“Average room” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Pasadena
Concord, California
“Average room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Older hotel that could use an update. The hotel is not within walking distance of Old Pasadena and there isn't really anything nearby you can to walk to. The breakfast was disappointing, stale pastries, coffee not that great and very weak orange juice.
On the plus side the very little street noise intrudes into the room from the street. I don't think I would stay here again if I return to Pasadena. This is not a knock on the staff they were friendly and professional.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed three nights at this hotel while attending a UCLA football game. I was pleasantly surprised at the excellent condition of our room. The furnishings, floor, walls, etc had been recently upgraded. The air conditioning was newer and thus operated quietly. The door opened directly to the outside which I normally do not like but we did not experience much noise from the parking lot. The hotel has a small outdoor pool which we enjoyed. Breakfast was offered in a small room off the hotel lobby. Typical fruit, cereal, rolls, juice, coffee, etc. The area around the hotel seemed safe although I would not go walking around alone late at night. We found a nice Italian restaurant within a few blocks. It was 3 miles down Colorado Blvd to old-town Pasadena and traffic was generally light on the weekend. Parking was inside a well-lit courtyard which I liked. Overall, this was a good experience for a 3-star hotel and we would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed at this Best Western three nights. This BW is obviously aging. However, rooms were clean and comfortable, and equipped with coffee makers and mini-fridges. Wi-fi worked fine for us. Our room was very dark, but mostly because we had one of the few rooms that opened to a hallway wall, and not the parking lot. Breakfast is standard for a hotel of this price point (cereal, waffles, toast), and they make it easy to take food back to your room if the breakfast room is crowded. Location is convenient to highways and old town (with restaurants and shopping). We did have problems finding an open parking spot one evening when we came home on the late side. In all, perfectly fine for a short stay with great value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We arrived after 3pm to find that the suite was not ready. We waited maybe 30 mins in the lobby til we could go into the suite. Patrick was so understanding to the situation. Our suite was outstanding, great flat screen tv where I watched the USA basketball team win the gold the next morning. Bedroom was very comfortable along with the shower in the bath. Pasadena is a marvelous town.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
SACRAMENTO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

“Oh My!” I said to myself as I walked pass a first-floor motel room at 6:30 in the morning. The door of the room was open about four inches and there was a middle aged woman, in a maid’s outfit (black apron with a perky little cap), leanings over and dusting the night stand with a feather duster. The “Oh My” was because that was the only cloths she had on and her rear end was pointed at the door towards me.
Later after getting my coffee at the ‘Breakfast Room’ I mentioned it to Ron. “I am not sure if I saw something right downstairs”. He remarked, “Oh you meant about the woman without any cloths on except an apron?” All three mornings we were there, we had to look away from the slightly opened door to the “Maid’s Room”.

Other than the “Oh My” incident, our stay was comfortable. The room was large, well kept, clean, and competitively priced. Everything worked as expected (i.e. Wi-Fi, coffee pot, shower, etc.). All in all there were no complaints, but there really wasn’t much to write home about either (except the Oh My). I would certainly stay there again, but would also check around other motels before committing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Suzhou, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

After a summer of traveling around the US, I have come to the conclusion that traditionally 'lower end' hotels have figured out something about comfort, service and amenities that the "higher end" luxury hotels have clearly forgotten. This hotel provided outstanding customer service, the EXACT same level of comfort and cleanliness that we experienced at much higher priced hotels, a wide variety of free amenities in a fun, relaxed family atmosphere. Really, when traveling, what more could you ask for? In the same month I stayed twice in high-priced hotels that charged me for internet and had enough 'free' coffee in the room for exactly one person. This hotel (by contrast) offered free internet and a free breakfast. Okay, it wasn't in a fancy buffet hall but a hard-boiled egg is a hard boiled egg. Fruit is fruit. The outside is a bit dated, but the interior had been recently remodeled and was spotless. This is a great place to stay and you won't feel ripped off when you check out.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Pasadena Royale? Share your experiences!