“Will come back” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
san francisco
“Will come back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed here for two nights, the rooms were vary small but cozy. We had two bed in the were, they don't look like queen beds, more like full size. Love the location of the hotel, some what of a walkable distance to the main street for shops and food. What I LOVE about this place is the Fitness facility. The gym is 24 hours and the best part is a sauna and a steam room inside the gym bathroom. Very convenient after a nice run out on the street and relax inside the steam room. One thing I didn't enjoy was their bed, it was just too soft for my back. When I lay on it, it literally sinks in. All in all, it's a great hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Timothy L, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. Wellness is one of our brand initiatives and we are fortunate to have one of the best gyms in the area, certainly of any of the hotels. When you return, please let us know th atyou prefer a firmer matress as we do have ways to accommodate that request. Thank you for chosing Westin.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

It was my first time to stay at the Westin at Pasadena, CA in Feb. I booked two rooms via an online website and got a pretty good price. Because I was travelling with a group of friends so I wanted to make sure there are two double beds in each of the rooms. So after I made the reservation online, I made a special call to the hotel desk and talked to someone and told them that I will need to have two double beds in each room. To my surprise, when we arrived that day, only one of the rooms. I was a little upset but I understood sometimes it is not guaranteed cause we didn't book the rooms directly from the hotel. We ended up got one of the rooms upgraded to a executive level and they offered us a roller bed without any extra charges. They also gave us free access to wi-fi as a compensation. I am delighted and a happy camper again. Phew...

A side note though, when I walked into Executive room, there weren't any soup or shampoo and only had a set of towels. We ended up have to call housekeeping twice...ummmmm....And oh, there's a charge for self parking though. :-/ I guess it's Pasadena.

Overall, I am happy with our stay and will come back in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that we did our best to accommodate your request and that you enjoyed your stay with us. It does make it more difficult to manage special request when you book through a third party, but we will always do our best to take care of you. I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back tot the Westin Pasadena.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Great service and room! Recommendation would be to go to Hotwire.com and choose 4 star hotel in Pasadena. Got our room for a steal. Also told them we were here for our anniversary and we got a room upgrade. When we got back from sight seeing we had a bottle of champagne and berries waiting for us. Staff is very knowledgable. They have a free shuttle within 3 miles. They also have close metro that will take you downtown for 1.50 a person. Great deal.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of great value for our property. I am most pleased that upon finding out that this was your anniversary, the staff created a memeorable experience for you. I hope that you chose to stay with us again soon.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

What a great stay and awesome service over the top. Rooms are very sunny in the morning so bring a sleep mask. Powerful showers were such a pleasant surprise and take a bath. Most comfortable design ever. I love the white rooms.

• Stayed May 2013
Timothy L, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your testimony to Southern California and the sunshine. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and can't wait for your return trip.
Gloucester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Good Hotel situated in the beutiful Pasedena .. Spacious clean rooms with free wifi ( 1st time ever ine a US hotel ) comfortable beds , with a great sun lounge terrace with 4 chairs and 2 beds ..
Friendly helpful staff ...and a great location to hit the local areas .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and for your comments. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.
Aptos, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I'm a Westin fan (and "Starwood Preferred Guest), but this time I booked my room last-minute using Priceline. Got a great rate, loved my room, and the location in Pasadena was perfect. (I didn't use the complimentary shuttle, but appreciated that it was available; the hotel is walking distance from Old Pasadena.) I did take advantage of the rooftop pool and spa overlooking the picturesque City Hall. All in all, a great stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Timothy L, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your loyalty to Westin and Starwood. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you took advantage of our proximity to Old Town Pasadena. There really aren't that many cities any more that are totally walkable and completely safe. I hope that we will once again be your choise when you travel to our area.
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I booked the suite at Westin Pasadena back in November of 2012 for April 2013 as it was close to the church where I was having my wedding ceremony. I had hoped to also be able to use the Westin Pasadena and it's wonderful property to take pre-wedding photos. I had spoken to an employee in the sales office and she told me that it would be no problem. Come a week before my wedding I called in to Westin to confirm my suite and as well taking photos at the terraced lawn/fountain. To my dismay I was told that I had to reserve the terrace for photos and that there would be a charge. However, the terrace had already been reserved that day for another wedding. I was frustrated and upset at the situation particularly because I was not told about this earlier when I had asked the Westin Pasadena and booked my suite back in Nov 2012. I was fine with the fee, but as I spoke with the sales manager Alma I was told there was nothing that they could do even though I had clear record of what day I spoke with the sales woman. Alma said she would try to call the couple and see if they could change their time block for pictures. Yet after several days she never returned my calls which I felt was extremely unprofessional especially given that I was stressing out over my wedding already. I ended up not being able to take photos at the terrace and the day of we saw that Westin had also blocked out the majority of the area for painting.

ROSE SUITE ROOM REVIEW:
I was even more disappointed by the Rose suite. It was clearly outdated, bathroom doors had scratched paint, A/C was loud and produced a slight humidity rather than dry air, and you could see stains on the carpet in areas such as under the lounge chair in the bedroom that had been caused by the legs. For the price of the suite and being a guest of two days I will say there are better options in Pasadena and even other SPG family hotels you can choose from. My only positive comment was that the front-desk, bell hop, and valet were prompt in assisting me. I will never come back to Westin Pasadena again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us on the weekend of your wedding. I am sorry that there was some misunderstanding regarding the plaza area that you wanted to stage your photographs. I understand that you must have been disappointed to be unable to do your photos in the courtyard. It is a beautiful area and makes a great backdrop for pictures. Just to further clarify the situation, we reserve the space that belongs to the hotel for wedding ceremonies. When there are no ceremonies booked, anyone is free to take pictures on the plaza and in the courtyard, which is why I am sure that you were told that you may take pictures there. Your request would not have been ‘booked’ because there was no ‘event’ that would be associated with your pictures.

I understand that Alma tried to work with you and give you options. I am sorry if they were not satisfactory.

We have walked the Rose Suite and will take extra care, based on your recommendations, to ensure that the presentation of the suite is up to our standards.

I wish you and your husband happiness and prosperity in your life together.

Been to The Westin Pasadena? Share your experiences!