, so I just put in March, but I did not really stay there.

Room Tip: Choose a Marriott Hotel. I have logged over 800 nights at Marrriott and that hotel system has never...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting on your experience. I want to update your comment with the fact that we were able to secure SPG point stays at another Starwood property in Pasadena and gladly reimbursed for the difference in points. We took all actions at our disposal to rectify our error and remove any negative consequences from our guests. We have also put policies in place to prevent re-occurrence of this overbooking.
Novato, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Traveling with dogs can be a challenge. This hotel in Pasadena met all our needs...good walking area for the dogs & a really comfortable bed for us! A bit noisy so we kept the nosy air on so as not to hear the noisier garage located beneath the hotel. Great restaurants close by as well as a fabulous grocery store. Hotel staff constantly cleaning. Hotel well located in city & close to freeway.

Room Tip: Dog friendly!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Rocklin, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We attended an event at the convention center so the hotel was very convenient. We were on the second floor and had a nice sized room (270). The bed was exceptionally hard and did cause me some sleeplessness. My husband complained of this as well. And it is true, you do need ear plugs. Whether it's people talking outside the balconies, in the halls or next door, you'll need them. Shower was good and we had breakfast once in the hotel which was decent. The walk to old Pasadena is also convenient. Highly recommend the Italian restaurant at the end of the strip next to the freeway. The food was amazing!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

The hotel it's self is great, rooms are nice enough, food is good and the location is great but it's just so noisy!
I was on the second floor and had the side road running down past my room, the noise from the cars was really quite annoying, the balcony doors do very little to filter out the noise.
There seems to be a constant number of house keeping staff in the hallway standing around talking at all hours of the day, shouting to each other all the time and chatting right outside my room. Clearly they have a job to do and this creates noise and I accept that, however the standing around chatting outside my bedroom door was a real annoyance. There didn't seem to be a moment of complete silence in that room for even a minute. Not a very relaxing stay I'm afraid.

• Stayed March 2013
Thanks for your feedback!

Been to Sheraton Pasadena? Share your experiences!