“Take your ear plugs!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Pasadena
Birmingham
“Take your ear plugs!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The hotel it's self is great, rooms are nice enough, food is good and the location is great but it's just so noisy!
I was on the second floor and had the side road running down past my room, the noise from the cars was really quite annoying, the balcony doors do very little to filter out the noise.
There seems to be a constant number of house keeping staff in the hallway standing around talking at all hours of the day, shouting to each other all the time and chatting right outside my room. Clearly they have a job to do and this creates noise and I accept that, however the standing around chatting outside my bedroom door was a real annoyance. There didn't seem to be a moment of complete silence in that room for even a minute. Not a very relaxing stay I'm afraid.

• Stayed March 2013
Experience l, Manager at Sheraton Pasadena, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thanks for your feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Martinsville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This reviewer had stayed at this hotel twice in the last 6 months, giving seminars both times.
The first time, at Halloween 2012, the staff was dressed up for the holiday.
THEY MET ALL THE SPECIAL NEEDS OF THIS REVIEWER. This reviewer has medical concerns, and asks for a refrigerator ensuite as well as being close to the seminar rooms.
The room they gave this reviewer was quite acceptable, comfortable, and clean. The only issue at Halloween was that the sleeping room required this reviewer to walk down a landing (inside the room) about 5 steps to get to the bed. The bathroom? Up those same 5 steps.
This reviewer does not "do" stairs due to a heart condition.
This last stay- 3/11/2013 and 3/12/2013- was equally wonderful. This reviewer asked for a room close to the elevator this time (got room #335). It was marginally noisy (shoot, this reviewer ASKED for the room close to the elevator) but again, the fridge was ensuite.
The bed? Comfy. The amenities in the room? More than adequate. The towels? Eh, not bad. Not as soft as would be desired, but clean and fresh.
The staff- from housekeeping to the banquets staff to the front desk were all professional, attendant to all the needs of this reveiwer and attendees at the seminar, and were incredibly friendly.
The staff RAN to take care of the needs of all persons. This reviewer feels that this reviewer could have asked the staff at the Sheraton to wash this reviewer's rental car, and the staff would probably have done so!
You will pay a fee to park in the adjacent structure, but that's not the gripe. In Pasadena, expect to not find "free parking."
The gripe?
Hotels have got to stop charging $9.95 a day for internet access. This reviewer is amazed that this still happens. This is usually an issue with hotels carring the Marriott medallion, and it is silly for the Sheraton Pasadena to continue this antiquated practice.
One can go to a Starbucks and McDonalds and find "free wifi." One would think that the hotels (the Seraton Pasadena included) would want their guests to stay at the hotel, not go out seeking free wi-fi. Better to have guests spend the bucks at the Sheraton restaurants and bars and provide free wifi than have the guests leave the property.
If this reviewer comes to Pasadena for pleasure or business, indeed, this will be the venue to chose again.
They "do it right."

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Ashley D, Manager at Sheraton Pasadena, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your detailed review with us and our future guests. Your comments for our guestrooms and helpful associates are greatly appreciated. Customer service is very important to us here at the Sheraton Pasadena and we are pleased to hear our staff exceeded your expectations. Thank you again for providing this valuable feedback and we do hope that you will consider our hotel again on your next visit to Pasadena.
Menlo Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Sheraton Pasadena hotel when I was there for a conference. In particular, I found their beds to be comfortable (I slept very well), and the gym to be well equipped with modern treadmills, etc.

But what I would like to highlight here is that the service was exemplary even after my stay had ended. When I called to request help with an invoice from my stay, the senior front office supervisor, Jason Brown, was extremely courteous, taking his time to figure out what I needed and following through promptly, even though my request ended up being a bit more complicated than expected. These days, i don't take service like that for granted.

I would recommend a stay at this Sheraton.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for your feedback!
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed in this hotel last week and were very happy with our room. It had everything we needed, including very, very comfortable beds and a huge flat-screen TV. Yes, the hotel is on the older side, but it is still a very nice stay & so conveniently located to everything Pasadena has to offer. The staff was very friendly and I will definitely consider another stay at this hotel in the future. Parking is high, but not any higher than other hotels in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashley D, Manager at Sheraton Pasadena, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us at the Sheraton Pasadena. We are delighted to hear that you had a relaxing and enjoyable stay. Thank you for your comments regarding our clean and well-appointed guestrooms and additional amenities. The Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed is designed to provide our guests with the much needed rest and comfort they need while traveling away from home. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed here while in town for the Rock and Roll Half Marathon. The staff was extremely courteous and the room was very clean. The only two downsides that we found were the $18 a night fee to park in the garage and the lack of free wifi in the room. The room had a mini fridge, the bathroom was extremely clean and modern (great shower pressure as well), we were able to use our phones as remotes for the television, and the location was located within walking distance from countless restaurants and shops. We would definitely stay here again while in Pasadena.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashley D, Manager at Sheraton Pasadena, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Congratulations on completing the Pasadena Rock and Roll Half Marathon; that is an impressive feat. Thank you for sharing your review and your recommendation of the Sheraton Pasadena Hotel. We appreciate your comments regarding the courteous staff, clean guestrooms, modern bathrooms and additional in room amenities. It is very exciting to hear that you took advantage of the new Lodgenet App and were able to use your phone as a remote; it is a fun innovative way to watch the TV. Thank you for sharing our convenient location with our future travelers! We are very grateful for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Pasadena Hotel.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I just finished a two-night stay at the Sheraton Pasadena. I was in town to run the Pasadena Rock and Roll Half-Marathon. The hotel was the perfect location for the race, as it is adjacent to the Pasadena Convention Center, a block from Paseo and just a few from Colorado. The staff were all friendly and accommodating. My only real complaint is really about the 'state' of the hotel. This hotel is outdated and old. The beds were very uncomfortable, wallpaper had stains on it, our television didn't work 50% of the time and the housekeeping staff walked in our room 3 different times, when we were in it!!!! If don't know that the ratings reflect this property accurately, but it is what it is. I highly urge the ownership group to invest some money in updating this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ashley D, Manager at Sheraton Pasadena, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Congratulations on completing the Pasadena Rock and Roll Half-Marathon, we are very impressed by your determination! We are glad that the hotel was in a perfect location to the race and hopefully you were able to explore more of Pasadena after the competition. Thank you for your insights regarding the guestrooms, these comments will be very helpful in determining where future renovation monies should be spent. We are disappointed to hear that the housekeepers interrupted you in your guestroom; I have shared your comments with our Director of Housekeeping and we will look into this matter immediately. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you back again soon.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

As a Starwood Preferred Guest, I frequently find glossy emails for Sheratons in paradise locations pinging my Inbox. However, far more Sheratons will be like the one in Pasadena where I recently stayed: a bit old but perfectly pleasant for a stay (won at $80/£50 on Priceline). I don’t care if the fittings are old so long as everything works more or less as it should. The photos of the room on Tripadvisor reflect what the hotel is like.

My room had 2 double beds which made it quite large for me as a single traveller. The bed was as comfortable as any I have experienced at any hotel. Wonderful. The room had everything else that any traveller would expect, with the exception (for this was a Standard room) of a safe, which was a bit of a nuisance. There were no cleanliness issues at all. No problem with noise either. The aircon was old and not terribly efficient but it was cool enough outside for me to open the windows and cool the room that way.

Not many people seems to take breakfast or dinner at the hotel which is a pity as both were pretty enjoyable.

Service throughout the hotel was very good. One day in the lobby my server from the previous evening (Rene?) greeted me by name which I rather liked.

The Sheraton is situated 5 minutes walk from the Gold Line Metro trains that go into downtown LA every few minutes. Old Pasadena with its wonderful shopping is about 5 minutes walk away. (I had what I think might have been the best steak of my life at AKA- An Amercian Bistro.) There is also a large open air mall very close to the hotels. Pasadena is quite an up-market place with some attractions around it that would be ideal for a lazy weekend vacation. Spectacularly clean as well: try finding litter on the sidewalk. It is not great as a base for seeing LA proper especially if you don’t want to drive.

I’m a bit puzzled why this Sheraton doesn’t have slightly better ratings. Four stars from me out of five because of the absent in-room safe. Whilst it’s not OTT luxurious, if you want a solidly comfortable hotel for a business stay or vacation you can’t go wrong here. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: There is an open-air swimming pool, so if you like your peace and quiet and the weather is warm you...