“This is a great hotel and a great location!” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   191 N Los Robles, Pasadena, CA 91101   |
Ranked #3 of 28 hotels in Pasadena
GreenLeadersBronze level
Montgomery, Alabama
“This is a great hotel and a great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I love this hotel. I was fortunate enough to spend a glorious two weeks here for a business trip. The hotel has been completely renovated and the rooms are very comfortable. You have views of City Hall dome. The staff is very friendly and the location is fantastic. You can walk down to Colorado Blvd to all of the shops, restaurants, etc. I can not wait to come back with the family later this summer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Timothy L, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your kind words and we hope that you bring your family back soon.

828 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Fremont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I used to live in LA, Pasadena is always my favorite spot for shopping, dining, hang out with friends and grab a drink.

My friend had their wedding at Westin Pasadena. We decided to stay there during our visit. The service is average Starwood quality, not extraordinary, but standard. The hotel has completely renovated. The room is quite comfy with beautiful view of San Gabriel Valley. The pool is small, but the views of City hall half dome add some credit to it.

Overall, it was a great stay. Friendly staffs, OK food (from wedding menu), reasonable overnight parking charge (yes, $14 is reasonable in Pasadena), comfortable room décor and renovated bathroom. I think we will stay here again next time when we are in town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for chosing to stay with us on your return trip to Pasadena. I will share your words with our staff because we do not strive to be ordinary or standard. We want to be extraordinary. We take your comments seriously and use them for training. Thanks for taking the time to let us knwo how we are doing.
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed at the Westin during the Rose Bowl in December. Here are the facts:

1. Great location - walk to downtown Pasadena, lots of resaurants, bars, stores and shops.
2. Staff at the Westin is very nice and very accomodating
3. The workout area is very nice, good equipment, steam room and sauna.
4. Pool and hot tub is decent, nothing special but nice with a great view
5. Rooms are just ok, not bad but nothing special. We don't stay in the room much on vaction so not a big deal for us.
6. They allow dogs, if you have one great, we did not so no issue, our kids did love seeing them in the hotel.

So overall we would recommend the Westin, very comfortable feeling with great staff in a great location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for letting us know about your stay over Rose Bowl. I am happy that you found our hotel comfortable and welcoming over the holidays. I know that this time can be hectic for some and am glad that you found a safe haven within our hotel.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I came to eat here with my family and it was the best experience. Norman and Urbano made us feel very welcome and were extra attentative to my kids.We will definitely come back for the food and great service!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you. Our staff in Ventana's are very welcoming and always provide great servise. I hope that you are able to come back and see us soon.
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

But beware of how you book. Searching for Pasadena hotels brought me to what looked like a Weston site, but actually was something called roomstays, about which I later read some bad reviews. The rate was good but not until final booking was it revealed that there was a fee. Westin also doesn't credit the stay with their Preferred Guest program.
The hotel is very comfortable, with an up-to-date and larger than usual guest room and Ventanas is the place for a generous and delicious breakfast with excellent customer service. Other restaurants and shopping are within walking distance.

Room Tip: The fifth floor has a view of the city, including the dome of the beautiful City Hall.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for sharing your experience. I urge all visitors to shop at westin.com where we offer you the best available rate. I am sorry that we were not able to award you your SPG points, but hope that you will return to our hotel soon.
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The staff were very attentive, and helpful. Tina at the front desk and Oscar in concierge went out of their way to make sure things were right. I had to change rooms twice because there was a problem, but the staff cheerfully and quickly got me to a fantastic room with a beautiful mountain view on a top floor. I was there for a medical conference, and my birthday was the day after. I was out of town alone, and the staff knew it , so when I got back to my room, the staff had a arranged for a beautiful birthday cake to be there as a total surprise! Great service, the manager Benito Benitez not only emailed me to make sure I was comfortable , he also called the room personally. The outdoor patio is beautiful, the room service was always great, and on time and the bed was very comfortable. This hotel has a hospitable, very attentive staff. Even though the host hotel was sold out, it was a blessing in disguise because it was such great service. They will drive you anywhere within a 3 mile radius and they will come pick you up from shopping or the spa with only about a 5-10 minute wait, without charge. I will go back, especially because the manager cares, and the staff is so accommodating.

Room Tip: I liked the mountain view rooms away from the elevator. I think the 10th and 11th floor were the bes...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for chosing to stay with us. I am glad that we were able to personally connect with you and ensure that you were comfortable. Thank you also for recognizing, by name, our staff that really made a difference to your during your stay. It really encourages them to 'go the extra mile' for our guests. I hope that you had a wonderful birthday and that you will stay with us again when you are in Pasadena.
Paso Robles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I work next to the Westin Hotel, and have breakfast and lunch at Ventanas at least 3x a week. The staff is very friendly and attentive, specifically, Norman and Francisco, who have always greeted me (and frankly, all their customers) with positive attitude. Norman and Francisco demonstrates a well balanced professional and personal courtesy to everyone that walks in at Ventanas, which makes for a positive experience. Their customer service skills represents the utmost professionalism that is expected of a hotel such as Westin.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your business. I know that working in Pasadena, you have many restaurants to choose from. Norman and Francisco do their best to make sure that they make people comfortable and feel special when they are in the hotel. I am sure that you have noticed that we are doing some work on our venue. I hope that you like the changes.

Been to The Westin Pasadena? Share your experiences!