“Good value for the money” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 28 hotels in Pasadena
“Good value for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

The motel is centrally located. The facility is older, but very well maintained and clean. I found it reasonably quiet. The room was clean with a refrigerator,micro wave, ironing board. Any maintenance issues were small and handled promptly. There is a small pool and hot tub. Breakfast is included....there is a nice small kitchen area. Near by you have stores and restaurants. Yes, I would stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Aptos, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

It's hard to find affordable lodging in the Los Angeles area for less than $150 that doesn't have some challenge. The Comfort Inn is no exception. The property is a 3 story motel with a tiny unheated pool and a small lukewarm jacuzzi. There are no trees to shield the pool from the neighbors. It feel exposed.

Our room had carpet beetles. I know these little guys because they invaded our home and are hard to get rid of, especially if you have carpets. The ones I saw were in the bathroom going from the carpet under the door to the inside of the bathroom wall. They are annoying but not icky like bedbugs. They like dust which I found everywhere, even on the tub. I am not sure the last time someone stayed in our room because there was a thin coating of dust on the tub and the floor had little dark specs of this and that. I couldn't figure it out but since our unit was on the ground floor, it could have blown in from the parking lot.

The staff person checking in was quick but not friendly, but later he told me how to unlatch the pool gate so he was helpful. I found him lounging on a sofa, using his mobile in the lobby so I thought he was a guest at first. I was glad to see the video feed of the security cameras since this spot was on a well traveled street and wasn't fenced.

There was too much furniture in our room for us to easily move around. The bed was comfortable but the rooms need remodeling. I didn't like the dark wood and carpet and wasn't really sure how clean it all was based on what I saw in the bathroom.

We never checked out the breakfast so I can't comment about it. I used to live in the area so I knew the neighborhood. We went over to Foothill to eat and get gasoline and coffee. There is nothing within walking distance.

For one night it worked...I will pick another place next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

read reviews before booking and came here for vacation with my family. checked out other hotels in the are before booking here and must say hotel is very kept up compare to the other hotels and is located in a beautiful area surrounded by beautiful green trees. i have stayed at other comfort inns which offer continental breakfast but this one offers the full breakfast included in the rate. rooms where large enough for me my wife and our daughter. parking lot was a little small but no problem finding parking there plenty of secure parking. was close to all the things we wanted to do. front desk was very friendly. a young man by the name of henry checked us in late at night and recommended several attractions for us to do during the week. some which where more for a younger crowd but the food was good. check out was a young lady which was very informative about the area as well and help us get around. i will definitely be staying next time we are in town. management seems to be doing a great job

Room Tip: get room facing the mountains its gorgeous to see int he day time
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

An older property, three floors, outside corridors, elevator. Room pretty much standard Comfort Inn, but comfortable, well-equipped, completely clean. Free breakfast also standard, but fresh, eggs, bread, cereal, waffles, all the basics. Location is good, though nothing is really walking distance (including the "nearby" Civic Auditorium, and nearby dining options are virtually nonexistent (2 of 3 I checked that were mentioned on the hotel's "nearby restaurants" list were out of business). But everything worked well for me. Bonus points to the staff, who were exceptionally friendly, helpful, and efficient. I've stayed here before (which the staff seemed to know, even though it was years ago) and would choose it again. If you're visiting the Huntington Gardens or Caltech, it's very convenient.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Napa, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

The room was comfortable. The breakfast was pretty good. They served waffles, cereal, muffins, yogurt, etc. Staff was ok.. Not overly friendly. When we returned home , we had Unauthorized charges on our credit card and the hotel was the only place we used it during our stay. The credit card company investigated and did not charge us for the fraudulent charges. Be wary, when you pay. Would not stay there again .. Not very close to where our meetings were.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
ComfortInnPasadena, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near Pasadena Civic Auditorium, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Hello just want to start off by saying thank you for your business and we appreciate your stay here at the comfort inn Pasadena near civic auditorium. The unauthorized charges are actually authorizations from the nights you were here. It is a procedure every hotel must follow in order to check in guest. the autherizations can take anywhere from 3 days to a week from checkout for authorization to be released from bank. The reason the bank did not charge you the ch arges is because there was never charges to begin with since autherization is just pending and not an actual charge. Since this review was only written couple days ago, you must allow time for bank to release funds back into account. Online statement will show pending after few days the pending will clear but it needs to be given time. We were completely unaware of this situation since customer did not make effort to contact us and let us know so we can explain the autherization process. We do have sign in the front lobby when you register stating all cards will be authorized for security reasons. It is a simple procedure all hotels go through in order to let a guest stay in any of the rooms. We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused. We hope someday to earn your business again.
Orem, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

This was the second visit to this Comfort Inn. Same great service from the front desk staff. Room was clean and comfortable. I arrived the day of severe high winds that caused major damage throughout the city. The hotel staff was outside raking up the storm damage as I was checking in.

Room Tip: Both times I stayed on the second floor. No problem at all.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
los angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

I'm not usually a big fan of hotels with outdoor corridors because oftentimes they're a little run down. Not this one. The up keep on the grounds was a plus. There were flowers and trees and a freshly paved parking lot. The room was clean. The breakfast was assorted and well stocked. The guy at the front desk let me borrow his screwdriver set so I could work on my computer. One of the best parts was that it's within walking distance to all kinds of things so you don't have to schlep around looking for a bite to eat you can just walk a block or so. I'm giving this place two thumbs up. Not bad at all for an outdoor corridor hotel. It's all about the details and the management of this hotel understands that.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Near Pasadena Civic Auditorium? Share your experiences!