“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
new jersey
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

High end hotel chains such as Westin warrant high expectations. This Westin doesn't meet those expectations. Starting with making reservations, we hung up on the first clerk we spoke to who was unhelpful, unknowledgeable and at times rude. On our second try, we spoke with someone who was pleasant and helpful (we would have called a different hotel but we were part of a wedding party). The check-in line was long and one day, we left our room at 7 am, returned at 2:30, and the room had still not been cleaned. We heard similar stories from other wedding party members. Granted these complaints are not catastrophic, but they should not even be issues at a Westin.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Timothy L, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments. I apologize that your experience with reservations was not good. Any agent that is answering calls at the reservations center reresents our brand and hotel. I am happy to pass along your comments so that other will have a better experience. I am also sorry for the long lines and delayed servicing of your guest room. In order for us to better serve you, please let us know when you would like for your room to be serviced so that we can meet your expectations. We strive to make all of our guest welcomed and comfortable I hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to show you that we can do better for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Updated rooms-love the window seats and the Heavenly beds. Wonderful vistas from the cardio equipment of the San Gabreal mountains; excellent weight-training equipment. All the downtown hotels charge for parking--definitely worth paying for the valet in and out parking. My only pet peeve is the charge for Internet. I was traveling for pleasure and didn't have a business expense account. I have stayed at three other hotels in Pasadena (upscale at the Langham, Marriott Courtyard, & Howard Johnson's) and they all had free Internet.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments and I am glad that you found your accommodations comfortable and enjoyed your stay. While it is not unusual to find internet included in room rates of limited service hotels, I was surprised to hear that the Langham hotel didn't charge for internet. Upon further investigation, I found out that they include internet in a bundle package that also includes parking. We do not have such a package, nor do we charge a "resort fee" as some hotels do. Thank you for chosing our hotel and I hope that we see you again when you travel to Pasadena.
Greenbelt, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was my second time staying at the Westin in Pasadena. Both times I came for weddings. Lovely rooms, big bathrooms and a relaxing experience overall. Last time I enjoyed using the pool, which I didn't get a chance to do this time. Near the Pacific Asia Art Museum and Pasadena Museum of California Art as well as many shops and restaurants. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Timothy L, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for returning to our hotel to celebrate with your friends and family. Weddings are a wonderful time at the Westin Pasadena and I am happy that we are able to have a place in your memories. I hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next trip to Pasadena.
Sao Paulo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The rooms are clean and modern. The beds are very comfortable. The staff are friendly and helpful. The restaurant is pretty good. The pool is nice and the work out rooms are up-to-date with the latest workout equipment, and it actually works. The location is great.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Westin Pasadena and for spreading the word. I am glad that you found your accommodations comfortable and experienced to renewal of out Westin Workout Fitness Studio. I hope to see you again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have been staying at the Westin nearly every week for the past few months.

The hotel staff are friendly and welcoming, the hotel is clean and comfortable with nice amenities, and the location is great. From the moment you pull up you are welcomed by the valet, to the concierge, to the front desk agent. The rooms are spacious and clean with comfortable Westin beds. The hotel is located walking distance from shopping and restaurants at Paseo Colorado, and is a short drive to the shops and restaurants of Old Town Pasadena.
The hotel also has a spacious gym with numerous cardio and weight machines. Additionally, the food and the restaurant is very good and quick, particularly for breakfast, and the service is good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Timothy L, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words and for choosing the Westin Pasadena for your home away from home. It is our mission to ensure that you are well rested and refreshed during your stay. I am glad that we have kept our promise to you. I look forward to welcoming you 'home' next week.
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I travel a few times a year to Pasadena and would not stay anywhere else. Hotel staff are friendly and helpful and there is a shuttle service to nearby areas that runs until late evening so it is easy to get around. The menu is full of fresh, healthy options to meet dietary needs and the fitness and pool facilities are excellent for this type of city hotel. The hotel is in walking distance from many nice bars, restaurants and boutiques in downtown Pasadena. highly recommended for a comfortable stay,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Timothy L, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thanks for you nice comments and your business. I hope to see you again soon.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

The Westin Pasadena is located in downtown Pasadena, not far from the Colorado Boulevard shopping district. It is only about a block from the Paseo Colorado shopping and entertainment area, which includes a nice range of restaurants, shops, and a movie theater. The Pasadena Convention Center is just one more block south, and many of the Pasadena civic buildings (city hall, auditorium, and others) are close by as well. The hotel is several blocks east of the higher end stores along Colorado and from the Norton Simon Museum. It also is several blocks from Cal Tech (realistically not walkable for most people). The hotel had both valet and reasonably priced self-parking. The hotel restaurant was a terrific choice for breakfast. My room was a standard Westin room, clean and comfortable, although it could use a bit of maintenance. The work space was ample and well arranged (with plenty of plugs), but the desk was extremely wobbly. The hotel had a great leather bench along an entire wall beneath the exterior windows rather than the traditional upholstered chair or loveseat, which I found to be really comfortable. My only complaint is that the bathroom could have been cleaner. While not dirty, it definitely needed more than just the normal daily wipe down. I would stay here again depending on the rate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your commetns, both positive and constructive. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location and really experience Pasadena.

We are working very hard with our engineers to get into the rooms and take care of some maintenance items that we have not been able to take care of for a little while.

I hope that we see you again when your travels bring you back to Pasadena.

Been to The Westin Pasadena? Share your experiences!