“Clean rooms, friendly enough staff, convenient shuttle to Old Town Pasadena” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Pasadena

Expedia.com Westin.com
The Westin Pasadena
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   191 N Los Robles, Pasadena, CA 91101   |
Ranked #5 of 28 hotels in Pasadena
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“Clean rooms, friendly enough staff, convenient shuttle to Old Town Pasadena”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed there for 3 nights and the hotel is generally clean and nice, as one would expect from a Westin. Hotel staff is friendly enough, though not exactly going that extra mile. The one thing we liked the most is their shuttle service to Old Town Pasadena, where all the shops and restaurants are. We find that to be fabulous, as we don't have to drive our car and look for parking. There are many great restaurants once you get to Old Town and you can easily walk around, shop and dine there.

One caution about the hotel restaurant, we had breakfast there one morning, the food was not good at all. It was not even airplane standards. I would recommend going to a McDonalds, or go to one of the many nice cafes at Old Town for breakfast, do not eat anything at the hotel restaurant.

Another caution - this hotel charges for parking, and overnight street parking is not possible. Be sure to factor this into your total cost.

But all in all, this hotel is a good clean place, the rooms are fine with nice linens, and the staff is reasonably friendly, though not very warm. The shuttle service is convenient. I will stay here again if I am in Pasadena.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Timothy L, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for your time and the specific feedback that you gave us. While I am glad that you were happy overall with the hotel and services, I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations in the restaurant. We generally receive very favorable comments on our food and service. I hope that next time you will give us another try. We do charge for parking, but we keep it affordable and comparatively inexpensive. I look forward to your next trip to Pasadena.

757 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at the Westin Pasadena in November 2012.

The rate I received on the hotel website for CAA(AAA) member was $ 129! and I was treated like any other guest even at this low rate. The front desk person was most helpful and found a quiet room on a high floor as I had requested.

I find the service friendly, particularly the concierge desk.

The room had a view of City Hall, quiet and newly renovated. The room was not big, but comfortable enough.The bedding, pillows and mattress were most comfortable. Everything was spotless. There was s room safe and complimentary Starbucks coffee. There is an internet charge however like many large hotel chains ( very strange tradition by many large hotel chains because even most small inexpensive hotels and B&B's have free wifi) , but at $ 129, how can I possibly complain?

The parking is $9 self park which is just around the corner and a few dollars more for valet which has in and out privileges. Please do not park overnight on the street as we ended up with a parking ticket of over $ 40, and there was no sign on the street that overnight parking was not allowed.

I did not eat at the hotel but it is close to Old Town which has many restaurants.

I will definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on a high floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for chosing the Westin Pasadena for your recent stay in Pasadena. I hope that all of our guest are welcomed the same regardless of the rate that they are charged. I am proud that our staff is caring and courteous. You can also depend on the branded products that differentiate Westin from other brands. Old Town has many wonderful restaurants, but I do encourage you to take advantage of the convenience of eating in the hotel. I hope to see you when you return to Pasadena.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

A good value at $179 per night although the valet fee brings this up to nearly $200 a night. Service is good, rooms are very comfortable and when we had to shorten our stay by a day there was no problem.

• Stayed November 2012
I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will stay with us again when traveling to Pasadena.
Antioch, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

shower sprayed water all over the tub. used a towel from the gym to sop it up. room was nice -- property seemed a bit in need of an update / upgrade. Room seemed to have a little water damage in the bath area -- perhaps related to the tub design.

beds nice as always.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for chosing us for your stay in Pasadena and for your feedback. We are working continuously to maintain the hotel and make sure that our guests are comfortable. I always encourage people to let us know when you have a problem in the hotel so that we can correct the issue. I hate for this to be your lasting impression of the hotel. I hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Westin Pasadena.
Moraga, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed one night for business. I was on the 12th floor. The good: Excellent Westin bed and bedding; the two-nozzle shower; bathroom and room lighting; staff friendliness; food quality at breakfast; reasonable parking charge; quiet area. The mixed: Sort of tired common area carpeting and in room; had an adjoining room, and could hear the neighbor when he pulled the shower curtain, opened his "closet" (stand up wardrobe built into wall); etc. The verdict: I'd stay here again, and, based on my experience, the really negative reviews don't square with what I saw. There are some "needs improvements," but nothing major, just enough to keep me from giving the 4th star.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Timothy L, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your comments and your candor. While I ceretainly appreciate the "good", I can appreciate the "mixed". Unfortunately, connecting rooms are a necessity in our business and limit our ability to control the amount of noise transference that happens. Our capital project list does include new public space carpeting toward the end of next year. We know that it is at the "end of its useful life", the expense is exorbitant and is sometimes not able to be replaced as often as we would like. I hope that you chose to stay with us again and I hope to earn your "four star" rating.
Malibu, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Having stayed here on and off over the last 4 years, I am always hoping that Westin would invest in upgrading their rooms, sadly its not the case. I find the Hotel staff exceed where the Westin brand falls short. The rooms are tired, the in house restaurant is also showing its wear. The roof top gym and pool are adequate and clean.
Pasadena offers literally no upscale accommodations, other than the Langham Hotel which is a 10 minute drive from the city center. Colorado Blvd is the home to a cluster of motels, some of which are quite nice. So if the Westin brand is appealing it is a good choice. If not save you money and stay else where.

Room Tip: Request a south facing room to enjoy the view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your input and I assure you that we take it to heart. The hotel is continuously going through capital improvements. Unfortunately, not all of those are always evident to the guests. We did complete a rooms renovation in May of 2010 and are due to "refresh" our rooms again next year. I am sure that you can imagine the process is endless. I am happy to report that right after the Rose Bowl, we are going to begin a full renovation of the restaurant and outdoor dining area that will transform the entire space and dining experience. I hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to enjoy it.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed at the Westin Pasadena for 5 nights with a work conference.
Great room on the starwood floor - amazingly comfortable bed, nice window seat and view over the mountains, good work desk, no fridge which is a bit odd for big chains, but water in the room each day.
Room service was quick and good basic food.
Really good location, only 5 minutes walk to Macys and about 15 minutes into the main section of Colorado Street. Good choice of restaurants right next to the hotel.
Service at the conference was great - they roped off an area of the bar for us and looked after us throughout the night. If we ever needed anything in the rooms the staff were quick to bring it up. Lunches were fabulous - recommend the mac & cheese, fried chicken buffet! Plenty of snacks (healthy and not so healthy options), constant supply of drinks and a great selection throughout the week.
Event staff met me on a Sunday to go through the room set up etc which was much appreciated.
Free shuttle bus took 15 of us out in the evening and was quick to pick us up when we called.
The Business Centre was just 2 computers in the gift shop, which was closed a lot while we were there. However, the staff on reception would always help with any admin.
Overall a great experience and we'll be back for future conferences!
Particular thanks to the Craig and the banquet captains who looked after us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for you review and for your business. I am glad that you experience in our hotel was positive and that your conference was successful. It is important for us not only to be able to provide a comfortable oasis for travelers, but also to create an environment for people coming together from around the world to share ideas and do "good busienss". I hope the opportunity of seeing you again.

Been to The Westin Pasadena? Share your experiences!