“A Little Disappointed” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 28 hotels in Pasadena
GreenLeadersBronze level
“A Little Disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I've stayed at this location multiple times in the past. Most recent was this week (Nov. 26th). The front staff is excellent, the location great, bell service fantastic... but the room. Not up to "Heavenly" standards. I was upgraded to a nicer room. The downside is the nicer room had two beds (I knew that) it's just I did not know the room had two beds crammed into it. The sheets looked like they were taken out of the package 10 minutes earlier (folds still intact), bed short-sheeted (brought back memories) and to use the coffee maker I'd have to climb on one of the beds. Other than that, great hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for 11th or 12th floor with one bed.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Timothy L, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for your time to give us your feedback. I am sorry that your expectations were not fully met. I trust, however, that you were able to rest comfortably and enjoy your stay in Pasadena. I have sent your comments to our Executive Housekeeper to assist her in training. I hope that when your travels bring you back to our city, we can welcome you back to the Westin Pasadena.

753 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
San Fran
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Was not sure what to expect because they were going through renovation, but inconvenience was minimal. Staff were great and we took advantage of convenient shuttle to downtown restaurant (a bit of a long walk to take on semi-deserted streets at night).

Rooms very nicely decorated and immaculate. Bed very comfortable, nice toiletries, towels and robes. Nice lobby bar, convenient for client meeting or drinks.

A good visit and convenient if you don't need to be in central LA. Found a good price and was happy. Will be back!

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for chosing to stay with us and for your good feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back tot he Westin Pasadena.
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We booked last minute at the Westin and found it to be very nice overall. The location was good, the service was good, the food was good, the rooms were well appointed and very nice. Our room was on the 11th floor overlooking an old church and it was very quiet. All in all, a very nice stay and absolutely recommended.

Room Tip: high floors at the back of the building.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I am glad that we had the chance to welcome you to our hotel. Thank you for the time to let us know about your stay. Although not all of our rooms have the view that you had of All Saints and City Hall, the views of the San Gabriel mountains are also beautiful.
Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I've stayed here several times. The most recent was for a conference in October. For me, it is the best hotel in the area....by far. I won't stay anywhere else while visiting. I'm writing a review this time because there was something that occurred on the last visit that impressed me and I thought I'd share. The hotel was SLAMMED that weekend. There were many conferences occurring in the area and also a homecoming dance in the hotel. When we got there, there was a pretty long line of people trying to check in and as per usual, some of them felt put out about it and made their displeasure known to the staff (I really don't get why people do that. I mean, really? Do you think it's that front desk clerk's fault we all showed up at once?). The staff handled everyone wonderfully and as promptly as possible. I was impressed at how they handled the various situations without showing any irritation (I couldn't have done that but I guess it's a good thing I'm not in hospitality). Anyway, after night one at the hotel, we were somehow checked out. They didn't touch our stuff but when we got back to the room that evening, our keys didn't work. We ran into the housekeeping staff and she told us that she showed us as checked out. We explained that we had a 3 night reservation and she apologized and said it would get resolved right away. Well, she wasn't kidding. As busy as the hotel was, as busy as every staff member was, that whole key/room reservation debacle lasted about 10 minutes. TOPS. The pessimist in me thought for sure this was going to be a headache. At some hotels, it would have been. With them, it barely registered. Hiccups happen. There is no such thing as perfect, anywhere. As much as I've traveled, from time to time, you're going to encounter an issue. For me, it is how those issues are handled that make all the difference. This hotel has amazing employees. Every single person we interacted with was beyond pleasant and eager to please. They do have a great little bar in the lobby area and the bartender and waiter (Jaime is an absolute DOLL. I sincerely hope management recognizes how wonderful he really is) remembered us and the drinks/snacks we liked. Took great care of us as we wound down from our lectures. As for the 4 stars out of 5....the room was not as nice as other Westin's I've stayed at. We had a bit of an odd room though because we wanted to stay on the same floor as some friends. The front desk clerk made sure we understood we were agreeing to a different type of room before placing us there. The bathroom was really small and a bit dated. 2 females sharing a room with a tiny sink area is never a good idea but we can't say we weren't warned :-) The last few rooms I've had there were Deluxe Kings and were great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your business and for recognizing the efforts of our staff. I am very proud of our associates and the way that they care for our guests. You are absolutely correct in that we cannot prevent 'things' from happening. I am glad that when you found diffuclty, our staff responded to your needs and made sure that you were cared for. I hope to see you again soon when you return to Pasadena.
Lake Arrowhead, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This was our second stay at the Westin. What stood out both times was the friendliness of the front desk staff and the comfort of the beds--really nice! We also enjoyed the extra large flat-screen tv.

There were several things that I didn't like, however. One is that a hotel of this caliber lacks some things other hotels that aren't as nice freely provide. For example, while there was coffee, there was no mini-bar, mini refrigerator nor microwave. Connecting to the hotel's wireless costs $11.95 per day. Also, the layout of the room just didn't make sense. The coffee was squeezed inbetween two closets, which were right next to the bed--very inconvenient. The entry way was a large, unused space and the bathroom was small with little counter and shelf space. Surely there is a better design for the room for the same sqare footage!

Are these little complaints enough to keep me from returning here? No--it's a nice hotel, in a good location with a very competitive price. I just expected a little more from a hotel with the Westin name.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for chosing the Westin Pasadena on your return trip to Pasadena. I am glad that you found our staff friendly and welcoming. And our signature bed is one of the best in the industry. I appreciate your input on the layout of the rooms and will certainly 'bubble that up' to the powers that be. I hope that when your travles being you back to Pasadena, you chose once again to stay with us.
Orlando
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The hotel is in Pasadena which in itself is a big plus. Parking garage is handy. The room we had is fairly small. I have stayed there many times and had larger rooms. This time I purchased through Priceline and I'm guessing they give Priceline customers smaller rooms. Not sure. I will go back since the location is so great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I assure you that we do not assign our Priceline guest to lower grade rooms. We do have several tiers of rooms that may not have been been available on the web at the time that you booked. I urge you to visit our branded website to see the variety of rooms that we offer. We appreciate your patronage and hoe that you chose to stay with us again.
Westborough, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have been to half a dozen hotels in Pasadena and think this is by far the best of the chain hotels. My wife and I visited our daughter (a college student) for a long weekend and were treated very well by staff. Our stay was extended by a day because of our inability to make it back to the east coast because of the storm, the staff was extremely accomodating, no problem staying later, very helpful in multiple ways.
Car was always brought up promptly, the one breakfast we had was very good.
Only complaint is the bathroom (quite spacious), could use more shelving.
Convenient to Old Town (restauarnts and shopping).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the kind words. Our staff pride themselves in the care and service that they offer to our guests. Since you travel frequently to Pasadena, I hope that you will chose us agin for your next trip. Please also let us know if there is anything that we can do to make your stay more comfortable.

Been to The Westin Pasadena? Share your experiences!