“Very nice, clean, pleasant hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #13 of 28 hotels in Pasadena
Windsor, Canada
“Very nice, clean, pleasant hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed here for the Breeders Cup, so it's difficult to comment on the price: it was very expensive, but in fairness, everything was expensive that week (and the Hilton was almost $200 more per night!). Nevertheless, it's a nice, bright clean hotel and the front desk staff was very helpful and professional, and we felt that it was a perfectly good deal for the money. We decided to upgrade to the Club Floor, and it was well worth the price. The breakfast and evening snacks are well worth it, and it makes for a more relaxing experience.

The room was spacious and comfortable. I was a bit surprised by some of the mediocre reviews I'd read previously: I'm a very season and extremely fussy traveler, and was concerned that it would be a "tired" hotel. I didn't find this to be the case at all.

It's impossible to get around own conveniently-- it's L.A., essentially-- and an added bonus of the hotel was the access to both their shuttle, and to a car service (and Vic, the wonderful driver!). We used both services several times. Our big mistake was not arranging the car service from LAX: upon our arrival, we took a taxi to the hotel, which was insanely expensive, and it would have been substantially less expensive to have called the hotel and pre-arranged for the car to have met us at the airport. We took the car service for our return flight, and it was very pleasant. The shuttle was super-convenient, and very friendly drivers both nights!

The location is also ideal. There is a huge shopping district (Old Pasadena) just a few blocks away, but there is a Macy's just a stone's throw from the hotel, so if you're like me and need a last-minute handbag or pair of socks, voila!

I would happily stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

405 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Very nicely kept property next to convention center and heart of Old Town. Hit Gelson's Market for casual eats or the Paseo Colorado for restaurants, shops and movies. Through the Paseo to Europane for the
Best coffee, breakfast, lunch and naked goods. A few blocks from the heart of Old Town for more shops and restaurants!

• Stayed November 2012
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

For the price paid, it was just average value. Location is good. Parking is expensive at $18 ; it was not clear to me whether it would be cheaper to pay the convention rate for night for $10 directly to parking instead of hotel but front desk said it would be charged twice once past midnight. do not know if that is true. room was excellent; had fridge but no microwave. ask for room overlooking the front or Cordova St and not back or convention center. Great location. Expensive breakfast with average food. The staff did what they were supposed to but were not friendly or helpful. For example, there was NEW YORK TIMES at front desk and I asked for one and checkout clerk grudgingly and reluctantly gave me one. My starwood rewards membership was never acknowledged and i was denied an upgrade to club floor even though i had called earlier to request one. I found the bed comfortable

Room Tip: Ask for room facing front or Cordova St and not back or convention center
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Collingswood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed a few days, in early November 2012. In all aspects, the hotel was exceptional. The staff is friendly. I asked a doorman for walking directions to a local restaurant and he walked me through the hotel to show me the easiest route. My friends, or family, would not even do that. The room was large, clean, with a wonderful bed. The facility is great, the local area is outstanding. Believe me, you will be happy that you made the choice to stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
three way tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Views are wonderful but good hearts make our world spin.
From the concierge to the club staff and housekeeping, the staff made us feel special whenever we gave the the opportunity.
a warm thank you as we completed our 30 year anniversary trip to Rome.
J&S

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

There are much better places to stay in Pasadena (the Hilton a block or so away, the Courtyard by Marriott, or the Embassy Suites in Glendale if you don't mind being a bit further away, even the Pasadena Inn is better). I visit Pasadena a lot and wound up staying here because I couldn't get in anywhere else.

The room was big, but most of the space was wasted. The bed was terrible (plasticy thin comforter, impossibly thick, heavy, and hot thick comforter). The room got hot at night even though the outside temperature was in the 50s-60s, so I had to run the junky-looking wall air conditioner, which was noisy and took a long time to cool the room down.

At checkout, which I wound up doing in person at the front desk at 6:30 AM because they don't automatically check you out and slip the bill under your door, they gave me a bill only for the parking, so I had to call back (so-far unsuccessfully) when filling out my expense report to try to get a real receipt.

All of this would have been okay if the place was a good deal, but it wasn't. I won't be staying there again if I can avoid it. Good riddance.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a perfectly fine hotel, though it doesn't seem to be run as efficiently as the Hilton just a quarter mile away. The rooms are fine, but the check-in guy was incompetent. First thing out of his mouth when I went up to the desk was "Well, let me see if we have anything available; we're full you know" (not what anyone wants to hear when they've got a reserved reservation). He also mumbled something about "you're on the Club floor, so that's nice," but didn't explain what that means (2 days into my stay, I discovered it meant that there was a free breakfast available, as well as an evening reception!). Finally, he made a big deal about how they're now a very "green" hotel and no longer print statements to deliver to your door at checkout. When I explained that I need such a thing for business documentation, he said, "Oh, we can do it on request - do you want to request this?" I indicated "yes," yet they still didn't do it at checkout (meaning I had to stand in line with my luggage for 10 minutes at checkout just to get a receipt... and then (ironically for a "green" hotel), they didn't print front/back and, instead, printed it on multiple 1-sided sheets! One other little thing... when making a reservation on the Sheraton website, the confirmation doesn't indicate that they charge an additional $18 for parking. The nearby Westin, Courtyard, and Hilton are all much more "up front" about this. Having stayed at these other nearby hotels, I have to say that the Westin and Hilton are both much more efficiently run - at least from a staff training standpoint.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Pasadena? Share your experiences!