“A very high quality hotel in the heart of Pasadena.” 5 of 5 stars

The Westin Pasadena
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   191 N Los Robles, Pasadena, CA 91101   |
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Pasadena
GreenLeadersBronze level
“A very high quality hotel in the heart of Pasadena.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

A good value at $179 per night although the valet fee brings this up to nearly $200 a night. Service is good, rooms are very comfortable and when we had to shorten our stay by a day there was no problem.

• Stayed November 2012
Timothy L, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will stay with us again when traveling to Pasadena.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Antioch, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

shower sprayed water all over the tub. used a towel from the gym to sop it up. room was nice -- property seemed a bit in need of an update / upgrade. Room seemed to have a little water damage in the bath area -- perhaps related to the tub design.

beds nice as always.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for chosing us for your stay in Pasadena and for your feedback. We are working continuously to maintain the hotel and make sure that our guests are comfortable. I always encourage people to let us know when you have a problem in the hotel so that we can correct the issue. I hate for this to be your lasting impression of the hotel. I hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Westin Pasadena.
Moraga, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed one night for business. I was on the 12th floor. The good: Excellent Westin bed and bedding; the two-nozzle shower; bathroom and room lighting; staff friendliness; food quality at breakfast; reasonable parking charge; quiet area. The mixed: Sort of tired common area carpeting and in room; had an adjoining room, and could hear the neighbor when he pulled the shower curtain, opened his "closet" (stand up wardrobe built into wall); etc. The verdict: I'd stay here again, and, based on my experience, the really negative reviews don't square with what I saw. There are some "needs improvements," but nothing major, just enough to keep me from giving the 4th star.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Timothy L, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your comments and your candor. While I ceretainly appreciate the "good", I can appreciate the "mixed". Unfortunately, connecting rooms are a necessity in our business and limit our ability to control the amount of noise transference that happens. Our capital project list does include new public space carpeting toward the end of next year. We know that it is at the "end of its useful life", the expense is exorbitant and is sometimes not able to be replaced as often as we would like. I hope that you chose to stay with us again and I hope to earn your "four star" rating.
Malibu, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Having stayed here on and off over the last 4 years, I am always hoping that Westin would invest in upgrading their rooms, sadly its not the case. I find the Hotel staff exceed where the Westin brand falls short. The rooms are tired, the in house restaurant is also showing its wear. The roof top gym and pool are adequate and clean.
Pasadena offers literally no upscale accommodations, other than the Langham Hotel which is a 10 minute drive from the city center. Colorado Blvd is the home to a cluster of motels, some of which are quite nice. So if the Westin brand is appealing it is a good choice. If not save you money and stay else where.

Room Tip: Request a south facing room to enjoy the view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your input and I assure you that we take it to heart. The hotel is continuously going through capital improvements. Unfortunately, not all of those are always evident to the guests. We did complete a rooms renovation in May of 2010 and are due to "refresh" our rooms again next year. I am sure that you can imagine the process is endless. I am happy to report that right after the Rose Bowl, we are going to begin a full renovation of the restaurant and outdoor dining area that will transform the entire space and dining experience. I hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to enjoy it.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed at the Westin Pasadena for 5 nights with a work conference.
Great room on the starwood floor - amazingly comfortable bed, nice window seat and view over the mountains, good work desk, no fridge which is a bit odd for big chains, but water in the room each day.
Room service was quick and good basic food.
Really good location, only 5 minutes walk to Macys and about 15 minutes into the main section of Colorado Street. Good choice of restaurants right next to the hotel.
Service at the conference was great - they roped off an area of the bar for us and looked after us throughout the night. If we ever needed anything in the rooms the staff were quick to bring it up. Lunches were fabulous - recommend the mac & cheese, fried chicken buffet! Plenty of snacks (healthy and not so healthy options), constant supply of drinks and a great selection throughout the week.
Event staff met me on a Sunday to go through the room set up etc which was much appreciated.
Free shuttle bus took 15 of us out in the evening and was quick to pick us up when we called.
The Business Centre was just 2 computers in the gift shop, which was closed a lot while we were there. However, the staff on reception would always help with any admin.
Overall a great experience and we'll be back for future conferences!
Particular thanks to the Craig and the banquet captains who looked after us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for you review and for your business. I am glad that you experience in our hotel was positive and that your conference was successful. It is important for us not only to be able to provide a comfortable oasis for travelers, but also to create an environment for people coming together from around the world to share ideas and do "good busienss". I hope the opportunity of seeing you again.
new jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

High end hotel chains such as Westin warrant high expectations. This Westin doesn't meet those expectations. Starting with making reservations, we hung up on the first clerk we spoke to who was unhelpful, unknowledgeable and at times rude. On our second try, we spoke with someone who was pleasant and helpful (we would have called a different hotel but we were part of a wedding party). The check-in line was long and one day, we left our room at 7 am, returned at 2:30, and the room had still not been cleaned. We heard similar stories from other wedding party members. Granted these complaints are not catastrophic, but they should not even be issues at a Westin.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Timothy L, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments. I apologize that your experience with reservations was not good. Any agent that is answering calls at the reservations center reresents our brand and hotel. I am happy to pass along your comments so that other will have a better experience. I am also sorry for the long lines and delayed servicing of your guest room. In order for us to better serve you, please let us know when you would like for your room to be serviced so that we can meet your expectations. We strive to make all of our guest welcomed and comfortable I hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to show you that we can do better for you.
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Updated rooms-love the window seats and the Heavenly beds. Wonderful vistas from the cardio equipment of the San Gabreal mountains; excellent weight-training equipment. All the downtown hotels charge for parking--definitely worth paying for the valet in and out parking. My only pet peeve is the charge for Internet. I was traveling for pleasure and didn't have a business expense account. I have stayed at three other hotels in Pasadena (upscale at the Langham, Marriott Courtyard, & Howard Johnson's) and they all had free Internet.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments and I am glad that you found your accommodations comfortable and enjoyed your stay. While it is not unusual to find internet included in room rates of limited service hotels, I was surprised to hear that the Langham hotel didn't charge for internet. Upon further investigation, I found out that they include internet in a bundle package that also includes parking. We do not have such a package, nor do we charge a "resort fee" as some hotels do. Thank you for chosing our hotel and I hope that we see you again when you travel to Pasadena.

Been to The Westin Pasadena? Share your experiences!