“Really nice place and very convenient location” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   191 N Los Robles, Pasadena, CA 91101   |
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Pasadena
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Diego
“Really nice place and very convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We were just in Pasadena for one night following a special event, and the Westin was a nice capper on the day. Nice mountain view (enhanced in the morning by the overnight snowfall) from the tenth floor room, with a cozy window seat/lounge beneath the windows. The room was spacious and quiet, and had all those nice touches that make it comfortable: throw pillows on the window seat, extra pillows and great linens on the bed, extra towels and a dual shower head, and a magnifying hand mirror strong enough that I could actually see to put on mascara. There was a surprising mixup on the bill, with a hefty charge over what my boy friend booked. But they backed it out when he complained and apologized.

Room Tip: North side looks toward the mountains, west toward the beautiful city hall
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

It's bad enough that the Westin continues to use flat sheets for the bottom sheet on their beds, but to use sheets that don't even fit the bed in question is inexcusable. Then they compound it by putting a flimsy mattress pad under is that is not fastened to the mattress itself-the end result of all of this, of course, is a wadded up mess the first time you turn over. Why hotels think that I would be willing to spend upwards of $200/night to sleep in a mess like that is beyond me-does anyone do this w/their own bed at home? Of course not, so why do it here to your paying guests? Then there is the matter of the motion sensors many of these higher end hotels have installed in the guest rooms that turn off the ventilation system, allegedly to be 'green' or 'sustainable'-again, to the hotel GM, do you have one of these in your bedroom at home? If not, why do you think a paying guest wants to have to get up & run around the room @ 3am in order to get the temperature to come back down? Fortunately, at least in my room, the windows actually open which helped during the day, but due to street noise, not really an option during the night. For these 2 reasons, I rated this as a poor stay-if I can't sleep, everything else the hotel has to offer doesn't matter.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Timothy L, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
I am very sorry that your stay with us was not heavenly. It is certainly not our intention that you are not comfortable in our beds. There are many reasons that the industry standard is to "triple sheet" using flat sheets. Most people do not encounter a "mess" while sleeping. I am sorry that this meant a sleepless night for you. On the issue of your climate control, we are truly trying to do the right thing. We do not intend for you to be uncomfortable, but we do want to be envionmentally responsible. I think that you will find, as you mentioned, most hotels will not have thermostats that are not monitored. I hope that your previous experience does not prevent you from staying with us again.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I have always loved Westin Hotels, however, I have never experienced the following:
After a long day of exploring The Pasadena culinary and bar wonders we decided to dip in the jacuzzi before turning in. To my shock we were sharing the jacuzzi with a family with two young children including an 18 month old with a "swimmer diaper" .. Yes a diaper! I asked the "I don't have a clue" mom that I had never seen small children in a jacuzzi before (hint.. Hint) unfortunately she didn't get the hint . I could not enjoy the jacuzzi knowing that these two kids were in there and it was very unhealthy for them and for us. I was surprised that Westin does not monitor the pool area. Overall the service was amazing (except for the "baby wipe" jacuzzi)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Timothy L, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
I am so sorry that this was your experience at the Westin Pasadena. Obviously, it is never appropriate for an infant to be in the jacuzzi. I would certainly have taken care of this situation. I am also sorry that you had to confront the parents to try to correct the situation. I hope that this does not keep you from joining us again.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I love this hotel. I was fortunate enough to spend a glorious two weeks here for a business trip. The hotel has been completely renovated and the rooms are very comfortable. You have views of City Hall dome. The staff is very friendly and the location is fantastic. You can walk down to Colorado Blvd to all of the shops, restaurants, etc. I can not wait to come back with the family later this summer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words and we hope that you bring your family back soon.
Fremont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I used to live in LA, Pasadena is always my favorite spot for shopping, dining, hang out with friends and grab a drink.

My friend had their wedding at Westin Pasadena. We decided to stay there during our visit. The service is average Starwood quality, not extraordinary, but standard. The hotel has completely renovated. The room is quite comfy with beautiful view of San Gabriel Valley. The pool is small, but the views of City hall half dome add some credit to it.

Overall, it was a great stay. Friendly staffs, OK food (from wedding menu), reasonable overnight parking charge (yes, $14 is reasonable in Pasadena), comfortable room décor and renovated bathroom. I think we will stay here again next time when we are in town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for chosing to stay with us on your return trip to Pasadena. I will share your words with our staff because we do not strive to be ordinary or standard. We want to be extraordinary. We take your comments seriously and use them for training. Thanks for taking the time to let us knwo how we are doing.
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed at the Westin during the Rose Bowl in December. Here are the facts:

1. Great location - walk to downtown Pasadena, lots of resaurants, bars, stores and shops.
2. Staff at the Westin is very nice and very accomodating
3. The workout area is very nice, good equipment, steam room and sauna.
4. Pool and hot tub is decent, nothing special but nice with a great view
5. Rooms are just ok, not bad but nothing special. We don't stay in the room much on vaction so not a big deal for us.
6. They allow dogs, if you have one great, we did not so no issue, our kids did love seeing them in the hotel.

So overall we would recommend the Westin, very comfortable feeling with great staff in a great location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for letting us know about your stay over Rose Bowl. I am happy that you found our hotel comfortable and welcoming over the holidays. I know that this time can be hectic for some and am glad that you found a safe haven within our hotel.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I came to eat here with my family and it was the best experience. Norman and Urbano made us feel very welcome and were extra attentative to my kids.We will definitely come back for the food and great service!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you. Our staff in Ventana's are very welcoming and always provide great servise. I hope that you are able to come back and see us soon.