“Canceled reservation” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Pasadena
Miamisburg, Ohio
“Canceled reservation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I made a reservation in January 2013 for New Years Eve on January 2014. I was using SPG points for this reservation. On March 28, the hotel called me to say they had to cancel my reservation because there was a "glitch" in the system. I seriously doubt that was true. I feel that they were able to sell the room for an inflated price and needed to get rid of my "free" stay. I would now never trust any Starwood reservation and will no longer be building up SPG points. I now have no room for my planned trip to Pasadena to see the Rose Parade. I would have made other arrangements, but now all convenient rooms are booked. In the "when did you travel" section I had to put in some date in order to let people know of the unscrupulous practice of this hotel, so I just put in March, but I did not really stay there.

Room Tip: Choose a Marriott Hotel. I have logged over 800 nights at Marrriott and that hotel system has never...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonPasadenaGM, General Manager at Sheraton Pasadena, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for posting on your experience. I want to update your comment with the fact that we were able to secure SPG point stays at another Starwood property in Pasadena and gladly reimbursed for the difference in points. We took all actions at our disposal to rectify our error and remove any negative consequences from our guests. We have also put policies in place to prevent re-occurrence of this overbooking.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Novato, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Traveling with dogs can be a challenge. This hotel in Pasadena met all our needs...good walking area for the dogs & a really comfortable bed for us! A bit noisy so we kept the nosy air on so as not to hear the noisier garage located beneath the hotel. Great restaurants close by as well as a fabulous grocery store. Hotel staff constantly cleaning. Hotel well located in city & close to freeway.

Room Tip: Dog friendly!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Experience l, Manager at Sheraton Pasadena, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Rocklin, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We attended an event at the convention center so the hotel was very convenient. We were on the second floor and had a nice sized room (270). The bed was exceptionally hard and did cause me some sleeplessness. My husband complained of this as well. And it is true, you do need ear plugs. Whether it's people talking outside the balconies, in the halls or next door, you'll need them. Shower was good and we had breakfast once in the hotel which was decent. The walk to old Pasadena is also convenient. Highly recommend the Italian restaurant at the end of the strip next to the freeway. The food was amazing!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The hotel it's self is great, rooms are nice enough, food is good and the location is great but it's just so noisy!
I was on the second floor and had the side road running down past my room, the noise from the cars was really quite annoying, the balcony doors do very little to filter out the noise.
There seems to be a constant number of house keeping staff in the hallway standing around talking at all hours of the day, shouting to each other all the time and chatting right outside my room. Clearly they have a job to do and this creates noise and I accept that, however the standing around chatting outside my bedroom door was a real annoyance. There didn't seem to be a moment of complete silence in that room for even a minute. Not a very relaxing stay I'm afraid.

• Stayed March 2013
Martinsville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This reviewer had stayed at this hotel twice in the last 6 months, giving seminars both times.
The first time, at Halloween 2012, the staff was dressed up for the holiday.
THEY MET ALL THE SPECIAL NEEDS OF THIS REVIEWER. This reviewer has medical concerns, and asks for a refrigerator ensuite as well as being close to the seminar rooms.
The room they gave this reviewer was quite acceptable, comfortable, and clean. The only issue at Halloween was that the sleeping room required this reviewer to walk down a landing (inside the room) about 5 steps to get to the bed. The bathroom? Up those same 5 steps.
This reviewer does not "do" stairs due to a heart condition.
This last stay- 3/11/2013 and 3/12/2013- was equally wonderful. This reviewer asked for a room close to the elevator this time (got room #335). It was marginally noisy (shoot, this reviewer ASKED for the room close to the elevator) but again, the fridge was ensuite.
The bed? Comfy. The amenities in the room? More than adequate. The towels? Eh, not bad. Not as soft as would be desired, but clean and fresh.
The staff- from housekeeping to the banquets staff to the front desk were all professional, attendant to all the needs of this reveiwer and attendees at the seminar, and were incredibly friendly.
The staff RAN to take care of the needs of all persons. This reviewer feels that this reviewer could have asked the staff at the Sheraton to wash this reviewer's rental car, and the staff would probably have done so!
You will pay a fee to park in the adjacent structure, but that's not the gripe. In Pasadena, expect to not find "free parking."
The gripe?
Hotels have got to stop charging $9.95 a day for internet access. This reviewer is amazed that this still happens. This is usually an issue with hotels carring the Marriott medallion, and it is silly for the Sheraton Pasadena to continue this antiquated practice.
One can go to a Starbucks and McDonalds and find "free wifi." One would think that the hotels (the Seraton Pasadena included) would want their guests to stay at the hotel, not go out seeking free wi-fi. Better to have guests spend the bucks at the Sheraton restaurants and bars and provide free wifi than have the guests leave the property.
If this reviewer comes to Pasadena for pleasure or business, indeed, this will be the venue to chose again.
They "do it right."

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Ashley D, Manager at Sheraton Pasadena, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your detailed review with us and our future guests. Your comments for our guestrooms and helpful associates are greatly appreciated. Customer service is very important to us here at the Sheraton Pasadena and we are pleased to hear our staff exceeded your expectations. Thank you again for providing this valuable feedback and we do hope that you will consider our hotel again on your next visit to Pasadena.
Menlo Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Sheraton Pasadena hotel when I was there for a conference. In particular, I found their beds to be comfortable (I slept very well), and the gym to be well equipped with modern treadmills, etc.

But what I would like to highlight here is that the service was exemplary even after my stay had ended. When I called to request help with an invoice from my stay, the senior front office supervisor, Jason Brown, was extremely courteous, taking his time to figure out what I needed and following through promptly, even though my request ended up being a bit more complicated than expected. These days, i don't take service like that for granted.

I would recommend a stay at this Sheraton.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed in this hotel last week and were very happy with our room. It had everything we needed, including very, very comfortable beds and a huge flat-screen TV. Yes, the hotel is on the older side, but it is still a very nice stay & so conveniently located to everything Pasadena has to offer. The staff was very friendly and I will definitely consider another stay at this hotel in the future. Parking is high, but not any higher than other hotels in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashley D, Manager at Sheraton Pasadena, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us at the Sheraton Pasadena. We are delighted to hear that you had a relaxing and enjoyable stay. Thank you for your comments regarding our clean and well-appointed guestrooms and additional amenities. The Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed is designed to provide our guests with the much needed rest and comfort they need while traveling away from home. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Been to Sheraton Pasadena? Share your experiences!